Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 90 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study assesses the relationship between Bank Specific Attributes and Off-balance Sheet Activities of Quoted Deposit Money Banks in Nigeria for a period of 6 years (2009-2014).The sample comprised of the 9 deposit money banks quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange as at 31 December, 2014. Secondary data was from the financial statements and the stock exchange Fact Book of quoted companies in Nigeria. Correlational research design was used in the study. Multiple regression technique was employed as a tool of analysis. The bank specific attributes are credit risk, liquidity risk, profitability, capital adequacy and size. The findings revealed a positive and significant relationship of liquidity risk, profitability, capital adequacy, and bank size on off balance sheet activities while credit risk had a negative and insignificant effect on off balance sheet activities. The study concluded that four out of the five explanatory variables; liquidity risk, profitability, capital adequacy, and bank size have relationship with the off balance sheet activities of Nigerian quoted deposit money banks while one has none. Therefore, it is recommended among others that the policy makers should pay attention to these activities and monitor their use, incentives should be there to develop derivatives to manage the increasing liquidity risk and lastly, profitability, capital adequacy and size should be enhanced positively.
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of the Study
In the recent decades, banking deregulation, technological changes, financial deepening and
innovation have lead to a more market oriented structure where firms greater than ever relying
on financial market to fund their investments. This change cut across most financial markets
especially in Canada, US, Europe, Asia and in different places around the world (Calmes &
theoret, 2010; Calmes, 2004; Roldos, 2006). The resulting outcome is major change in corporate
financing characterized by relative cut in the share of bank loan and increased share of bonds and
stocks. The transformation is challenging banking business and justified, in part, with the
financial deregulation where banks are increasingly allowed to act as security dealer and to offer
fiduciary services and portfolio advice to investors. In addition to traditional practices, banks
also begin to securitize loans, trade in financial instruments such as guarantees, commercial
papers, acceptances, letters of credit, performance bonds, indemnities that are more in line with
financial deepening process. These non tradition activities are loosely seen as off balance sheet
activities. Off balance sheet activities therefore are transactions that are not currently recognized
as assets or liability on the balance sheet but nonetheless give rise to credit risk, contingencies
and commitments are reported off balance sheet. Off balance sheet activities have become an
issue of global significance gathering controversy.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Advertising is an economic promoter with the attribute of persuasiveness. In formativeness has an important contribution to make in terms of ...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANIZATION» ABSTRACT In this research work titled effect of accountability and transparency on the performance of the public sector organizations with particular ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT For any organization to function effectively and efficiently to achieve its desired goals and objectives, such an organization must have an e...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of to study As a result of petroleum products being the major exporting product among others, of our country. ...Continue Reading »
5. AUDITING AS AN INSTRUMENT FOR ENSURING ACCOUNTABILITY A CASE STUDY OF CATHOLIC INSITUTE FOR DEVELOPMENT, JUSTICE AND PEACE AND CARITAS (CIDJAP)» ABSTRACT Over the years and specifically from the last two decades to date, there have been high clamour by different organizations both governmental ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY An audit is the independent examination of an expression of the opinion of the financial statemen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Warehouse is where goods and commodities are kept for further clearance. Narrowing it to Nigeria ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Fraudulent practices among Nigerians are major challenges facing the development of the country. The federal government has been making sever...Continue Reading »
9. ASSESSMENT OF E-TAX PAYMENT ON REVENUE GENERATION EFFICIENCY IN NIGERIA Case study of Lagos State Board of Internal Revenue and Nigerian Taxpayers» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Tax is any form charge levied on a person or an institution by a governing body or its equivalen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Record keeping in business has been an old practice right from time. It helps businessmen and own...Continue Reading »