The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 148 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
Job effectiveness of academic librarians in today’s information age is important as they are expected to be the vanguard of acquiring, processing, storing and disseminating information to users. It is of utmost importance for academic librarians to provide quality information to support teaching, learning, research and community service. However, the general opinion among professional members and studies revealed low level of job effectiveness of librarians which could be due to certain factors in their work environment like leadership style and organizational culture. The study investigated the extent to which leadership style and organizational culture influenced job effectiveness of librarians in universities in South-West, Nigeria.
The study adopted the survey research design. Population of study consisted of 373 librarians from 35 university libraries in South-West, Nigeria. Total enumeration was used. A validated questionnaire was used as the instrument for data collection. The Cronbach’s alpha reliability coefficients for each of the variables ranged from 0.96 to 0.98. Response rate was 80.96%. Data analysis was done using correlation and multiple regression.
The findings showed that Leadership style in terms of transformational, transactional and laissez-faire had a significant positive relationship with job effectiveness (r = .704, p < .05). Organizational culture in terms of involvement, mission, consistency and adaptability had a significant positive relationship with job effectiveness (r = .771, p < .05). Leadership style and organizational culture had a positive and significant combined influence on job effectiveness of librarians in universities in South-West, Nigeria (Adj. R2 = .628, F (2,299) = 254.761, p < .05).
The study concluded that a substantial relationship existed between leadership style and job effectiveness. There was also a substantial relationship between organizational culture and job effectiveness. The study recommended that university librarians should use a leadership style that encourages effective performance from academic librarians at any given time. University management and university librarians should always provide enabling corporate environment that encourages job effectiveness. University librarians should provide enabling environment that would encourage adaptability in organizational culture.
Keywords: Leadership style, Organizational culture, Job effectiveness, Academic librarians,
South –West, Nigeria.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE APPLICATION OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN NIGERIAN INDUSTRIES(A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES)» ABSTRACT This research work is aimed at identifying the level and usage of Information Communication Technology in Nigerian industries. The sole aim o...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 52 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
2. KNOWLEDGE CREATION, TRANSFER AND PRODUCT INNOVATION IN AGRO-ALLIED FOOD COMPANIES IN ONDO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT It is generally accepted that the innovative activities of an organization depends strongly on her ability to create and transfer knowledge. ...Continue Reading »
119 pages | 9 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ...Continue Reading »
90 pages | 12 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
4. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) LITERACY SKILLS LEVEL OF STAFF OF NATIONAL LIBRARY OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was undertaken to find out the information and communication technology literacy skills level of staff of National library of Nati...Continue Reading »
90 pages | 10 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
5. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) USE FOR SCHOLARLY COMMUNICATION AMONG ACADEMICS IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the information and communication technology use for scholarly communication among academics in Nigeri...Continue Reading »
162 pages | 11 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
6. INFLUENCE OF PATIENT RECORDS MANAGEMENT PRACTICES, DISEASE SURVEILLANCE AND NOTIFICATION SYSTEMS ON EPIDEMIC CONTROL IN OSUN STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT An epidemic free environment enhances the health status of all citizens in the community. The passive disease surveillance and notification s...Continue Reading »
133 pages | 59 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. INFLUENCE OF INFORMATION DISSEMINATION ON THE ACHIEVEMENT OF MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS (MDGs) IN KOGI STATE, NIGERIA» ...Continue Reading »
88 pages | 8 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. BIBLIOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH REPORTS IN LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT The research study is a Bibliometrics analysis of post graduate research report in Library and Information Science in Nigerian universities, ...Continue Reading »
231 pages | 64 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Public Libraries are organizations established by governments to acquire, organize, store and disseminate information and knowledge to all pe...Continue Reading »
188 pages | 10 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» Abstract This study was designed to investigate the strategies for marketing library services in universities in South East Nigeria. The study employe...Continue Reading »
144 pages | 69 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE