Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 148 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Job effectiveness of academic librarians in today’s information age is important as they are expected to be the vanguard of acquiring, processing, storing and disseminating information to users. It is of utmost importance for academic librarians to provide quality information to support teaching, learning, research and community service. However, the general opinion among professional members and studies revealed low level of job effectiveness of librarians which could be due to certain factors in their work environment like leadership style and organizational culture. The study investigated the extent to which leadership style and organizational culture influenced job effectiveness of librarians in universities in South-West, Nigeria.
The study adopted the survey research design. Population of study consisted of 373 librarians from 35 university libraries in South-West, Nigeria. Total enumeration was used. A validated questionnaire was used as the instrument for data collection. The Cronbach’s alpha reliability coefficients for each of the variables ranged from 0.96 to 0.98. Response rate was 80.96%. Data analysis was done using correlation and multiple regression.
The findings showed that Leadership style in terms of transformational, transactional and laissez-faire had a significant positive relationship with job effectiveness (r = .704, p < .05). Organizational culture in terms of involvement, mission, consistency and adaptability had a significant positive relationship with job effectiveness (r = .771, p < .05). Leadership style and organizational culture had a positive and significant combined influence on job effectiveness of librarians in universities in South-West, Nigeria (Adj. R2 = .628, F (2,299) = 254.761, p < .05).
The study concluded that a substantial relationship existed between leadership style and job effectiveness. There was also a substantial relationship between organizational culture and job effectiveness. The study recommended that university librarians should use a leadership style that encourages effective performance from academic librarians at any given time. University management and university librarians should always provide enabling corporate environment that encourages job effectiveness. University librarians should provide enabling environment that would encourage adaptability in organizational culture.
Keywords: Leadership style, Organizational culture, Job effectiveness, Academic librarians,
South –West, Nigeria.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study Library resources are very important in the libraries and also in the college libraries. It plays a v...Continue Reading »
2. ATTITUDE OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS TOWARDS THE ACADEMIC USE OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES IN TWO FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES IN ENUGU AND ANAMBRA STATE...» ABSTRACT This study examined the attitude of undergraduate students towards academic use of electronic information resources in two federal universiti...Continue Reading »
3. LEADERSHIP STYLE, EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE, EMPOWERMENT AND TURNOVER INTENTIONS OF LIBRARIANS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH-WEST AND SOUTH-SOUTH, N...» ABSTRACT Digital revolution has brought about employee mobility resulting in increased turnover intentions which is now regarded as a global challenge...Continue Reading »
4. INFORMATION LITERACY COMPETENCE AND USE OF INFORMATION RESOURCES BY MEDICAL STUDENTS IN TWO UNIVERSITIES IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Information literacy competency has become inevitable especially with the rapid growth of information resources and advancement in technology...Continue Reading »
5. LEADERSHIP STYLE, EMPLOYEE TRUST, INFORMATION CULTURE AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF STOCKBROKING FIRMS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Stockbroking firms play a fundamental role in a country’s capital market system. The performance of stockbroking firms is generally perceiv...Continue Reading »
6. RECORDS MANAGEMENT PRACTICES, COMPUTER LITERACY SKILLS AND JOB PERFORMANCE OF REGISTRY STAFF OF UNIVERSITIES IN OGUN STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Best records management practices and computer literacy skills promote job performance of university registry staff through the records they ...Continue Reading »
7. ICT SKILLS, INFORMATION LITERACY AND USE OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES BY STUDENTS OF NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY IN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The use of Electronic Information Resources (EIRs) has become inevitable for higher education students in the digital age, given the volume o...Continue Reading »
8. BIBLIOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH REPORTS IN LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT The research study is a Bibliometrics analysis of post graduate research report in Library and Information Science in Nigerian universities, ...Continue Reading »
9. THE CLASSIFICATION AND KNOWLEDGE DEVELOPMENT BY TECHNICAL LIBRARIANS IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN ANAMBRA STATE.» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this work was to investigation classification and knowledge development by technical librarians in academic libraries in...Continue Reading »
10. INFLUENCE OF ICT LITERACY SKILLS ON ITS APPLICATION FOR LIBRARY USE AMONG ACADEMIC LIBRARIANS IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study investigated the influence of ICT literacy on its application for library services by academic librarians. The study was guided by ...Continue Reading »