Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
The study examined the role of Human Rights institutions in the country in addressing the problem of child abuse.
The objective of this study is causes, types and effects of child abuse on the child, the family and the nation. The work is meant to draw closer attention on this increasing scourge and access measures of addressing to preserve the fundamental human rights of the child as entrenched under the Nigeria Child Right Act.
In the study, the researcher defined what child abuse is; the various forms of child abuse, and also identified some of the causes and consequences of child abuse as a reflection of the societal problem and its impact on the life of the child. The study also evaluated the extent of damages it does to the abused child and the Nigerian society. In order to gather relevant data and information on the subject matter, the researcher used the questionnaire as data collection instrument, which was administered on 200 respondents within the FCT which is the limit of the scope of the study. A self constructed questionnaire titled Child Abuse Questionnaire (CAQ) was administered on the students after validation. The instrument has construct validity co-efficient of 0.756 and reliability co-efficient of 0.95. The statistical technique that was used to analyse the data collected was Chi-Square distribution test. The result of the analysis showed that there was a significant relationship between poverty and economic deprivation and child abuse in Nigeria. Also the study revealed that child abuse is still very prevalent in Nigeria and also that religious and cultural influences contribute to child abuse in Nigeria.
The result revealed that the Rights institutions are not doing enough to arrest the problem of child abuse and that the child right act is not working in Nigeria.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The fundamental target of both Islamic law of war and international Humanitarian law is to protect the Rights and Persons of both combatants ...Continue Reading »
2. AN APPRAISAL OF LEGAL AND INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK FOR BROADCASTING INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMMISSION (NBC)» ABSTRACT Broadcasting Organisations are not perceived as watch dogs of the society promoting transparency, accountability and good governance for soci...Continue Reading »
» Abstract A cardinal principle of admissibility of evidence under the Nigerian law of evidence is that for any evidence to be admissible, it has to be ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project set out to examine the compensation of oil spill victims in the Nigerian oil industry. The compensation of these victims has bec...Continue Reading »
5. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE ROLE OF LAW IN THE PROTECTION AND PROMOTION OF RIGHTS OF CHILDREN LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT In Nigeria since the first case of HIV/AIDS was reported in 1986, HIV prevalence has increase significantly. This increase has become very wo...Continue Reading »
6. WRONGFUL TERMINATION OF CONTRACTS OF EMPLOYMENT IN NIGERIA: A CASE FOR REINSTATEMENT OF PRIVATE EMPLOYEES» CHAPTER ONE CONTRA...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (IP) LAW IN THE GROWTH OF SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES (SMES) IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This research entitled: “The Role of Intellectual Property (IP) Law in the Growth of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Nigeria&rdq...Continue Reading »
8. AN APPRAISAL OF THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK FOR INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION UNDER THE LAW OF ARMED CONFLICT» ABSTRACT The effect of war has far gone beyond human suffering. Armed conflict has devastating effect on the environment. It is on record that some ba...Continue Reading »
9. CRITIQUE OF UNITED NATIONS SANCTIONS AS AN EFFECTIVE MEANS OF ENSURING INTERNATIONAL PEACE AND SECURITY» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The history of international law is a chronicle of attempts by members of the internation...Continue Reading »
10. AWARENESS AND EXTENT OF INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT LAWS AMONG UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS IN AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The capacity and ability to think critically, logically and analytically as well as generate nove...Continue Reading »