Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study was centered on peace accounting and economic development of Nigeria. The main objective of this study is to examine the impact of peace on economic development.The study employed the descriptive and explanatory design; questionnaires in addition to library research were applied in order to collect data. Primary and secondary data sources were used and data was analysed using the chi-square statistical tool at 5% level of significance which was presented in frequency tables and percentage. The respondents under the study were 32respondents.
The study findings revealed peace significantly impacts on economic development. Based on the findings from the study, organizations/government should be vigorously involved in peace building as it helps in sustaining and promoting economic development.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The term peace is relative and the conditions for peace differ from one society or nation to another. However Ibeanue (2005) asserted that peace is a process involving activities that are linked to increasing development and reducing conflict. It is described as justice and development, respect and tolerance between people, wholeness and making whole, and the absence of war. Despite its relative nature, peace has a common denominator, i.e. the harmonious or friendly pursuit of individual and collective interest defined by rules of conduct or standard of behaviour. Thus, in this context, peace is described as a condition in which people live in agreement with accepted standards of conduct or rules of behaviour that promote public good and the happiness of every one.
The exploitation and production of oil in the Niger-Delta have created some of the largest fortunes for the multinational companies and have helped to achieve impressive economic growth and development of the Nigeria state, but little or no attention has been directed by both the multinational companies and the Nigeria governments to the effects of such oil activities on the welfare of oil producing communities (Ikein, 1990). Oil has not as expected brought prosperity, better living conditions and governmental attention and development; rather it has become a curse and impoverishes the inhabitants of the Niger-Delta region. However a fight for their rights against the multinational companies and the Federal Government has resulted in large-scale violence, crisis, social tension, hostage taking, man slaughter, kidnapping and other social vices of the region. The aftermath of these vices, is the high degree of insecurity in the region, which has led to the withdrawal of major oil producing companies from the region. The low level of oil production as a result of insecurity of lives and property in the region has a strong negative impact on the Nigerian economy (Ikelegbe, 2008). In their effort to bring the situation under control, the multinational companies, governments and other stakeholders have been clamouring for peace in the Niger-Delta region to boost economic development.
1.2 PROBLEM OF THE STUDY
Various strategies are being devised by the multinational companies and the government for the enthronement of pace in the Niger-Delta region of Nigeria. Multinational companies are spending so much money to hire security agents to protect their facilities and personnel from militant attacks. The government on the other hand is spending huge amount of money to maintain peace-keeping forces in the region. In 2009, the Federal Government of Nigeria under the administration of President Umaru Musa Yar, Adua, granted amnesty to militants and these former militants are currently on the payroll of the government thereby reducing government current revenue. Akeem and Erhun (2010) posited that the recurrent expenditure of the Federal Government increases on a basis at an average of 12.69 due to security measures taken by governments to ensuring peace in the Niger-Delta region. It is upon this premise that this paper tends to investigate the impact of cost of peace-keeping in North-East region and the economic development of Nigeria.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objectives of this study include but not limited to;
1. To evaluate the impact of the peace on economic development in North-East region of Nigeria.
2. To identify the causes of peace alteration in North-East region and the economic development of Nigeria.
3. To promote peace and economic development in North-East region Nigeria.
4. To determine the relationship between peace accounting and economic development.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What is the impact of the peace on economic development in North-East region of Nigeria?
2. What are the causes of peace alteration in North-East region and the economic development of Nigeria?
3. How can peace and economic development be promoted in North-East region Nigeria?
4. What is the relationship between peace accounting and economic development?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: There is no significant impact of the peace on economic development in North-East region of Nigeria.
H1: There is no significant impact of the peace on economic development in North-East region of Nigeria.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will be of immense benefit to other researchers who intend to know more on this topic and can also be used by non-researchers to build more on their work.
The study will also contribute to knowledge and could serve as a bench mark or guide for other work or study.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research focuses mainly on the impact of peace on the economic development in North-East region of Nigeria.
1.8 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The only limitation faced by the researcher in the course of carrying out this study was the delay in getting data from the various respondents. Most respondents were reluctant in filling questionnaires administered to them due to the peace threat experienced in the region. The researcher found it difficult to collect responses from the various respondents, and this almost hampered the success of this study.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
PEACE: Peace occurs between heterogeneous social groups and is characterized by a lack of conflict and freedom from fear of violence.
ECONOMY: This refers to the wealth and resources of a country or religion, especially in terms of the production and consumption of goods and service. It is also the state of a country or region in terms of the production and consumption of goods and services and the supply of money.
DEVELOPMENT: the process in which someone or something grows or changes and becomes more advanced
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ECONOMIC CHARACTERISTICS AND FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Organizations are institutions deliberately designed to achieve and accomplish certain goals and ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Fraud in the Nigerian banking institution in seen by people as an enemy, moreover on their own assets even when they themselves are cleaver f...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPLEMENTATION AND ADOPTION OF INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC SECTOR ACCOUNTING STANDARDS ON FINANCIAL REPORTING QUALITY IN NIGERIA PUBLIC SECTOR» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration Page ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vii List of Tables xi Abstract x...Continue Reading »
4. BUDGETING AS AN INSTRUMENT OF INTERNAL CONTROL IN A MANUFACTURING ORGANIZATION (A Case Study Of Ama Breweries Enugu)» ABSTRACT An efficient budgeting control system is one that produces the desired result. A balanced budget is the one that produces no variances but to...Continue Reading »
5. AN INVESTIGATION INTO VOCATIONAL TRAINING OF PERSONS WITH SPECIAL NEED. (A Case Study of Kaduna State Special Education School, Kaduna).» ABSTRACTS This Project is a research specifically conducted into the vocational training programs for persons with special needs with particular refer...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Leasing is a contract existing between the lessee and the lessor in which the lessor offers equip...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECTS OF CREDIT MANAGEMENT ON LIQUIDITY POSITION OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC, ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT This project is written in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the award of Higher National Diploma. Let me state that I was motivated...Continue Reading »
8. INTERNAL AUDIT AND FRAUD CONTROL IN PUBLIC INSTITUTION (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO TEACHING HOSPITAL)» ABSTRACT This study examined Internal Audit and Fraud Control in Public Institutions in Nigeria (A Case Study of University of Uyo Teaching Hospital)....Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was intended to study credit risk modeling techniques for life insurers. This study was guided by the following objectives; to kno...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria as a nation has the vision of becoming one among the world's twenty biggest economies in ...Continue Reading »