Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
2. BACKGROUND OF STUDY
The issue of moral decadent in our society is a thing that is needed to be looked into. Many things have gone wrong, since no one sees the reason to be upright in action at all times, in all places and in all circumstances. The continuing degeneration of personal virtue among the world’s societies seems to be emerging as the single-most urgent issue of our time. Until recent years, churches had since deferred from their original roles in morality, though many outside the church continued political pressure to move churches either towards or away from a value oriented. This posse’s questions and ideas about the appropriate approach to learning of morality in the society today. (Oviawe, 2012). Oviawe, (2012) opined that moral and morale are polite, decent and appropriate way of portraying ourselves in our duties, home and society. It is a socially acceptable manner of life. It can also be referred to as the principle of right and wrong or decorum. Our parents and ancestors practices moral and morale to the core and had h9igh regards of them. They also handed them to us with diligence. At that time they paid particular attention to the manner of sitting, walking, talking, greeting, eating, principle of right and wrong, discipline and commitment in everything they did and the way they did it. They were conscientious about their duties, keeping to the rules and regulations related to them. They saw this as maintaining their own dignity and respect for themselves and others. They made sure that everybody was well brought up. BERKOWITZ, MARVIN W., and OSER, FRITZ, eds. (1985) opined that in the past our society had a high sense of respect, determination and diligence to work. Today the sense of awe, respect, determination, and diligence to work is gradually fading away. This they say is obvious in the way people do things carelessly. We are all aware of how much our society is bereaved of morality this day. There is no doubt that things are falling apart many people behave as if there is no need for decency and diligence for things that matter. Thee is an increase in moral, social and cultural decadence. Children seem to be losing their innocence. As a result so many young people and even children tend to become slaves to fashions and modern things that destroys them. They parade themselves with arrogance, cultism, vandalism, and great lack of morals. The youths and children are now like sheep without a shepherd. They can no longer concentrate or remain focused.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Everyone wants to be successful, everyone wants to be healthy, happy and rich, but most people are not willing to pay the price. Occasionally, they may be willing to pay part of the price, but they are not willing to pay the whole price. They always have some excuses or rationalizations to not discipline themselves to do everything that they need to do to achieve their goal.
The problem in our society today is the high moral decadence in the society, as the churches, parents and tutors etc have failed in their role of moral education. Hence this study intends to investigate the proliferation of churches in Nigeria and increase in moral decadence in the society.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to examine the extent to which moral decadence have eaten deep into our Nigeria society today. And to proffer some solutions on how the problems of moral decadence can be reduced.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Does lack of moral education a cause of moral decadence?
2. Does lack of parental care a cause of moral decadence?
3. Does discipline in churches a means of eradicating moral decadence?
4. Is high rate of divorce in Nigeria a cause of moral decadence?
5. Does truancy in school a cause of moral decadence?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: Lack of parental care has no significant effect on the moral decadence in Nigeria
H1: Lack of parental care has significant effect on the moral decadence in Nigeria
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research is important because it teaches us the relationship between church and morality. It will serve as a documents that can be referred to in order to clear some doubt about the issue of moral decadence.
It will serve as documents that will enlighten the Christian leaders on the need to embark on teaching of morality in churches.
