Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 49 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Human trafficking as presently practiced is a recent addiction to the dictionary of global woes. Though rampant globally, corruption varies from region to region and country to country in its intensity. Human trafficking in contrasts tends to be systematic in its occurrence especially that its span increases as the globalization process intensifies. Though previously existence in forms such as prostitution, child contemporary human trafficking is an organized business. Women and children have been the victims of human trafficking for thousands of years.
This practice, going on throughout the centuries, finally became a political issue in the early 1900s. In 1902 the international agreement for the suppression of the while slave traffic was drafted out. Its purpose was to prevent the procreation of women and children for immoral purposes by (Asem, 2001). With the problem of human trafficking still growing in the middle of the country, the United Nations felt it is necessary to address the problem. This was done by the 1949 convention for the suppression of the traffic in person and of the exploitation of the prostitution of other which was retired by 49 countries around the world. The occurrence of human trafficking is not decreasing, million of women, men and children are still being kidnapped and transported from their homes, some are even sold by their families for meager amounts of money.
There are a number of common pattern for human trafficking around the world in many places, particularly developing nations, men and women are lured into good job in another country. Having no better option in his or her home country, they decided to move away unaware of the torture that lies ahead (Amnesty international 2004). Besides being lured with promises of a good job, there are other situation in which women receive false marriage proposals from men who plan to sell them into bondage. There are also instances when young girls are sold into the sex trade by their parents who are trying to earn some money.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The statement of this problem is to know what causes human trafficking in Nigeria one also to know their effect of human trafficking in Oredo Local Government Area to provide a suitable recommendation on the causes and effect of human trafficking in Nigeria in order to improve the standard of our economy and the people in the country. One of the major causes of human trafficking is poverty and economic constraints, in this area, the government must be able to provide jobs for the people and also to improve the standard of our economy, if the government can be able to do this, the rate of human trafficking will be reduced to its minimum level.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study include the causes and effect of human trafficking in Nigeria and to proffer a possible recommendations to this problem in OREDOLocal Government Area of Edo State for the people in the society to live a better standard of living in the country, and when there is a solution to this problem, our economy will improve faster or rapidly and create employment for people. For this purpose to be achieved in Egor, the government must be able to enforce laws and provide a suitable solutions to the causes and effect of human trafficking in Nigeria.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study is carried out for the people to benefit from the research work which are the government, individuals, students, market women’s, the local government area (Egor) where the research work is being carried out and also the teacher. The significance of this study is carried out in OREDO to proffer a recommendation on the causes and effect of human trafficking in Nigeria.
The researcher will attempt to test the following questions:
- Is poverty and economic constraint a major causes of human trafficking?
- Does h9igh illiteracy level bring about high human trafficking?
- Does high level of human trafficking hinder development?
- Does it bring about frustration among the youth in OREDO Local Government Area of Edo State?
- Does human trafficking lead to spread of diseases like HIV/AIDS?
SCOPE OF THE STUDY (DELIMITATION)
The scope of this study is to know the kind of people that are involved in human trafficking which are the youths, men and women, they are involved in this activities due to poverty, economic constraints, unemployment, lack of education etc. the scope covers the causes and effect of human trafficking among our youths in OREDOLGA of Edo State. Attention would be focused on the actual causes and effects of human trafficking problem as well as eradication of human trafficking will be suggested.
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This study is originally designed to discover all place within OREDOLocal Government Area but as a result of some limitations, the researcher might encountered the following problems, which are inadequate fiancé, its is very difficult for their researcher to carryout his work without finance, poor communication networks also make the researcher to find it difficult to carryout his research work in places where he ought or needed to carry out his research work, lack of cooperation also brings about limitation that hinders the researcher to carryout his research work.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Trafficking: The term trafficking means the movement of people from one country to another, this could be either women, child or human trafficking for the purpose of earning meager amount of money for their daily living
Human: This have to do with mankind as opposed to God or animals of persons having the qualities feelings.
Human trafficking: This is a process where individual are exploited for financial gains by other persons.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE LANGUAGE OF CHRISTIAN RELIGION: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND SOME SELECTED PENTECOSTAL DENOMINATIONS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The major objective of language is communication but the manner in which language communicates appears to be interlinked ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The main purpose of his study was to determine the impact of privatization and commercialization of the public enterprise. The research...Continue Reading »
3. AN APPRAISAL OF TAX STATUS OBLIGATIONS AND EXCEPTIONS OF A COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE, ESPECIALLY TERTIARY EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS» CHAPTER 1: GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1. INTRODUCTION Nigeria is a Federal Republic; therefore, the country’s legal system is based on the English Leg...Continue Reading »
4. A STUDY OF THE COMMON DIFFICULTIES ENCOUNTERED BY STUDENTS IN CHEMISTRY PRACTICAL CLASS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ABIA STATE (A CASE STUDY OF UMUAHIA NO...» TABLE OF CONTENTS CHAPTER ONE Background of the study Statement of the problem Research hypothesis Purpose of the study Significance of the study Scop...Continue Reading »
5. IMPLICATION OF BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF IMT ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1:1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Bribery and corruption have done much damage in this country. They are both cancerous and contagi...Continue Reading »
6. AN INVESTIGATION IN TO THE PROBLEM FACING TEACHERS IN TEACHING COMPUTER SCIENCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOL TODAY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The How fast the world has grown, from the days of the primitive man, to the days of the medieval...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN OF A MEANS FOR MANKIND MAKING WATER AVAILABLE IN THE STORAGE TANK FOR FUTURE USES SUCH AS DOMESTIC, INDUSTRIAL, AGRICULTURAL AND ECONOMIC PURPO...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND Akbar Zahdeh, water has become the most commercial products of the century. The stress on the multiple wat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY During the last two decades higher education institutions have invested heavily in information an...Continue Reading »
9. IMPLEMENTATION OF HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICIES IN CONSTRUCTION OF HIGH RISE BUILDING IN KADUNA METROPOLIS» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page Approval Page Declaration Dedication Acknowledgement Table of Contents Abstract List of Tables CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to establish the relationship between teachers’ attitude to work and pupils’ academic achievement. ...Continue Reading »