Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 148 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Job effectiveness of academic librarians in today’s information age is important as they are expected to be the vanguard of acquiring, processing, storing and disseminating information to users. It is of utmost importance for academic librarians to provide quality information to support teaching, learning, research and community service. However, the general opinion among professional members and studies revealed low level of job effectiveness of librarians which could be due to certain factors in their work environment like leadership style and organizational culture. The study investigated the extent to which leadership style and organizational culture influenced job effectiveness of librarians in universities in South-West, Nigeria.
The study adopted the survey research design. Population of study consisted of 373 librarians from 35 university libraries in South-West, Nigeria. Total enumeration was used. A validated questionnaire was used as the instrument for data collection. The Cronbach’s alpha reliability coefficients for each of the variables ranged from 0.96 to 0.98. Response rate was 80.96%. Data analysis was done using correlation and multiple regression.
The findings showed that Leadership style in terms of transformational, transactional and laissez-faire had a significant positive relationship with job effectiveness (r = .704, p < .05). Organizational culture in terms of involvement, mission, consistency and adaptability had a significant positive relationship with job effectiveness (r = .771, p < .05). Leadership style and organizational culture had a positive and significant combined influence on job effectiveness of librarians in universities in South-West, Nigeria (Adj. R2 = .628, F (2,299) = 254.761, p < .05).
The study concluded that a substantial relationship existed between leadership style and job effectiveness. There was also a substantial relationship between organizational culture and job effectiveness. The study recommended that university librarians should use a leadership style that encourages effective performance from academic librarians at any given time. University management and university librarians should always provide enabling corporate environment that encourages job effectiveness. University librarians should provide enabling environment that would encourage adaptability in organizational culture.
Keywords: Leadership style, Organizational culture, Job effectiveness, Academic librarians,
South –West, Nigeria.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) LITERACY SKILLS LEVEL OF STAFF OF NATIONAL LIBRARY OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was undertaken to find out the information and communication technology literacy skills level of staff of National library of Nati...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF ICT IN THE OF REFERENCE SERVICES TO LIBRARY USERS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE LIBRARY)» ABSTRACTThis research work is on the role of information and communication technology (ICT) in the provision of reference service in public library us...Continue Reading »
3. A CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE APPLICATION OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN NIGERIAN INDUSTRIES(A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES)» ABSTRACT This research work is aimed at identifying the level and usage of Information Communication Technology in Nigerian industries. The sole aim o...Continue Reading »
4. BOOK EXHIBITION AS A MARKETING STRATEGY FOR LIBRARY SERVICES IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN NORTH – EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This research work investigated book exhibition as a marketing strategy for improving library services in three academic libraries. A descrip...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Libraries are institutions set up to cater for the educational, cultural, research, recreational ...Continue Reading »
6. DEMOGRAPHIC CHARACTERISTICS AND INDIGENOUS KNOWLEDGE SHARING PRACTICES AMONG TRADO-MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS IN IJEBU NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF OGUN ...» ABSTRACT Indigenous knowledge sharing practice is a common practice among the elderly in rural communities in Nigeria. The rate at which western educa...Continue Reading »
7. INFORMATION NEED AND INFORMATION SEEKING BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE LIBRARY BOARD OWERRI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY IMPORTANCE OF INFORMATION The researcher would want to begin this work with a survey of the impo...Continue Reading »
8. AWARENESS, USE AND USERS’ SATISFACTION WITH LIBRARY E-RESOURCES BY UNDERGRADUATES OF NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, LAGOS STUDY CENTRE» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to ascertain awareness, use and users’ satisfaction of library electronic resources by undergraduates of Nat...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the extent of librarians’ motivation in public libraries in South east geopolitical zone of Nigeria, comprising...Continue Reading »
10. ACCESSIBILITY, USE OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES AND RESEARCH OUTPUT OF LIBRARIANS IN UNIVERSITIES IN EKITI, ONDO AND OSUN STATES, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The accessibility of electronic information resources enhances librarians research output by providing various information needed for researc...Continue Reading »