Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project attempt to analyze the impact of motivation on worker’s performance in an organization. Motivation is a way of encouraging workers to increase their productivity as assigned by the organization. Our study of impact on motivation and performance attempt to answer the way human behave and why workers decide to perform efficiently or withdraw or withhold their effort in workers motivation, individual or group of workers with their distinct needs have a particular way to develop a capacity for certain types of behaviour in an organization like local government education authority Dutsin-ma, each person ought to contribute something different, nevertheless all effort must be coordinated and appreciated to provide the service of the organization. Local education authority Dutsin-ma provide essential service to teaching staff in the field of education a service that seek to ensure efficient performance from those in the field. Each head of department/section ought to be guided by some also life principle, fairness, integrity and objectivity. To understand and justify this work, it is divided into five chapters. Chapter one deals with background knowledge, chapter two is on the literature while chapter three is on description and method of data used. Chapter four is an analysis and interpretation of data. While chapter five deals with summary, conclusion and recommendations.
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The need to motivate workers in an economy like our is the concern of manager of both private and public established. There is the need for managers to understand and accommodate various people that work in one organization for the purpose of increasing productivity and for them to induce personnel to do their job, the manager’s needs to understand different behaviours that workers exhibit in an organization.
The motivation of administration personnel of local education Authority, Dutsin – ma is not an exception as their performance behaviour is akin ti that up others organization in Nigeria.
It is this premises that we intend to take a look at the situation with a view if finding solution to them, or at least reduce the incidence of low productivity. It is also my hope that at the end of this exercise, the picture would be clearer in the area of motivation and increased productivity in the organization.
An organization is composed of people who interact at different levels toward achieving a certain goal. Management therefore creates and maintain an environment which individual work together in-group towards the accomplishment of the set objectives Fadeyi (1976).
The success of an organization is contingent on the performance or effective ness of workers in that organization. The management in that organization. The management has the responsibility to study how best to induce or motivate the employees to put in their best. This could be done through the management study, the organization adopts to increase productivity.
The management also ensures that the rate of staff turnover is highly reduced to the best barest minimum. This study revolves around the techniques of motivation employed by the management of Local Education Authority Dustin – ma and whether the techniques when properly planned and applied could increase productivity of such organization. Any organization that does not recognize the importance of motivation could hardly increase productivity and retain staff for quite long.
It is determination of this work of researcher to examine the various component of motivation, which are essential to establishing and sustaining productivity through effective performance, as workers are most valuable assets in an organization that is service oriented.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEM
There is hardly any organization that can progress without adequate motivation of its workers. The importance of motivation in any organization cannot be over emphasized.
A critical examination of our governmental organization and local organization for that matter reveal scale inadequacies. It is possible to immediately point the high degree of inadequacies – the cause and possible solution. The attitude of workers is generally negative and characterized by dissatisfaction, frustration, lack of interest and communication.
An individual group with this kind of unhealthy disposition cannot be in a position to voluntarily cooperate to the full extend of their ability in the interest of the organization. The aim of all organizations is to fully utilize its human resources to the fullest towards the attainment of it objective; such attitude to work is determine to the survival of any organization.
The question arises, how can we gain and sustain employee motivation for quality and productivity? Wayne (1989) state that “There has been a declines in the rate of Industrial Productivity both in private and public”.
Although government has continued to make efforts towards motivating its workers the recent nationwide strike shows that there is much to be desired. It is very difficult to say categorically that motivational effects fully meet the yearnings and aspiration of civil servants.
There is a need to handle workers to perform since their services are vital to the development of the society.
1.2 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The aims and objectives of the study research are as follows.
1) To understand how subordinates motivate subordinate to behave in a way that will move the organization towards its objectives.
2) To find out the motivational differences that exists among the various levels of management.
3) To find out the effects of motivation on the staff of Local Education Authority Dutsin - ma
4) The research is aimed at finding out the extend to which motivation in a work place increase or decrease productivity.
5) The research will offer useful suggestions on how to improve the work situation in an organization.
6) To enable further research into the organization with a view to increasing the level of productivity.
7) To serve as basis of research into other areas of interest in the organization
1.3 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
Employee productivity has been very low in the country. The problem appears to have become compounded due to continuous increase in workforce of both private and public sectors of the economy.
