Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
It is undoubtedly true that man as almost complete dominion over all things on earth, yet he has remained subjected to physical, biological and social environmental problems which he created. Man has largely conquered or is on the way to conquering communicable diseases but in the process of liquidating vectors of diseases. He runs risk of upsetting the circle of nature to the extent that he endangers food supply, pollutes the water he drinks and the air he breaths.
Dokun Oyosola (1995) stressed that a quality environment is important for the promotion of man’s well being but in the process of man striving to control his environment. He has made his environment a greater threat to his health and life as a result of his technologies and industrial advancement. Thus, in the process of finding a better means of living man has succeeded in destroying the environment in which he lives, this observed in air and water.
The school system in Nigeria is not exempted from the environmental health problems, in many schools; the environment is not child friendly. Most of these schools have no adequate water supply, refuse disposal and toilet facilities. This does not agree with a well healthy school environment.
Environmental health problems can be described as man-made hazards to human health. Notable among which are water pollution. This means that despite considerable advances in providing better living condition for human, the environment continue to suffer the outcome of the numerous technological advancement. The school environment can become interesting, pleasant and conducive to teaching learning situation if the serenity of the environment is captivating and sanitarily maintained for the purpose of the control of communicable diseases are charged with the responsibility of undertaking routine inspection. This inspection is done to control communicable diseases in schools.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The problems associated with communicable diseases in secondary schools vary significantly. Health problems are associated with poverty and lack of essential resources. Among these is inadequate clean water, food, shelter and clean air. In addition, many developing countries, populations are facing health problems. These issues include poor sanitation. This is true of Nigerian with an over increasing population, a degraded environment increases the likelihood of disease especially communicable diseases and death.
The supply and distribution of drinking water to students can be a major cause of health problems in schools. The inability of school authorities to provide good drinking water and proper storage system in the school to both parents and government. Where water is provided, students share cups and water cans in such a manner that those having communicable disease can easily transfer such to other.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The researcher wishes to examine causes, effects and control of communicable diseases in secondary schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State.
1. Does the knowledge of health education help to prevent communicable disease in schools?
2. Does educational qualification of parents enhance the reduction of the spread of communicable diseases among students in schools?
3. What efforts have the teachers of various secondary schools put towards the manner of communicable diseases?
4. Do communicable diseases spread rapidly in dirty environment?
5. Does poverty of [parents and lack of essential resources in the community enhance the spread of communicable diseases in the environment?
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The finding of this research will be beneficial to students, school administrators, parents, health institutions, other concerned individuals and institutions.
It will help to educate students against the problems of communicable diseases and will equally render possible solutions.
It will help the Ministry of Education plan for seminars and in-service training on communicable diseases to enhance the effectiveness of various academic institutions.
SCOPE OF STUDY
This study is restricted to causes, effects and control of communicable diseases in secondary schools. The investigation is restricted to the following schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State.
1. Jubilee Academy Schools
2. God Grace Academy
3. Hope and Life Group of Schools
4. King Solomon Group of Schools
5. Imafidon Group of Schools
DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Air Borne Diseases: These are diseases one can get through breathing in, contaminated air of which virus or bacteria cause the particular disease.
2. Communicable diseases: Communicable diseases are diseases that can be transferred from one person to the other.
3. Diseases: A disease is a departure from normal health.
4. Endemic: This is a disease which is always present in a particular community e.g. malaria.
5. water borne diseases: These are diseases that can be gotten through water that is contaminated
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract The main aim of this project is to find out the effects of students industrial work experience scheme to the students in tertiary institution...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 205 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. THE ROLE OF SUPERVISION IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRIMARY EDUCATION (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN SOKOTO METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT In this research project, an attempt was made by the researcher to find out the role of supervision in the development of primary education i...Continue Reading »
100 pages | 534 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» Abstract Social media particularly Facebook and Twitter usage can contribute to students positively and negatively depend on the users and the purpose...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 166 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT Health is a basic need of life; therefore health education programmed is necessary if people are to enjoy a worthwhile life style. Since pupi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 413 hits | Source: EDUCATION
5. FACTORS AFFECTING THE PERFORMANCE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE STUDENTS IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EN...» Abstract The study investigated the factor affecting the performances of computer science students in Junior Secondary Schools in Enugu North Local Go...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 194 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT This study investigates the attitude of teachers towards teaching in rural areas in Nigeria using Brass Local Government Area of Bayelsa Stat...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 47 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. THE INFLUENCE OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS ON CAREER ASPIRATION AMONG SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN SOKOTO METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study This study examines the effects of socio economic status on the career as...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 299 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Origin of English language: English language originated in the North Western Europe, going by the...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 428 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Sex is a basic physiological need of every human being, male and females are created with differe...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 242 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT Different school environments contribute to poor performance in the schools in this area and necessitated the need to investigate on the scho...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 42 hits | Source: EDUCATION