Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
The study examined the role of Human Rights institutions in the country in addressing the problem of child abuse.
The objective of this study is causes, types and effects of child abuse on the child, the family and the nation. The work is meant to draw closer attention on this increasing scourge and access measures of addressing to preserve the fundamental human rights of the child as entrenched under the Nigeria Child Right Act.
In the study, the researcher defined what child abuse is; the various forms of child abuse, and also identified some of the causes and consequences of child abuse as a reflection of the societal problem and its impact on the life of the child. The study also evaluated the extent of damages it does to the abused child and the Nigerian society. In order to gather relevant data and information on the subject matter, the researcher used the questionnaire as data collection instrument, which was administered on 200 respondents within the FCT which is the limit of the scope of the study. A self constructed questionnaire titled Child Abuse Questionnaire (CAQ) was administered on the students after validation. The instrument has construct validity co-efficient of 0.756 and reliability co-efficient of 0.95. The statistical technique that was used to analyse the data collected was Chi-Square distribution test. The result of the analysis showed that there was a significant relationship between poverty and economic deprivation and child abuse in Nigeria. Also the study revealed that child abuse is still very prevalent in Nigeria and also that religious and cultural influences contribute to child abuse in Nigeria.
The result revealed that the Rights institutions are not doing enough to arrest the problem of child abuse and that the child right act is not working in Nigeria.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN APPRAISAL OF THE CONCEPT AND PRACTICE OF ECONOMIC INTEGRATION UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW: A CASE STUDY OF ECOWAS» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The concept and practice of economic integration between or among states has an old histo...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT One of the defences open to an accused which may exculpate or mitigate him from criminal liability is provocation. The law recognizes that hu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The companies and Allied Matters Act was enacted in 1990 and before this time, both the statute and the common law did not accord to the stat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION MEANING AND SCOPE, FORMATION, HISTORICAL BACKGROUND AND BASIS OF LIABILITY. 1.1 Meaning and Scope of Contract of Employment T...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.2 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This research work is based on the premise of discovering what the practices of land registration...Continue Reading »
» This dissertation employs the doctrinal method of research to appraise the doctrine of Self defence as one of the fundamental principles of Internatio...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The fact that the judiciary remains the bastion of hope not just for the common man but also for the high and mighty in a society, makes judi...Continue Reading »
8. APPRAISAL OF THE SECURITY COUNCIL AS MACHINERY FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF INTERNATIONAL PEACE AND SECURITY UNDER THE UN» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study During the twentieth century, the human race experienced two world wars. These wars left ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Every human being is faced with the possibility that one or more of the hazards which form part of life will sooner or later befall him and w...Continue Reading »
10. CRITICAL ANALYSIS ON THE RIGHT OF CHILDREN TO EDUCATION UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW: A CASE STUDY ON NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The importance of children education in any given society is very critical to the social and economic development of that society particularl...Continue Reading »