The situation is more worrisome in the public sector where employment of employee does not depend on rather reduction of unemployment and satisfaction of political desire.
The aim of any organization is to render services or make profits and the attitude of employees to work need to be continually studies as human beings are unpredictable.
The need for such studies was identified since the industrial relation by theorist in an attempt to improve workers condition towards increasing productivity.
The federal, state and local government spend millions Naira on staff salaries alone yearly, while the amount spend does not commiserate with output, there is need to check his imbalance.
Furthermore, employers are always kin to know how the cause of employees attitude and behaviour with a view to motivating them to sustain increased productivity. Through many theorists exist on motivation, most differ in what they implicitly suggest to administration to do in order to obtain effective performance from their employees. Effective performance from their employees.
Nigeria a peculiar problem arising from absenteeism, lateness to work and outright condiment from duties and this has affected productivity generally and the need to carry out studies that will lead to the performance of the organizational task cannot be exhaustive.
1.4 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
It is important to define the scope and limitation of this research work with respect to coverage and time dimension.
The reactions of such boundaries are usually necessary due to the problems posed by the organization of large data.
This study is therefore confirmed to impact of motivation on staff performance as it relates to administrative staff of Local Education Authority Dutsin – ma. Time and money has been the constraint in the exercise.
The time given for this research was too short to warrant intensive research work and financing of the work also contributes. The amount of money required will not be easily sourced.
Any attempt to estimate time and money make the exercise unattainable. It is hope that the study will serve as a representative sample to others local education authorities in Katsina state whose inductive finding will be generally applicable.
Finally other scholar will undertake similar researcher in the future to put the organization in its true perspective for the entire state
1.5 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
For clarity, the following terms are used in this study.
Motivation: This can be defined as an internal zeal, which activates ones behaviour towards achieving a goal others see motivation as a process of inducing an individual to perform a given task in order to achieve his as well as the organization objectives.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES AND STUDENT'S ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN UYO EDUCATION ZONE» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the Study Throughout the world, leaders in the society are asking evermore how can we improve the environment...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECTS OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON ACHIEVEMENT AND RETENTION OF BIOLOGY CONCEPTS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN DELTA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT This study investigated effects of instructional materials on the academic achievement and retention of SS 2 biology students in Delta State....Continue Reading »
3. SOCIOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVE OF SPOUSE BEHAVIOUR AND ITS EFFECTS ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYConsiderable researches such as Williams and Williams 2005, Simon 2006, Giddens 1998, and Beck 1992,...Continue Reading »
4. EXAMINATION OF PARENTAL ATTITUDES TOWARDS THE EDUCATION OF THE PHYSICALLY CHALLENGE CHILDREN IN ARGUNGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF KEBBI STATE.» ABSTRACT This research, is concern with the examination of parental attitudes towards the education of the physically challenged children in Argungu l...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES IN COMBATING CORRUPTION AMONG SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF JOS NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Christian religious studies is one among the religious subjects taught in secondary schools in N...Continue Reading »
6. APPLICATION OF AUDIO VISUAL AIDS IN TEACHING SOCIAL STUDIES IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN IGBO – EZE NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT This project work was undertaken to survey the use of audio visual aids in the teaching and learning of social studies in some selected secon...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF E-LEARNING ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF UNDERGRADUATES (Case Study: University Of Jos)» Abstract This study was designed to examine the impact of e learning on academic performance In University of Jos. To seek their opinion on the studen...Continue Reading »
8. THE INFLUENCE OF SMART PHONES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS STUDENT» Abstract The study investigated the influence of smart phones and social networking sites on the academic performance of secondary school students in ...Continue Reading »
9. IMPEDIMENTS TO THE EFFECTIVE LEARNING OF COMPUTER STUDIES IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN IKWO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study sought to investigate theimpediments to the effective learning of Computer Studies in junior secondary schools in Ikwo Local Gover...Continue Reading »
10. AN EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS OF THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT EXPENDITURE ON ECONOMIC GROWTH OF NIGERIA (1980–2011)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgment Abstract Table of Content Chapter One: Introduction 1.1 Background of ...Continue Reading »