Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 148 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Job effectiveness of academic librarians in today’s information age is important as they are expected to be the vanguard of acquiring, processing, storing and disseminating information to users. It is of utmost importance for academic librarians to provide quality information to support teaching, learning, research and community service. However, the general opinion among professional members and studies revealed low level of job effectiveness of librarians which could be due to certain factors in their work environment like leadership style and organizational culture. The study investigated the extent to which leadership style and organizational culture influenced job effectiveness of librarians in universities in South-West, Nigeria.
The study adopted the survey research design. Population of study consisted of 373 librarians from 35 university libraries in South-West, Nigeria. Total enumeration was used. A validated questionnaire was used as the instrument for data collection. The Cronbach’s alpha reliability coefficients for each of the variables ranged from 0.96 to 0.98. Response rate was 80.96%. Data analysis was done using correlation and multiple regression.
The findings showed that Leadership style in terms of transformational, transactional and laissez-faire had a significant positive relationship with job effectiveness (r = .704, p < .05). Organizational culture in terms of involvement, mission, consistency and adaptability had a significant positive relationship with job effectiveness (r = .771, p < .05). Leadership style and organizational culture had a positive and significant combined influence on job effectiveness of librarians in universities in South-West, Nigeria (Adj. R2 = .628, F (2,299) = 254.761, p < .05).
The study concluded that a substantial relationship existed between leadership style and job effectiveness. There was also a substantial relationship between organizational culture and job effectiveness. The study recommended that university librarians should use a leadership style that encourages effective performance from academic librarians at any given time. University management and university librarians should always provide enabling corporate environment that encourages job effectiveness. University librarians should provide enabling environment that would encourage adaptability in organizational culture.
Keywords: Leadership style, Organizational culture, Job effectiveness, Academic librarians,
South –West, Nigeria.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) USE FOR SCHOLARLY COMMUNICATION AMONG ACADEMICS IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the information and communication technology use for scholarly communication among academics in Nigeri...Continue Reading »
162 pages | 37 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study set out to examine disaster control measures in academic libraries in Nasarawa State of Nigeria. It was guided by five research qu...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 44 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
3. COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE WAY OF GENERATING INCOME IN NIGERIAN LIBRARIES (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO LIBRARY AND UYO E-LIBRARY)» ABSTRACT The study examines the issues and solutions of ethical hacking and cyber security in Nigerian telecommunication industry, the study has the f...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 70 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
4. STRATEGIES FOR GENERATING REVENUE FOR PUBLIC LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA( A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL LIBRARY KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Information and its effective and proper dissemination is a powerful force to reckon with in any ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 240 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
5. AN ASSESSMENT OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SERVICES TO USERS OF ACADEMIC LIBRARIES IN NASARAWA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study is an assessment of library and information services to users of academic libraries in Nasarawa state using descriptive survey met...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 94 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
6. INFORMATION LITERACY SKILLS, COMPUTER SELF-EFFICACY AND E-RESOURCES USE BY POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIESIN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The introduction of new technologies has had a significant influence on teaching, learning and research activities in universities. This has ...Continue Reading »
167 pages | 34 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. MEETING HEALTH INFORMATION NEEDS OF PEOPLE WITH HIV AND AIDS THROUGH PUBLIC LIBRARY SERVICES IN BENUE STATE» ABSTRACT The study is on meeting the health information needs of people living with HIV and AIDS through public library services in Benue State. Five ...Continue Reading »
152 pages | 46 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. INFORMATION BEHAVIOUR AND WORK EFFECTIVENESS OF PHYSICIANS IN SELECTED GOVERNMENT HOSPITALS IN EDO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Physicians, as health care providers, require information to effectively carry out their duties. They need relevant, accurate and up to date ...Continue Reading »
114 pages | 81 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
9. EFFECT OF DRAMA ON PUPILS’ INFORMATION ACQUISITION AND ATTITUDE TO SOCIAL ISSUES IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN NSUKKA URBAN IN NSUKKA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» Abstract The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of drama method of teaching on pupils’ information acquisition on and attitude to s...Continue Reading »
187 pages | 45 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
10. LEADERSHIP STYLE, ORGANISATIONAL CULTURE AND STAFF MOTIVATION AS CORRELATES OF JOB SATISFACTION AND TURNOVER INTENTION IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES...» ABSTRACT Human capital is a key success factor in any organisation. Dissatisfied and unhappy staff may not perform maximally, and this could affect an...Continue Reading »
184 pages | 109 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE