Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 100 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
In this present world, individual, business men, firms and government have seen the effects of computer in the area of recording and safe keeping of information,.
However, this computer cannot function unless the day-to-day business activities are well documented and fed into it properly.
Every business set up has different levels of management and each of these levels of management needs information to enable them make decision on how the objective of the organization can be achieved likewise, the government.
In Nigeria before the advent of computer, nearly all clerical works are, done by paper and pen. This gives rise to
® Mismanagement of stationeries.
® Errors and omissions in accounting enterprises
® Monotonous work and tiredness and other, associated clerical problems. But since the introduction of computer, problems are minimized. Therefore, the use of computer in recording accounting information in this modern world cannot be over sighted. In the past, recording, filing and safekeeping of information was known as
“routine clerical work” but with the advent of sophisticated,
electronic business machines it is now known as “data processing”. Today, no business can survive without the use of computer especially, in recording accounting information.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The problems of computerized accounting and computer are as follows:
a. DATA/INFORMATION INPUT:
“Garbage in garbage out” is a general phenomenon in computer. Electronic computer has no self-judgment and as such devoid of human errors becauseit’s what you feed into the computer (input) that it gives out (output). For example, if one
feeds in wrong data into the computer, no matter how efficient the programming may be, wrong output will be the outcome because the computer has been misled.
b. COMPUTER LANGUAGE:
Computer has its own language and all data are programmed and written in this special language. Therefore, it required a lot of training without which computer will not make any meaning to the users.
c. ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Computer does not function effectively in a hot environment, for this reason it requires huge amount in installing air-conditions to enhance efficiency.
Small businesses cannot afford computer because it is costly to buy and maintain which constitutes a bottleneck in getting correct information and as such, the small businesses cannot thrive in the present of the big ones.
Some individuals, business men, firms, and government are not fully aware or do not know about the importance, advantages, disadvantages, and in-depth problems/prospects study of the use of computer in keeping accounting records and information.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This research work on “The use of computer in recording accounting information, problems and prospects” is to investigate or require for the following:
a. To make known the brief history of computer, understand some important components of the computer, advantages, disadvantages, and importance to users that is individuals, business men, firms, and government as a part of awareness on computerized accounting.
b. To make known to small scale businesses affordability of computer in that the cost of different types of computers that can help in recording
accounting information and transactions are made known to them so that they could strive in the presence of the big businesses.
c. To make known users of computer in recording accounting information to know how to keep computer running in a perfect condition, the environment it’s to be kept in should be conducive and cool for effective and efficient performance of the computer system.
d. To make known to users of computer in recording accounting information to understand that there are languages that computers understand and use, so therefore they should go for training in this languages to enable them communicate perfectly with the computers.
e. To make known to the users of computer in recording accounting information to make sure that the data/information we want to input into the computer is correct, valid, trustworthy, and accurate so that when we need back those information, we won’t get something else from what we are looking for.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following are some of the questions the researcher would like to find answer to in order for him to carry out the project effectively:
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Forms of banking have been in existence about 500 BC. The early bankers (the jews) lombandy in Italy transacted their bus...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF BUDGETING CONTROL ON PROFITABILITY OF AN ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS NIGERIA PLC)» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of budgetary control on profitability of an organization. Thus, the importance of budgetary cannot be emphasiz...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study tends to critically examine the effectiveness of financial accounting and reporting on management decision making. The major sourc...Continue Reading »
4. AN ASSESSMENT OF INTERNAL AUDIT OPERATION IN A GOVERNMENT PRASTATAL: A CASESTUDY OF PIPELINES AND PRODUCT MARKETING COMPANY (PPMC)» ABSTRACT The main objective of the study was to assess the Internal Audit mechanisms put in place by the management of Pipelines and Product Marketing...Continue Reading »
5. ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AS AN AID TO MEANINGFUL INVESTMENT DECISION MAKING (A Case Study Of Investment Firms In Enugu State)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this research project was to find out how financial statement analysis service of our aid to meaning decision by investment fi...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING REPORT ON THE CORPORATE PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The impact of financial accounting reports on the corporate performance is becoming more apparent...Continue Reading »
7. THE APPLICATION OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN THE PREVENTION OF POLLUTION IN THE MARITIME INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF RIVERS PORT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Countries with small populations and higher levels of development may cope with globalization bet...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The last decade has witnessed several accounting scandals and corporate failures that were blamed...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The Nigerian banking sector since the inception of the first commercial bank in 1892 known as African Banking Corporation, ha...Continue Reading »
10. INTERNAL AUDITING AND MANAGEMENT DECISION MAKING IN AN ORGANIZATION: A STUDY OF NESTLE NIGERIA PLC» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add ...Continue Reading »