Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 148 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Job effectiveness of academic librarians in today’s information age is important as they are expected to be the vanguard of acquiring, processing, storing and disseminating information to users. It is of utmost importance for academic librarians to provide quality information to support teaching, learning, research and community service. However, the general opinion among professional members and studies revealed low level of job effectiveness of librarians which could be due to certain factors in their work environment like leadership style and organizational culture. The study investigated the extent to which leadership style and organizational culture influenced job effectiveness of librarians in universities in South-West, Nigeria.
The study adopted the survey research design. Population of study consisted of 373 librarians from 35 university libraries in South-West, Nigeria. Total enumeration was used. A validated questionnaire was used as the instrument for data collection. The Cronbach’s alpha reliability coefficients for each of the variables ranged from 0.96 to 0.98. Response rate was 80.96%. Data analysis was done using correlation and multiple regression.
The findings showed that Leadership style in terms of transformational, transactional and laissez-faire had a significant positive relationship with job effectiveness (r = .704, p < .05). Organizational culture in terms of involvement, mission, consistency and adaptability had a significant positive relationship with job effectiveness (r = .771, p < .05). Leadership style and organizational culture had a positive and significant combined influence on job effectiveness of librarians in universities in South-West, Nigeria (Adj. R2 = .628, F (2,299) = 254.761, p < .05).
The study concluded that a substantial relationship existed between leadership style and job effectiveness. There was also a substantial relationship between organizational culture and job effectiveness. The study recommended that university librarians should use a leadership style that encourages effective performance from academic librarians at any given time. University management and university librarians should always provide enabling corporate environment that encourages job effectiveness. University librarians should provide enabling environment that would encourage adaptability in organizational culture.
Keywords: Leadership style, Organizational culture, Job effectiveness, Academic librarians,
South –West, Nigeria.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. LEADERSHIP STYLE, EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE, EMPOWERMENT AND TURNOVER INTENTIONS OF LIBRARIANS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH-WEST AND SOUTH-SOUTH, N...» ABSTRACT Digital revolution has brought about employee mobility resulting in increased turnover intentions which is now regarded as a global challenge...Continue Reading »
182 pages | 145 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
2. HEALTH INFORMATION RIGHTS AWARENESS, PERCEIVED STIGMATIZATION, PERSONAL FACTORS AND WILLINGNESS TO USE MENTAL HEALTHCARE SERVICES AMONG LIBRARIANS IN ...» ABSTRACT Mental health is a desirable state globally and a requirement for optimum performance in any area of human endeavour. Studies have shown that...Continue Reading »
137 pages | 307 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
3. BIBLIOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH REPORTS IN LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT The research study is a Bibliometrics analysis of post graduate research report in Library and Information Science in Nigerian universities, ...Continue Reading »
231 pages | 501 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the staff needs and training programmes of the National Library of Nigeria in the information age. Six research quest...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 483 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the extent of librarians’ motivation in public libraries in South east geopolitical zone of Nigeria, comprising...Continue Reading »
120 pages | 553 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
6. LECTURERS’ ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES RETRIEVAL SKILLS, USE, AND TEACHING EFFECTIVENESS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN MONROVIA, LIBERIA» ABSTRACT Lecturers are expected to use Electronic Information Resources (EIR) to improve their research and teaching. However, it is not certain if pr...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 388 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. INFORMATION LITERACY SKILLS, COMPUTER SELF-EFFICACY AND E-RESOURCES USE BY POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIESIN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The introduction of new technologies has had a significant influence on teaching, learning and research activities in universities. This has ...Continue Reading »
167 pages | 144 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. APPLICATION OF MARKEDNESS ON JUKUN WORD ORDER. IMPLICATIONS ON THE JUKUN SECOND LANGUAGE LEARNER.» Chapter One INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Markedness theory holds that certain elements in the linguistic system have an interrelationship ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 143 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study aims at finding the information retrieval system is basically a system that stores records in a file for data relevant to each req...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 459 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study was designed to determine disaster management in academic libraries in Plateau State. The study was guided by five research questi...Continue Reading »
101 pages | 151 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE