Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 75 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, .
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background To The Study
Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) as defined by the National Council of Industries (2009) refer to business enterprises whose total costs excluding land is not more than two hundred million naira (N200,000,000.00) only. Small scale businesses are those businesses which are independently owned and operated requiring limited capital with few employee and non-sophisticated technology and which is not dominant in its field of operation. Small businesses constitute those sole proprietorships, privately owned corporations, partnerships with fewer employees and less annual revenue than a regular-sized business or corporation. Types of small business include those engaged in trade and commercial activities, services, and small scale manufacturing .Examples include service or retail operations such as delicatessens, hairdressers or convenience stores, small grocery stores, bakeries tradespeople (e.g., carpenters, electricians), very small-scale manufacturing, and Internet-related businesses. Small business can be started with very minimal capital and without any formality .many small business are operated as family business and can be combined with regular employment. Personal selling is part of the promotional mix, and the role which it plays in a firm can easily be seen from its importance. Personal selling is an aspect of salesmanship, in which there is a direct face to face interaction between a seller and the buyer to effect exchange of facts for making buying decision.
It is through sales representatives that firms know the needs and wants of buyers in order to know what to produce. But it is not enough to produce goods and service that satisfy human wants but also the goods and services must be passed to the user for production to complete. This is where the personal selling strategies come in. The salesperson has to communicate to the buyer by persuading and creating awareness for the product to be desired. The product so advertised has all the potential to satisfy the need of the prospect more than competitive product in the market .This is because, personal selling is a face-to-face communication, which has the potential to convince the buyer and demonstrate the workability of the product in terms of its quality and features..
Personal selling enables marketers to make their presentation to fit the needs, wants, motives and behavior of individual customer. Personal selling is an effective tool used by organizations to receive the desired response from its customers and prospects. Effective personal selling includes effective communication, education of customers on product usage, problem solving stimulating and motivating and ultimately soliciting for favorable response. Most SMES must adopt personal selling as its number one promotional tool.
due to its traditional nature and cost effectiveness. The selling of products through personal selling enable the salesperson to convince the potential customer through face-to-face interaction and ensure that the potential customer like the company’s products and preference to other competing products and parts with his her money for the product. Håkan Håkansson & IMP Group. (1982).The research therefore seek to investigate Medium scale enterprises and salesmanship behavioral characteristics influence on business performance.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The management and operations of small business is confronted with some challenges which constitute the limitations hindering the growth of small business in Nigeria. Small business can be started with very minimal capital and without any formality .many small business are operated as family business and can be combined with regular employment. Some of that problem includes lack of huge capital to expand or take advantage of business opportunities .This also affect the salary of the salemen who may not be motivated to perform ultimately. Also the lack of managerial skill also affects the smooth and successful operation of small businesses. Lack of planning skill often leads many small businesses into failure. Poor decision making and improper accounting also constitute the problem confronted by Small businesses among other things.This combined together impedes on the performance of the salemen.The problem confronting the research is to determine. Medium scale enteprises and salemanship behavioural characteristics influence on business performance.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
To determine salesmanship behavioral characteristics influence on business performance of Medium scale enterprises
1.4 Research Questions
What is SMES and Salesmanship?
What is the effect of salesmanship behavioral characteristic on SMES business performance?
1.5 Significance of the Study
That study shall be used to appraise Medium scale enterprises and salesmanship behavioral characteristics influence on business performance.
1.6 Research Hypothesis
Ho Salesmanship behavioral characteristics influence on SMES business performance.is low
Hi Salesmanship behavioral characteristics influence on SMES business performance.is high
1.7 limitation of the study
The study was confronted by logistics and geographical constraints.
1.8 Definition of terms
Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) as defined by the National Council of Industries (2009) refer to business enterprises whose total costs excluding land is not more than two hundred million naira (N200,000,000.00) only
Salesmanship is seller-initiated effort that provides prospective buyers with information and motivates or persuades them to make favorable buying decisions concerning the seller’s products or service.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SME/ENTREPRENEURSHIP FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF SMALL SCALE INDUSTRIES ON THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF HARDIS AND DROMEDAS IN EMENE, ENUGU STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Experience has show that development countries in the world like USA, Canada, Germany, Spain and ...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF ELECTRICITY ON PERFORMNACE OF SMES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SMES IN ETI-OSA LGA)» ABSTRACT This study was centered on the impact of electricity on the performance of SMEs in Nigeria. The main objective of this study is to examine th...Continue Reading »
3. the effect of financial management practices on the profitability of small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) in Kwara state, Nigeria» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Small and medium enterprise (SMEs) are considered backbone of economic growth in all countries (R...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF BANK RECAPITALIZATION ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) play a vital role in the development of national economy. Due...Continue Reading »
5. IMPACT OF PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL AS A MANAGEMENT FUNCTION ON THE SURVIVAL OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This project is all about assessing the impact of planning and controlling as a management function on the sur...Continue Reading »
6. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU EAST SENATORIAL ZONE» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this study is to identify the problems and prospects of small and medium enterprise in Enugu East Senatorial Zone. To do ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In recent years, entrepreneurship education has been developing steadily but unevenly in most cou...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECT OF ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE BUSINESSES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY There is controversy that small and medium scale business in any country where they operate play important role i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE ESSAY The dynamic changes in the environment particularly as they affect the tastes and aspirations of ...Continue Reading »
10. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF STAFF TURNOVER INTENTION IN SELECTED MALE AND FEMALE HEADED SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES (SMES) IN ENUGU URBAN.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) have been recognized by development experts, governments and ...Continue Reading »