Finally, the study will also enlighten the public on the causes of moral decadence and how to find a lasting solutions to such a problem.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is designed to investigate into the proliferation of church in Nigeria and increase in moral decadence in the society. The study is restricted to the Nigeria society
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Christianity: Religion: Church: Belief: Value
Berterns( 2002) in YR Adinda's (2014) Moral, Value and Moral Value. repository.usu.ac.id/bitstresm/123456789/41937/4/chapter%2011.pdf(retrieved on 3/7/16) Blackburn, L R (2010) Why the Church Library Is Still
Relevanthttp://www.christianitytoday.com/le/2010/augustonlineonly/churchlibraryrelevant.html?p aging=off. Accessed 08-08-2015 Ejizu, C. I. (2008). Between Religion and Morality: Their Interconnection and Significance in Public Life (An Inaugural Lecture). Port Harcourt: University of Port Harcourt Press Gray, D. (2006). The Roman Catholic Diocesan Information Management Enterprise: A Model for Diocesan Archives-Records Management/Library Programs. Catholic Library World, 77(1), pp33-37. Guerrini, M and G. Frigimelica (2009) Libraries in Italy: a brief overview IFLA Journal, June 2009; vol. 35, 2: pp. 94-116. Iheanacho, Ngozi N (2009) A Critical Look at Contemporary Nigerian Christianity International Journal of Theology and Reformed Tradition. Volume 1, 2009 ISSN: 2141-8179. pp 104 - 118 Library (2014). Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Ultimate Reference Suite. Chicago: Encyclopædia Britannica. McCrank, L. J. (1989). Libraries. In J. R. Strayer (Ed.), Dictionary of the Middle Ages. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons. Norris, T (2015) The church library: a discipleship ministry. Digital Ministry School http://digitalministryschool.com/author/tiffanydavisnorris/ Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary, International Students Edition (2010) P. 1435 Pontifical Commission for the Cultural Heritage of the Church (1994) Circular Letter: The Ecclesiastical libraries in the mission of the Church. Vatican City, 1994. http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_commissions/pcchc/documents/rc_com_pcchc_199403 19_biblioteche-ecclesiastiche_en.html Scheer, Gladys E (1973) The church library;: Tips and tools. Bethany Press Tanner, T. M. (1979) A History of Early Christian Libraries from Jesus to Jerome. The Journal of Library History, Vol. 14, No. 4 (Fall, 1979), pp. 407-435. Published by: University of Texas Press: http://www.jstor.org/stable/25541013 Accessed: 03-11-2015 Websters's New Encyclopedic Dictionary (2002) pp625 Weise, F. (2004). Being there: the library as place. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 92(1), 6–13. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC314099/pdf/i0025-7338-092-01-0006.p World book Dictionary (2009) pp2017
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR THEOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF THE CHURCH IN ENSURING PEACE AND HARMONY IN THE SOCIETY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The Christian tradition has made significant contributions to world peace at a number of differen...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 50 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | THEOLOGY DEPARTMENT
2. CHRISTIAN PARTICIPATION IN POLITICS: A MORAL CONCERN IN CONTEMPORARY NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigerian Christianity dates back to the abolition of the trans Atlantic slave trade in the early ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 68 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | THEOLOGY DEPARTMENT
3. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF CHINUA ACHEBE'S EARLY AND CONTEMPORARY LITERARY WORKS. THE STYLISTICS OF ARROW OF GOD AND ANTHILLS OF SAVANNAH AS A CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION There is no denying the fact that time, place and the linguistic environment that generate a text determine, to a very la...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 52 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | THEOLOGY DEPARTMENT
4. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE CONCEPT OF PRIESTHOOD IN IGBO TRADITIONAL RELIGION AND CATHOLIC PRIESTHOOD» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The term Priesthood is one of the oldest institutions of mankind all over the world. The reason is certainly associated w...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 52 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | THEOLOGY DEPARTMENT
5. THE THREATS TO SUSTAINABLE PEACE IN NIGERIA; THE ROLE OF THE CHURCH» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The political uncertainty, conflicts and turbulence in Nigeria poses serious concerns for the cit...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 63 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | THEOLOGY DEPARTMENT
6. YOUTH LIFE STYLE AND CHURCH GROWTH» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Church Growth is a movement within evangelical Christianity which focuses on developing methods t...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 55 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | THEOLOGY DEPARTMENT
7. THE EFFECT OF DENOMINATIONAL PRACTICES ON THE GROWTH OF THE CHURCH» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Christianity in Nigeria dates back to the 16th century when the Portuguese introduced Latin Chris...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 54 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | THEOLOGY DEPARTMENT
8. THE IMPACT OF PERSISTENT VIOLENCE ON THE CHURCH IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1s BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria is fully populated by the followers or believers of Islam, Christianity and African Trad...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 73 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | THEOLOGY DEPARTMENT
9. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE EFFECTIVENESS OF FAITH IN THE LIFE OF A CHRISTIAN IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The New Testament authors emphasize unremittingly that the key to genuine human flourishing is fa...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 59 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | THEOLOGY DEPARTMENT
10. CHURCH PLANTING IN NIGERIA: ISSUES AND PROSPECTS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Christianity in Nigeria which has led to planting of churches dates back to the 16th century when...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 66 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | THEOLOGY DEPARTMENT