Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
This report is presented as documentation for the repairs, maintenance and installation in the electrical machine laboratory of the electrical and electronics engineering department of Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna. Most electrical equipment’s are very complex and complicated with several independent units, hence troubleshooting and repairs is also complex. Protection against danger or harm is the most important consideration when working with electrical equipment. One should take reasonable precaution for personal safety, environmental safety and the safety of the equipment on which we are working on. The equipment manual includes the details of safety articles which outlines the steps one should follow to avoid injury. The article also describes safety precautions which states that it is important for one should take those faults which are understood. This can be said that one should attempt to repair only the item he has confidence of repairing.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
After observations the problems realized includes the following:
1. Some sockets have no power and some of them were left uninstalled. This problem could be due to blown out fuses or open circuit in them.
2. Some of the switches are not functioning, this could be caused due to ageing of the switches.
3. Another problem observed was the fluorescent fittings many of them fluctuate when switched ON, this could be caused as a result of low voltage or the tube is dead.
4. One of the celling fan of the laboratory is not functioning and this is cause by a blown out or dead capacitor.
5. Another problem observed was, the fans are not enough to cool the equipment in the laboratory.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of any servicing engineer is to restore a given faulty equipment or gadget into its normal operational standard. hence the task here is to maintain and repair the given faulty sockets fluorescent fitting and also to install new equipment.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
In electrical machine laboratory of electrical and electronics engineering department, Kaduna polytechnic, Kaduna, there are several socket out let, fluorescent fitting, synchronous machines, gang switch and variable power supply. These electrical appliances become faulty as a result of ageing, poor handling and lack of adequate maintenance and repairs. Hence the need for maintenance and repairs has become necessary.
First a complete stock of the functional equipment and system available in the laboratory was taken and recorded. The researcher then proceeded to draw up routine maintenance schedule for each of them, after studying their manuals and other standard procedure documents. maintenance routine include both preventive and corrective methods. Subsequently the drawn up routine was developed into a maintenance calendar to cover the 12 weeks of the field work. The project team then compiled a list of all the tools and materials needed to carry out the repairs, maintenance and installation, cross checked against those available in the laboratory procuring those that were not in the laboratory. Each member of the project study team was then allotted different task and time to manipulate the process and was asked to keep records of his/her activities. At the end of each exercise the team reviewed all the activities throughout the field, work safety precautions were stressed and observed to protect personal and equipment and this paid off as no damage or injury was recorded.
1.6 REPORT OUTLINE
The first chapter introduces the entire report while the second chapter contains literature review that highlighted so many methods of repairs.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION The Financial Function has always been important in business management. Irrespective of differences in structure, owner...Continue Reading »
2. STOCK CONTROL: AN INDISPENSABLE TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE IN AN ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF BETA GLASS COMPANY PLC, UGHELLI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study. Stock is a system used in a firm’s investment in stock which involves recording and monito...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The Economic and Financial Crime Commission EFCC is a Nigerian law enforcement agency that invest...Continue Reading »
4. THE INCIDENCE OF BRAND LOYALTY AMONG CONSUMERS’ OF CEREAL FOODS (A CASE STUDY OF PHINOMAR FOODS ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 9 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Human behaviour is enormously varied and very complex and is predicted on attitude, learning and ha...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTTITLE PAGE iAPPROVAL PAGE iiDEDICATION iiiACKNOWLEDGEMENT ivTABLE OF ONTENT vABSTRACT ixCHAPTER ONE:1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY 11.2 STATE...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study All forms ofbusiness organisation whether large or small need money to startand to meet their dai...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF COMMUNICATION GAP IN THE ACHIEVEMENT OF ORGANISATIONAL GOAL (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY Onitsha)» ABSTRACT In writing an abstract, the researcher needs to write on how he or she intends carrying out a study. The topic of this project is The Effect ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Corporate governance has been of concern since the foundation of the joint stock company. Much of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The concept of corporate governance has attracted a good deal of public interest in recent years,...Continue Reading »
10. ENVIRONMENTAL COST MEASUREMENT AND ITS EFFECTS ON INVESTMENT RETURN IN UNITED CEMENT COMPANY, CALABAR» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Despite best efforts in Measuring Environmental Impact, industries continue to generate and disch...Continue Reading »