Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 93 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work is aimed at identifying the level and usage of Information Communication Technology in teaching Basic science in secondary schools. The sole aim of the study is to enhance teaching and learning using information communication technology which provides a safe and non-threatening ability of such students. The use for application of internet is worldwide which gives students immediate access to reach and source material. Difficult ideas are made more understandable when communication technology is applied to the teaching learning process. It is true that the efficiency of an institution depends largely on the impact of training reached by the different personnel’s in such organization. Students productivity is a crucial factor in the success of any institution of learning. This project is divided into five chapters; chapter one, introduces the topic containing general background, statement of problem, aims and objective, significance of the study, hypothesis and research methodology. Chapter two reviews related literature on the topic and various theories related Chapter to simplicity of teaching using information and Communication Technology. Chapter three deals with the description of how the study was carried out by researcher, and this include; the research design, population and sample, sampling technique, instrument for data collection-description and procedure for instrument development, procedure for data collection and method of data analysis. Chapter four analyzed the collected data. While chapter five, discussed the summary of the whole work, conclusion and recommendation.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In today’s world, the use of adoption of information technology (ICT) in teaching of Basic science in secondary schools could be helpful in the task of capacity building therefore; negative view in this direction could constitute a draw back to the achievement of our science and technology objectives (Adetula 2003).
The adoption and application of ICT Information and Communication Technology in teaching of Basic science in secondary schools has come to occupy an important place in the education sector and national development and indeed the development of the world. This is because it has not only ensured scientific and technological development but it has also opened up more learning opportunities, improved the techniques of teaching and production of materials which reduce time consumption and distance.
Because of the adoption of or use of information communication technology in teaching of Basic science in secondary schools today one can communicate in different ways, fully capable of communicating his or her findings from economical enquiry using power points, spread sheets to present graphs of data from around the world moreover, the evolution of technology can be traced from the earlier days of human existence, when our early ancestors learn the benefits of setting in one area to cultivate farm lands and grow foods rather than wonder from one place to the other. Settling down increase population which necessitate the investigation of tools to increase food production that was the beginning of technology advancement.
The computer is one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century which has contributed to the service of humanity through its capacity to automate the highly needed respective calculation earlier inventions have necessitated from the history of man existence, it is clear that there has been a continuous search for a way to reduce computational efforts primitive and mechanical tools to speed up calculation during the ear of predigital electronic computer.
The researcher observed that ICT is not effectively used in our classrooms situations; this is partly because most of the teachers are not computer literate, therefore making it difficult for them to operate ICT materials. The issue of power, which is needed to power the computers, is another problem affecting ICT application in the classrooms.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The use of Information Communication Technology in teaching Basic science in secondary schools, like any other devices is because of the ability or its capability to store large volumes of data, organize and analyze data accurately in other to produce quality information it has been the rapidly expanding trend. Could it be that there is a problem in the application of the ICT in Basic science classroom activities?
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of this work is to ascertain the current statues of ICT use in Basic science. Specific objectives of this work are as follows:
1. Access the extend to which some schools use information communication technology in teaching of Basic science in secondary schools and operational activities
2. Find out the advantages of the application or use of information communication technology to the teaching of Basic science in secondary schools
3. Identify problems in the use of ICT in teaching and learning situations
4. Recommend ways of using information communication technology in teaching Basic science in secondary schools effectively in order to promote the technique in teaching and learning for the growth of the Nigerian educational sector, most especially in secondary schools.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following research questions would guide the study
1. To what extend has Information Communication Technology has been used in teaching of Basic science in secondary schools and operational activities
2. What are the advantages of the application of Information Communication Technology in the teaching of Basic science in secondary schools?
3. What are the problems in the use of ICT in teaching and learning situations?
4. What are the ways in which the application of information communication technology can be used effectively, in order to promote the technique in teaching and leaning for the growth of the Nigeria educational sector?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
There is no significant differences in the performance of students who use information communication technology and those who do not.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The cardinal objective of carrying out this research is paramount with respect:
A. The teacher: The teacher will hopefully benefit from this study because it will help the teacher to get a better understanding of ICT and also how it can be used to teach the students effectively, thereby making teaching easier for the teacher
B. The administrators: Also this work or study will hopefully benefit the administrators, because it will make documentation easier for them instead of keeping documents in paper form, they can easily keep it in their computers and they can easily find it when they want to make use of it.
