Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 40 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the study
As the saying goes “Technology is the bedrock of any national development”. Education can be viewed as the tool or vehicle that can hasten up the development as well as the achievement of any programme and activity of any nation that has focus. This implies that any country devoid of education and especially not having a solid back up of a useful and functional technology may become backward, redundant, under developed and as such achieve no goals.
According to ED report on “the cost and effectiveness of educational technology”, it was stated that ‘through the use of advanced computing and telecommunications technology, learning can also be qualitatively different. The process of learning in the classroom can become significantly richer as students have access to new and different types of information, can manipulate it on the computer through graphic displays or controlled experiments in ways never before possible, and can communicate their results and conclusions in a variety of media to their teachers, students in the next classroom, or students around the world. For example, using technology, students can collect and graph real-time weather, environmental, and population’s data from their community use that data to create colour maps and graphs, and then compare these maps to others created by students in other communities. Similarly, instead of reading
about the human circulatory system and seeing textbook pictures depicting blood flow, students can use technology to see blood moving through veins and arteries, watch the process of oxygen entering the bloodstream, and experiment to understand the effects of increased pulse or cholesterol – filled on blood flow”
“We know now – based on decades of use in schools, on findings of hundreds of research studies, and on the everyday experiences of educators students, and their families – that, properly used, technology can enhance the achievement of all students, increase families involvement in their children’s schooling , improve teachers skills and knowledge and improve school administration and management.
Evidently the research so far has checked on how technology affects the school learning systems which can be related to student, teachers and so to say the entire management of the school system but not categorically stating the impact it made in developing the educational system which is now the major focus of this research work.
1.2 Statement of problem
The aim of this research work is to examine the impact of technology on educational development, therefore it is designed to find solution to questions such as
i. Is technology making impact on education?
ii. How does technology enhance student achievement
iii. How will students and teachers be impacted with the implementation of new technology?
iv. What will the community get out of technology changes?
v. Technology and education, what is the achievement so far?
1.3 Purpose of the study
As it has been earlier stated in the background study, it is a clear statement that education can not be separated from technology, they seems to go hand in hand to enhance any useful development. But as the saying goes “that the use is not clearly understood abuse is inevitable”. That makes this research work to focus to focus on the tope “Impact of Technology on educational development” so as to point the mind of people to the fact that it is never a waste using technology in education.
1.4 Significance of the study
With the daily changes sin the trend of technology which to some extent is making education a but complicated (so to say) and to some people some how expensive, it will not be appreciated by the populace if there’s no research works to bring out the value and worth of the contributions of technology to the developmental process of the entire educational system. With a better light shown on the contributions of technology on better education, the readers of this research work will understood and appreciate the fact that the better the advancement and the use of technology in our education system, the better the
development and the achievement of the goals of the entire educational system and the practices.
1.5 Scope of the study
The research work will cover work both inside as well as outside this country to back up the findings of the impact of technology on education. Focussing on Nigeria alone may not really give a broader view of what the research work seeks, since Nigeria seems not to have fully utilizes some of this technology as it ought to be with much light being shed on the impact of technology on education it may help the nation to take up the challenges of increasing the involvement of technology in our education system.
1.6 Methodology and data analysis.
The major method for collection of data for this long essay is through internet research and references to work done so for by other people.
1.7 Definition of terms
To remove ambiguities which may eventually leads to the misunderstanding of this research work, some terms as regard to this work will be defined as appropriate.
1. IMPACT – The effect or impression of one thing on another. The power of making a strong immediate impression. (www.free dictionary)
2. EDUCATION – Process of imparting or obtaining knowledge attitudes, skills or socially valued qualities of character or behaviour (www. Education)
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EXTENT OF THE USE OF AUDIOVISUAL MATERIAL IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF SOCIAL STUDIES IN ENUGU EAST» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUTION Teaching and learning activities are interesting when audio visual materials are used effectively and efficiently in a classro...Continue Reading »
2. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST STUDENTS COMMITMENT TO THE STUDY OF HISTORY; CASE STUDY UNIVERSITY OF BENIN» History is an important school subject which conveys invaluable lessons from the past and whose worth transcends regional, national and cultural bound...Continue Reading »
3. THE CAUSES, EFFECTS AND SOLUTION TO EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF ILAJE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» ABSTRACT This research project work aims the causes, effect and remedy to examination malpractice amongst secondary school students using Ilaje Local ...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF SELECTED FACTORS ON ADMINISTRATIVE EFFECTIVENESS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL PRINCIPALS IN DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Delta State has a large number of secondary schools to cater for the educational needs of eligibl...Continue Reading »
5. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN FOOD AND NUTRITION IN WAEC AND NECO» ABSTRACT This paper compares and examines the performance of secondary school students who were candidates in food and nutrition examinations of both ...Continue Reading »
6. THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF USING TEACHING AIDS IN THE TEACHING OF CHEMISTRY IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EDO STATE: A CASE STUDY OF OREDO...» ABSTRACT This study was to examine the problems and prospects of using teaching aids, which is reduced among students and people of Oredo Local Govern...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECTS OF COGNITIVE BEHAVIOUR AND SOCIAL LEARNING THERAPIES ON MANAGING ADOLESCENTS AGGRESSIVENESS IN SECONDARY SCHOOL» ABSTRACT The work Effects of cognitive behaviour and social learning therapies on managing adolescents aggressiveness in Secondary school is concerned...Continue Reading »
8. THE INFLUENCE OF UNTRAINED TEACHERS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO ST...» ABSTRACT The purpose of the research work is to find out the influence of untrained teachers on the academic performance of students in some selected ...Continue Reading »
9. PROSPECTS AND CHALLENGES OF E-LEARNING IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY EDUCATION USING NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AKURE STUDY CENTER» 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY E learning refers to the use of ICTs i.e. Information and Communication Technology to enhance and support teaching and lea...Continue Reading »
10. SURVEY OF CAUSES OF STUDENT’S DIFFICULTIES IN LEARNING ENGLISH LANGUAGE AMONG SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN WAMAKKO L.G.A OF SOKOTO STATE: IMP...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study This study is designed to look at causes of student’s difficulties in learning English lang...Continue Reading »