Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 100 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
In this present world, individual, business men, firms and government have seen the effects of computer in the area of recording and safe keeping of information,.
However, this computer cannot function unless the day-to-day business activities are well documented and fed into it properly.
Every business set up has different levels of management and each of these levels of management needs information to enable them make decision on how the objective of the organization can be achieved likewise, the government.
In Nigeria before the advent of computer, nearly all clerical works are, done by paper and pen. This gives rise to
® Mismanagement of stationeries.
® Errors and omissions in accounting enterprises
® Monotonous work and tiredness and other, associated clerical problems. But since the introduction of computer, problems are minimized. Therefore, the use of computer in recording accounting information in this modern world cannot be over sighted. In the past, recording, filing and safekeeping of information was known as
“routine clerical work” but with the advent of sophisticated,
electronic business machines it is now known as “data processing”. Today, no business can survive without the use of computer especially, in recording accounting information.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The problems of computerized accounting and computer are as follows:
a. DATA/INFORMATION INPUT:
“Garbage in garbage out” is a general phenomenon in computer. Electronic computer has no self-judgment and as such devoid of human errors becauseit’s what you feed into the computer (input) that it gives out (output). For example, if one
feeds in wrong data into the computer, no matter how efficient the programming may be, wrong output will be the outcome because the computer has been misled.
b. COMPUTER LANGUAGE:
Computer has its own language and all data are programmed and written in this special language. Therefore, it required a lot of training without which computer will not make any meaning to the users.
c. ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Computer does not function effectively in a hot environment, for this reason it requires huge amount in installing air-conditions to enhance efficiency.
Small businesses cannot afford computer because it is costly to buy and maintain which constitutes a bottleneck in getting correct information and as such, the small businesses cannot thrive in the present of the big ones.
Some individuals, business men, firms, and government are not fully aware or do not know about the importance, advantages, disadvantages, and in-depth problems/prospects study of the use of computer in keeping accounting records and information.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This research work on “The use of computer in recording accounting information, problems and prospects” is to investigate or require for the following:
a. To make known the brief history of computer, understand some important components of the computer, advantages, disadvantages, and importance to users that is individuals, business men, firms, and government as a part of awareness on computerized accounting.
b. To make known to small scale businesses affordability of computer in that the cost of different types of computers that can help in recording
accounting information and transactions are made known to them so that they could strive in the presence of the big businesses.
c. To make known users of computer in recording accounting information to know how to keep computer running in a perfect condition, the environment it’s to be kept in should be conducive and cool for effective and efficient performance of the computer system.
d. To make known to users of computer in recording accounting information to understand that there are languages that computers understand and use, so therefore they should go for training in this languages to enable them communicate perfectly with the computers.
e. To make known to the users of computer in recording accounting information to make sure that the data/information we want to input into the computer is correct, valid, trustworthy, and accurate so that when we need back those information, we won’t get something else from what we are looking for.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following are some of the questions the researcher would like to find answer to in order for him to carry out the project effectively:
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF FINANCING INFRASTRUCTURAL FINANCING (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM STATE GOVERNMENT FROM 1999-2006).» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION (BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY) Part of developments in any country is widely held to be infrastructural. Infrastructural devel...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study It is widely acknowledged that the accounting profession is an important facet of our society (Wyatt, 2004). ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Many Nigerians have been greatly concerned with the problem of Nigeria economy especially the persistent depreciation of the naira exchange r...Continue Reading »
4. RELEVANCE OF FINANCIAL RATIO ANALYSIS IN THE APPRAISAL OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS (CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SMALL SCALE COMPANY)» ABSTRACT Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) play an important role in any economy through generation of employment, contributing to the growth ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Credit generally denotes loans and advances made either directly or indirectly by a creditor (lender) to a debtor (borrow...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The origin of merchant banking can be traced to the part played by mechanist in early times in financing international trade....Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF BUDGETING AND BUDGETARY CONTROL ON THE PERFORMANCE OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The changing complexity of business activities and the ever changing conditions of business envir...Continue Reading »
8. RADIO LISTENING HABITS OF STUDENTS IN HIGHER INSTITUTION A CASE STUDY OF BOWEN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Radio is an essential mass medium that virtually every member of the society benefits from. Kuewu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Banks are profit making organizations performing as intermediaries connecting borrowers and lende...Continue Reading »
10. APPLICATION OF FORENSIC ACCOUNTING SKILLS AND DETECTION OF FINANCIAL CRIMES IN NIGERIA (THE STUDY OF QUOTED MANUFACTURING FIRMS)» The first decade of the twenty first century experienced a tsunami or blizzard in the number of reported corporate scandals, frauds, and failures (Bal...Continue Reading »