C. The students: This work or study will benefit the student hopefully because it will make it easy for the students to understand what the teacher is teaching, and also the students can also get more information in the internet thereby widening their knowledge.
1.7 THE SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The research is on the use of Information Communication Technology and its importance in teaching Basic science in secondary schools. The study is to enhance teaching and learning using Information Communication Technology which provides a safe and non-threatening environment for learning with the flexibility to meet individual needs and the ability of such students. The use or application of internet that is world wide web gives students immediate access to richer source of materials, difficult ideas are made more understandable when communication technology make them isib1e and effect the power of trying different ideas and take risks, encouraging analytical and divergent thinking (Hansell, 2002:149).
The work is limited in secondary schools within Jos North because of lack of time for the researcher to travel to other places of sources of data. And also lack of finance to enable the researcher to transport himself to other various places or cities in the country. However, care is taken to ensure that all data collected for this study are sufficient for the analysis.
1.8 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
The following term concepts may have other meaning but for the purpose of this study are giving operational definitions. ICT Information Communication Technology involves the use of computers and telecommunication devices for requiring processing, organizing, storing and distribution of various types of information used in many fields of human endeavors.
COMPUTER: An electrical device which processes data at a very great speed according to a program stored within the device.
CHIP: Silicon chip is a very thin piece of silicon or other semi-conductor materials. Only a few millimeters square on which all the components of a complete circuit (e.g. a radio, watch, calculator or computer).
CPU: Central processing unit is the part of the computer that controls and co-ordinates the operations of all the other part of the computer. It changes raw data (which is not useful or meaningful) to processed information.
E-MAILS: A system for transmitting messages and computer fuels electronically from one computer to another e.g. computer network over the internet in an office.
KEYBOARD: the part of computer that looks like a typewriter. It is used to input raw data into the computer.
MONITOR: The part of computer that looks like television. It displays raw data and processed information on the screen.
PROCESSING: The production of text using a computer application made for the input processing and retrieval of text.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS: Is the process that allows the transmission of available or visible information over long distance by means of electrical or electronic signals e.g. telephones, radio, TV, telegraph and fax data.
INTERNET OR E-MAIL SERVICES
A computer set to prepare the message
A telephone set for communication
A modem to convert signals from analog signal (telephone) to digital signals which the computer understands.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the influence of gender on the education of girl child in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of Edo State. 100 students ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Scholarships are award of financial aid to enable students in their academic pursuit and/or further t...Continue Reading »
3. MARITIME FRAUD: A DETRIMENTAL FACTOR TO THE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT Of THE NIGERIA MARITIME INDUSTRY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Today's international shipping involves people of many different nationalities with different law...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study The history of the 20th century is full of examples that demonstrate that violence resistance against...Continue Reading »
5. IMPACT OF SCHOOL FACILITIES ON STUDENT ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE: CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN IGARRA AKOKO EDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, E...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Educationist and other well meaning people have always maintained that education is the greatest lega...Continue Reading »
6. ATTITUDE OF EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY SOCIAL STUDIES UNDERGRADUATES TOWARDS USE OF FAMILY PLANNING DEVICES» ABSTRACT The study examined the attitude of Ebonyi State University undergraduates towards use of family planning devices with particular reference to...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Societies through ages have one form of education or the other, whether indigenous or western edu...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF REWARD AND PUNISHMENT ON STUDENT’S ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE.» ABSTRACT This project work is the role of reward and punishment on student’s academic performance in some selected secondary schools in Oredo lo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Accounting has been generically referred to as the language of business. It is an aid to trade and one of the foundations on ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Western education is a system originated from the west and penetrated to the world after Islamic ...Continue Reading »