Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
This report is presented as documentation for the repairs, maintenance and installation in the electrical machine laboratory of the electrical and electronics engineering department of Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna. Most electrical equipment’s are very complex and complicated with several independent units, hence troubleshooting and repairs is also complex. Protection against danger or harm is the most important consideration when working with electrical equipment. One should take reasonable precaution for personal safety, environmental safety and the safety of the equipment on which we are working on. The equipment manual includes the details of safety articles which outlines the steps one should follow to avoid injury. The article also describes safety precautions which states that it is important for one should take those faults which are understood. This can be said that one should attempt to repair only the item he has confidence of repairing.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
After observations the problems realized includes the following:
1. Some sockets have no power and some of them were left uninstalled. This problem could be due to blown out fuses or open circuit in them.
2. Some of the switches are not functioning, this could be caused due to ageing of the switches.
3. Another problem observed was the fluorescent fittings many of them fluctuate when switched ON, this could be caused as a result of low voltage or the tube is dead.
4. One of the celling fan of the laboratory is not functioning and this is cause by a blown out or dead capacitor.
5. Another problem observed was, the fans are not enough to cool the equipment in the laboratory.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of any servicing engineer is to restore a given faulty equipment or gadget into its normal operational standard. hence the task here is to maintain and repair the given faulty sockets fluorescent fitting and also to install new equipment.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
In electrical machine laboratory of electrical and electronics engineering department, Kaduna polytechnic, Kaduna, there are several socket out let, fluorescent fitting, synchronous machines, gang switch and variable power supply. These electrical appliances become faulty as a result of ageing, poor handling and lack of adequate maintenance and repairs. Hence the need for maintenance and repairs has become necessary.
First a complete stock of the functional equipment and system available in the laboratory was taken and recorded. The researcher then proceeded to draw up routine maintenance schedule for each of them, after studying their manuals and other standard procedure documents. maintenance routine include both preventive and corrective methods. Subsequently the drawn up routine was developed into a maintenance calendar to cover the 12 weeks of the field work. The project team then compiled a list of all the tools and materials needed to carry out the repairs, maintenance and installation, cross checked against those available in the laboratory procuring those that were not in the laboratory. Each member of the project study team was then allotted different task and time to manipulate the process and was asked to keep records of his/her activities. At the end of each exercise the team reviewed all the activities throughout the field, work safety precautions were stressed and observed to protect personal and equipment and this paid off as no damage or injury was recorded.
1.6 REPORT OUTLINE
The first chapter introduces the entire report while the second chapter contains literature review that highlighted so many methods of repairs.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF ACCOUNTING ON THE GROWTH OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES (A STUDY OF L.G. PLC, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Accounting is the language of business that can tell with reasonable accuracy the degree of succe...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 479 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» (A STUDY BOURBON DOCKING NIGERIA LIMITED PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE) ABSTRACT This research work was carried out to find out the importance of invent...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 711 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. A CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL ACCOUNTING PRACTICES AND REGULATIONS IN NIGERIA ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGER MILL CALABAR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The need for environmental accounting has become the concern and focus of nations and responsible...Continue Reading »
83 pages | 378 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT In Nigeria we see a lot of individuals who suffer from one health challenge to the other. Some of these health challenges could have been pre...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 602 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT This research work deals with the challenges of internal audit function in the Nigerian public sector with reference to Kaduna state ministry...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 566 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. SIGNIFICANCE OF EXTERNAL AUDITORS ON THE EXAMINATION OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT (A Case Study Of First Bank Of Nigeria Plc)» ABSTRACT This study was to assess the significance external auditorâ€Ÿs in the examination of financial statement of first Bank of Nigeria Plc., E...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 218 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. THE ROLE OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM AS AN AID TO MANAGEMENT DECISION MAKING ( A CASE STUDY OF UNILORIN BURSARY DEPARTMENT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background to the study Every organization both profit or non profit organization has its objectives and goals in min...Continue Reading »
82 pages | 493 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. THE EFFECT OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANIZATION» ABSTRACT In this research work titled effect of accountability and transparency on the performance of the public sector organizations with particular ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 278 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. AN APPRAISAL OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL IN MANUFACTURING FIRMS. A STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERIES AND UNILEVER PLC.» ABSTRACT The research work titled “Appraisal of Inventory Management and Control in Manufacturing Firms”. The general objective of this st...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 226 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. MULTINATIONAL CORPORATION AND TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC NGWO ENUGU» ABSTRACT The total quality of management is a philosophy of management that is driven by the constant attainment of customer satisfaction through the ...Continue Reading »
87 pages | 141 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING