Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study examines the challenges and prospects of marketing Nigerian made computer softwares. Posed with the problem of inferiority complex usually associated with Nigerian made goods, various foreign products have edge over indigenous products. Objectives for the study were to critically examine attitude of people towards Nigerian made computer softwares and various ways in which the marketability of Nigerian made softwares can be enhanced. Concerning methodology, fifty (50) computer science students and lecturers were used for the study. Findings from the study revealed that most students face challenges when convincing organizations to use their indigenously developed softwares. The government should create the enabling environment to enable Nigerian computer scientist to strive in the heat of competition from foreign softwares. Quality of computer softwares should be ensured in terms of security, graphics and user friendliness.
1.1 Background to the Study
Software produced within Nigeria by its citizens is in other words referred to as Made-in-Nigeria software. There is a big need for Nigeria to produce its own software being a third world developing country. This will drive the development, growth and stability in every sector of her economy and give her a platform for global competition.
In the year 1988 the government of the day in Nigeria, took a bold step towards encouraging the consumption and patronage of services or products that were produced in Nigerian. This is to drive and if possible help actualize the Decree for enterprise promotion at home. This decree came into being to reduce dominance of imported products in the economy, to drive local profit retainership thereby and creating more jobs amidst other reasons. Between Nigerian independence which came in 1960 till now, the Nigerian economy have experienced so many changes and undergone political and social changes as well which has resulted in both small and big companies losing their businesses. This was caused mainly by ineffective government participation, management, lack of vision or foresight and laid back leadership exhibited towards indigenous firms. There is low employment of natural resources and underutilization of manpower which has crumbled the entire economy. This scenario holds a lot of implication implications which can affect the image of a country on the global market and impede foreign exchange. This irregularities can cause short supply of products and in some cases could encourage the circulation of fake products due to decline in the income of consumers, shortages caused by fluctuation in household income, bad reputation of indigenous goods, low no zeal for advertising, poor orientation on marketing and a general discontentment for products made in Nigeria (Aire,pp.46-62, 1973:Kalegha et al 1983,p.5). However, as the system is becoming democratized coupled with the awareness for self reliance being raised by government which will enhance sustainable growth, it has increased the hope that Nigerians will eventually imbibe the habit of going for our indigenous brands other words called made in Nigeria goods.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Research shows that Nigerians have a preference for foreign goods more than they do for products made in Nigeria (Aire, 1973,pp.46-62; Kolegha et al,p.7 1983). This study was embarked upon to review the acceptability software that came out from the Nigerian market.
This study will further seek to:
-Ascertain the consuming habits of many Nigerians towards locally manufactured software.
-Evaluate the major variations that exists between past and current research works on the behavior of consumers towards made-in-Nigerian products.
- Ascertain what motivates Nigerian consumers towards the patronage of home produced softwares.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The main objective of this study is to examine the challenges of marketing made in Nigeria software .The study also has the following specific objectives:
1. To examine the overall attitude of Nigerians towards made in Nigeria Softwares.
2. To find out significant differences between the current and past studies on attitude of Nigerians towards made in Nigeria computer products.
3. To critically examine the challenges of marketing made in Nigeria softwares.
4. To appraise factors that motivate users to prefer foreign computer softwares to Nigerian made softwares.
5. To recommend ways of promoting Nigerian made computer softwares.
1.4 Research Questions
The following questions will be addressed in the course of this study:
1. What attitude do Nigerians have towards made in Nigeria computer softwares?
2. What current strides have been recorded in research in computer science?
3. What is marketing and how do Nigerian manufacturers market their Software?
4. What are the challenges confronting manufacturers of made in
5. What are the strategies that can be adopted to address these challenges?
1.5 Research Hypothesis
The following hypotheses has been developed and would be tested in the
Course of this study:
Ho: Marketing of Made in Nigerian software does not have any significant challenge
Hi: Marketing of Made in Nigerian software has very significant challenges
1.6 Significance of the Study
The significance of this research study was drawn from the aforementioned objectives, research questions, and hypotheses such that when tested, they could assist in the following forms:
i. Once the challenges of marketing Nigerian made softwares is understood by the management and line-managers of multinationals and indigenous companies operating in Nigeria, they will be able to adopt the findings and recommendations for effective marketing planning, implementation and control of their operations.
ii. The operators would learn and acquire for adoption, better and more viable types of organizational structure and strategies that will support their operational activities and strategies. With these structures and strategies in place Nigerian populace will be better served with more of
iii. the software products in every part of the country.
iv. Academics would be able to use the gaps identified for criticisms, and propound further concepts and theories in the areas of marketing Nigerian made products.
v. Marketing consultants and researchers would be opportune to understand the challenges facing the marketing of Nigerian made softwares, and possibly carry out further studies on it.
1.7 Scope/limitations of study
This work is an attempt to research into the problems and prospects of marketing made in Nigeria products with particular reference to computer softwares.
Internal and External factors impair marketing local products. This study is however, limited to marketing mix elements, product, price, promotion and place. The study focuses on Nigerian made softwares with the hope that the result of this work can be generalized to other locally manufactured products.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Marketing: A social and managerial process by which individuals and Groups obtain what they need and want through creating and exchanging products and value with others.
Perception: The way in which motivated individuals perceive a given situation that determines how precisely they will behave.
Value: Consumer’s estimate of the products overall capacity to satisfy his/her needs.
Market: Consists of all the potential customers sharing a particular need or want who might be willing and able o engage in exchange to satisfy that need of want.
Software: is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer's processor to perform specific operations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INTERNAL AUDITING AND EFFECTIVE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC SECTOR (A Study of Power Holding Company of Nigeria, (PHCN) Uyo District, AKS)» ABSTRACT The research sought to ascertain the impact the internal auditing and effective management of finance in a public sector (government establis...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY Commercial banks play an important role in economic development of developing countries. Economic de...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Macroeconomic policy consists of the actions aimed at inducing appropriate changes in macroeconom...Continue Reading »
» Definition of AuditAudit has been defined in various ways but with little variations. According to Benin (2001) in his dictionary of management, Vol. ...Continue Reading »
5. THE USE MANAGEMENT AUDIT AS A TOOL FOR ACHIEVING ORGANIZATIONAL OBJECTIVE (A STUDY OF EBONYI STATE TRANSPORT CORPORATION (EBOTRANS), ABAKALIKI)» ABSTRACT Management audit is an audit that evaluates the efficiency of management at all levels throughout an organization with a view to recommend im...Continue Reading »
6. BENEFIT OF BUDGETING AS A MANAGEMENT TOOL IN ORGANIZATION A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY LTD» ABSTRACTThe study examined the benefit of budgeting as a managerial tool in an organization, which focus on Nigeria Bottling Company Plc. The survey m...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECTIVE OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT IN MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF BETA GLASS PLC UGHELLI, DELTA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Inventory is one of the resources that are managed by business organization and it was first reco...Continue Reading »
8. MOTIVATIONAL TOOLS AND THE PRODUCTIVITY OF OFFICE PROFESSIONALS (A Survey of Selected Organization in Kaduna Metropolis)» ABSTRACT This study titled “Motivational tools and the Productivity of Office Professionals” a survey study of selected organization in Ka...Continue Reading »
9. INVESTIGATING WEIBULL DISTRIBUTION MODEL IN ASSESSING THE BEST COMPARATIVE MODEL THAT FITS BREAST CANCER DATA IN CLINICAL RESEARCH.» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Cancer is a potentially fatal disease caused mainly by environmental factors that mutate genes encoding critical cell reg...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to empirically assess how institutional field and internal organizational process factors determine sustainabili...Continue Reading »