Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
This report is presented as documentation for the repairs, maintenance and installation in the electrical machine laboratory of the electrical and electronics engineering department of Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna. Most electrical equipment’s are very complex and complicated with several independent units, hence troubleshooting and repairs is also complex. Protection against danger or harm is the most important consideration when working with electrical equipment. One should take reasonable precaution for personal safety, environmental safety and the safety of the equipment on which we are working on. The equipment manual includes the details of safety articles which outlines the steps one should follow to avoid injury. The article also describes safety precautions which states that it is important for one should take those faults which are understood. This can be said that one should attempt to repair only the item he has confidence of repairing.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
After observations the problems realized includes the following:
1. Some sockets have no power and some of them were left uninstalled. This problem could be due to blown out fuses or open circuit in them.
2. Some of the switches are not functioning, this could be caused due to ageing of the switches.
3. Another problem observed was the fluorescent fittings many of them fluctuate when switched ON, this could be caused as a result of low voltage or the tube is dead.
4. One of the celling fan of the laboratory is not functioning and this is cause by a blown out or dead capacitor.
5. Another problem observed was, the fans are not enough to cool the equipment in the laboratory.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of any servicing engineer is to restore a given faulty equipment or gadget into its normal operational standard. hence the task here is to maintain and repair the given faulty sockets fluorescent fitting and also to install new equipment.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
In electrical machine laboratory of electrical and electronics engineering department, Kaduna polytechnic, Kaduna, there are several socket out let, fluorescent fitting, synchronous machines, gang switch and variable power supply. These electrical appliances become faulty as a result of ageing, poor handling and lack of adequate maintenance and repairs. Hence the need for maintenance and repairs has become necessary.
First a complete stock of the functional equipment and system available in the laboratory was taken and recorded. The researcher then proceeded to draw up routine maintenance schedule for each of them, after studying their manuals and other standard procedure documents. maintenance routine include both preventive and corrective methods. Subsequently the drawn up routine was developed into a maintenance calendar to cover the 12 weeks of the field work. The project team then compiled a list of all the tools and materials needed to carry out the repairs, maintenance and installation, cross checked against those available in the laboratory procuring those that were not in the laboratory. Each member of the project study team was then allotted different task and time to manipulate the process and was asked to keep records of his/her activities. At the end of each exercise the team reviewed all the activities throughout the field, work safety precautions were stressed and observed to protect personal and equipment and this paid off as no damage or injury was recorded.
1.6 REPORT OUTLINE
The first chapter introduces the entire report while the second chapter contains literature review that highlighted so many methods of repairs.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF AUDITORâ€™S REPORT ON CORPORATE GOVERNANCE (A CASE STUDY OF NON-FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS)» Abstracts This project examines the role of auditors report in corporate governance. The problems, challenges, prospects of auditing and corporate gov...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPORTANCE OF COST ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES. [A CASE STUDY OF NORTHERN CABLE PROCESSING MANUFACTURING CORPORATION (NACACO)]» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Cost accounting is considered as the managerial planning and control activities furnishing management with the necessary ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Moringa, native to part of Africa and Asia in the sole genus in the flowering plant family moringa cease. The name in der...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF GLOBALIZATION ON THE ECONOMIC GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF DEVELOPING ECONOMIES: THE NIGERIAN EXPERIENCE» vi ABSTRACT This research project studied the impact of globalization on the economic growth and development of Nigeria and other developing economies...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Approval Page iv Dedication v Acknowledgement vi Table of contents vii Abstract ix CHA...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Every Natural gas well ceases producing as reservoir pressure depletes. The usual liquid presence in the reservoir can cause further problems...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe impact of Computer to Nigeria Commercial Banks especially Union Banks Plc cannot be over emphasized. Many banks have realized the used of ...Continue Reading »
» ABTRACT Corporate organizations owe a duty to fully disclose matters concerning their operations so as to aid investors in making investment decisions...Continue Reading »
9. THE INFLUENCE OF AUDITOR’S TYPE ON THE QUALITY OF FINANCIAL REPORTS OF MANUFACTURING FIRMS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years, the influence of auditors on financial reports of firms or companies all over the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work identifies the challenges facing police departments that seek to implement computerized crime tracking information systems....Continue Reading »