Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
The study examined the role of Human Rights institutions in the country in addressing the problem of child abuse.
The objective of this study is causes, types and effects of child abuse on the child, the family and the nation. The work is meant to draw closer attention on this increasing scourge and access measures of addressing to preserve the fundamental human rights of the child as entrenched under the Nigeria Child Right Act.
In the study, the researcher defined what child abuse is; the various forms of child abuse, and also identified some of the causes and consequences of child abuse as a reflection of the societal problem and its impact on the life of the child. The study also evaluated the extent of damages it does to the abused child and the Nigerian society. In order to gather relevant data and information on the subject matter, the researcher used the questionnaire as data collection instrument, which was administered on 200 respondents within the FCT which is the limit of the scope of the study. A self constructed questionnaire titled Child Abuse Questionnaire (CAQ) was administered on the students after validation. The instrument has construct validity co-efficient of 0.756 and reliability co-efficient of 0.95. The statistical technique that was used to analyse the data collected was Chi-Square distribution test. The result of the analysis showed that there was a significant relationship between poverty and economic deprivation and child abuse in Nigeria. Also the study revealed that child abuse is still very prevalent in Nigeria and also that religious and cultural influences contribute to child abuse in Nigeria.
The result revealed that the Rights institutions are not doing enough to arrest the problem of child abuse and that the child right act is not working in Nigeria.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The imposition, collection and administration of income tax in Nigeria are basically statutory, which had undergone significant reforms with ...Continue Reading »
2. REVOCATION OF RIGHTS OF OCCUPANCY AND THE ISSUE OF COMPENSATION UNDER THE LAND USE ACT, 1978: AN APPRAISAL» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration ii Certification Page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Contents vi Table of Cases ix Table of S...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Customary law is an important source of Nigerian law. Its influence on the Nigerian legal system is enormous. It is indigenous and reflects o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT One of the goals of Nigeria Agricultural Development policy is to achieve for the nation enough food sufficient for the consumption and utter...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The procedural aspect of the law is generally provided in the various Rules of Court which are applied from the Magistrates’ Courts to the ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Home ownership has been a problem to many people in Nigeria. This is the more reason why efforts are being made from all quarters to alleviat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background of the Study The marriage is legally or officially recognized (matrimonium iure aurum officiellement reconnu) a ma...Continue Reading »
8. AN APPRAISAL OF RECOGNITION AND ENFORCEMENT OF ARBITRAL AWARDS BY THE INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR SETTLEMENT OF INVESTMENT DISPUTES (ICSID) IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Nigeria is in a continuous quest to attract foreign direct investment (FDI) in order to support and sustain a decent economic growth. These f...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION An adverse admission relevant to the issues of guilt in a criminal case is known at Common Law as confession, and the sam...Continue Reading »
10. AN ANALYSIS OF UNITED NATIONS CONVENTIONS ON PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF NARCOTIC DRUGS AND PSYCHOTROPIC SUBSTANCES: A CASE STUDY OF DOMESTIC IMPLEMENT...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study As the fear of the holocaust of a world war due to ideological differences subsides; ...Continue Reading »