Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 38 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Temperature is a numerical measure of hotness and coldness in a body that is in its own state of internal thermal equilibrium. Its measurement is by detection of heat radiation or particle velocity or kinetic energy, or by the bulk behavior of thermometric material.
Temperature is important in all fields of natural science, including physics, geology, chemistry, atmospheric science and biology.
Humidity is one of the important parameters in the atmospheric gases. The natural air can contain humidity and varies from season to season. Humidity indicates the likelihood of precipitation, dew or fog. There are three main measurement of humidity: absolute, relative, and specific. Absolute humidity is the water content in the air. Relative humidity, expressed as a percentage, measures the current absolute humidity relative to the maximum for the temperature. Specific humidity is a ratio of the water vapor content of the mixture to the total air content on a mass basis.
Microprocessor is a single-board microcontroller, intended to make the application of interactive objects or environment more accessible. It’s an open-source physical computing platform and a development environment for writing software for the board. Microprocessor can be used to develop interactive objects, taking inputs from variety of switches or sensors and controlling a variety of lights, motors and other physical outputs.
This project is basically concerned with the design and construction of a microprocessor-based Temperature and Humidity measuring system that measures the ambient temperature and humidity of the environment, and display it on an LCD screen. A combine temperature and humidity sensor DHT22 is used with micro controller (Atmega328) to develop a Celsius scale Thermometer, and percentage scale humidity measuring project.
1.2 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
The aim and objectives is to design and construct an electronics device that can be used to measuring the temperature and humidity of an environment. The device is also incorporated with LCD (liquid crystal display) that displays the numerical value of temperature and humidity.
1.3 SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
The scope of this project include, the design and implementation of the eletronic circuitry (hardware) and the code for the microcontroller PIC (software) neccessary to measuring the temperature and humidity of the environment. The system should have avariable temperature and humidity range. The design should be based on microcontroller IDE, which includes writing the source codes, debugging any errors, compiling it into a h Hex codes and burning itonto the microcontroller (ATMEGA328).The project has the following limitations:
i. The project measures a distance of just 20 meters.
ii. The temperature should not exceed 50°C.
iii. It only reads relative humidity from 20-80%.
The circuit that will be able to sense the temperature of the environment, do the necessary conversion to its digital equivalents, process, display and switch the relevant device (either the heater or the air conditioner) mainly consists of the DHT22 Centigrade temperature sensor, ATMEGA328P microcontroller, 16×2 LCD. The output of the sensor is fed to the internal A/D of the microcontroller. The analogue voltage output of the sensor is converted by the in-built analog –to-digital converter into its equivalent digital value and then its equivalent degree Celsius value is calculated by the software. The calculated temperature value in Degree Celsius scale (oC) is displayed on the 16×2 LCD.
Fig.1.1 Block Diagram of Temperature and Humidity Measuring System
The power supply been the one that energize the entire circuit, which supplies about 5volt DC to the whole circuit, the entire blocks get their supply from this 5volt,the DHT22 sensor which is the next block, senses the environment of interest and pass it to the MCU which do the necessary conversion of the output from the sensor, and the last stage which is the LCD displays the result.
1.4.1 Power Supply
These are the circuits that provide the main circuit with the required energy to drive the load. The commonest types are the DC power source which could be a battery or an AC-DC power supply. In the AC-DC power supply the high AC voltage is converted into the acceptable level which the electronics appliances can use. One of such converters uses a step-down transformer, rectifier, filters and voltage regulators.
1.4.2 The Sensor (DHT22)
This is an electrical transducer that converts heat energy into electrical energy (voltage). This device has an output voltage of about 10 mV for every Degree rise in temperature, it has a measurement ranges of 20-80% RH and 0-50ºC temperature.
1.4.3 Micro-Processor (ATMEGA 328)
Microprocessor is a microcontroller board which depends on ATmega32. It consists of 14 digital I/O pins, for analog inputs there are 6 analog pins which are very useful. Microprocessor can sense the environment by receiving input from a variety of sensors and can affect its surroundings by controlling lights, motors and other actuators. The microcontroller on the board is programmed using the C++ programming language.
1.4.4 The LCD Display
Liquid crystal display which is commonly known as LCD is an alphanumerical display. It means that it can display alphabets, numbers as well as special symbols thus LCD is a user friendly display device which can be used for displaying various messages unlike seven segment display which can display only numbers and some of the alphabets. The only disadvantage over seven segment is robust display and be visualized from a longer distance as a compared to LCD. Here I have used 16x2 alphanumeric display which means on this display I can display two lines with maximum of 16 characters in one line.
1.5 REPORT OUTLINE
This project is being categorized into five chapters which in all will shed light on the construction. The following is a guide to what each chapter entails in it.
The report consists of five (5) chapters.Chapter one contains the general introduction of work carried out.Chapter two presents literature review. Chapter three introduces the hardware and software design. This chapter describes the components and physical realization of the overall circuitry.Chapter four provides the general discussion hardware construction, testing and principle of operation of the system.Chapter five concludes the work carried out. It highlights the possible recommendations for further research.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INFLUENCE OF JOB SATISFACTION AND SELF ESTEEM ON ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT OF CIVIL SERVANTS (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE IN ANAMBRA S...» ABSTRACT The study investigated the relationship between job satisfaction and self esteem on organizational commitment of civil servant among officers...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is aimed at identifying the problem of partnership business in Nigerian and how to solve some of the problem. This is an attempt...Continue Reading »
3. ENHANCING CORPORATE ACCOUNTABILITY THROUGH EFFECTIVE AUDIT SYSTEM (A Case Study Of Sheffeild Risk Management Limited Owerri Imo State)» Abstract Ability to report back the conclusion of an assignment of the progress made so far to the person(s) who delegated the authority to the perfor...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT ON THE PROFITABILITY OF A MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO)» ABSTRACT Inventory management has posed a great concern to manufacturing firms. This will be attributed to the very nature of inventory as a major con...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The institutions of governance provide a framework within which the social and economic life of cou...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF HEALTHY TIMING AND SPACING OF PREGNANCY APPROACH IN LONG ACTING REVERSIBLE CONTRACEPTIVES ACCEPTANCE AMONG WOMEN IN YALA LOCAL GOVERNMEN...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Family planning is defined as the use of contraceptive methods to control the number, timing and spac...Continue Reading »
7. TEACHERS’ MOTIVATION AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE SECONDARY SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION IN EZZA NORTH L.G.A OF EBONYI STATE» Abstract This study examines teachers’ motivation as a tool for effective secondary school administration in Ezza North L.G.A. Ebonyi State. Fou...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A business combination takes place when two or more business organization come together to fo...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF CREDIT MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL ON COMMERCIAL BANKS STABILITY IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SKYE BANK PLC, OSOGBO)» ABSTRACT This research work is based on the impact of credit management and control on commercial bank stability. In fact credit management determines...Continue Reading »
10. AUTOMATED FORENSIC AUDITING AND FRAUD CONTROL IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION, PORTHARCOURT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Mobile wise geek (2011) defined fraud as a deliberate misrepresentation that causes a form of monetary losses. All of the...Continue Reading »