Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
It is undoubtedly true that man as almost complete dominion over all things on earth, yet he has remained subjected to physical, biological and social environmental problems which he created. Man has largely conquered or is on the way to conquering communicable diseases but in the process of liquidating vectors of diseases. He runs risk of upsetting the circle of nature to the extent that he endangers food supply, pollutes the water he drinks and the air he breaths.
Dokun Oyosola (1995) stressed that a quality environment is important for the promotion of man’s well being but in the process of man striving to control his environment. He has made his environment a greater threat to his health and life as a result of his technologies and industrial advancement. Thus, in the process of finding a better means of living man has succeeded in destroying the environment in which he lives, this observed in air and water.
The school system in Nigeria is not exempted from the environmental health problems, in many schools; the environment is not child friendly. Most of these schools have no adequate water supply, refuse disposal and toilet facilities. This does not agree with a well healthy school environment.
Environmental health problems can be described as man-made hazards to human health. Notable among which are water pollution. This means that despite considerable advances in providing better living condition for human, the environment continue to suffer the outcome of the numerous technological advancement. The school environment can become interesting, pleasant and conducive to teaching learning situation if the serenity of the environment is captivating and sanitarily maintained for the purpose of the control of communicable diseases are charged with the responsibility of undertaking routine inspection. This inspection is done to control communicable diseases in schools.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The problems associated with communicable diseases in secondary schools vary significantly. Health problems are associated with poverty and lack of essential resources. Among these is inadequate clean water, food, shelter and clean air. In addition, many developing countries, populations are facing health problems. These issues include poor sanitation. This is true of Nigerian with an over increasing population, a degraded environment increases the likelihood of disease especially communicable diseases and death.
The supply and distribution of drinking water to students can be a major cause of health problems in schools. The inability of school authorities to provide good drinking water and proper storage system in the school to both parents and government. Where water is provided, students share cups and water cans in such a manner that those having communicable disease can easily transfer such to other.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The researcher wishes to examine causes, effects and control of communicable diseases in secondary schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State.
1. Does the knowledge of health education help to prevent communicable disease in schools?
2. Does educational qualification of parents enhance the reduction of the spread of communicable diseases among students in schools?
3. What efforts have the teachers of various secondary schools put towards the manner of communicable diseases?
4. Do communicable diseases spread rapidly in dirty environment?
5. Does poverty of [parents and lack of essential resources in the community enhance the spread of communicable diseases in the environment?
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The finding of this research will be beneficial to students, school administrators, parents, health institutions, other concerned individuals and institutions.
It will help to educate students against the problems of communicable diseases and will equally render possible solutions.
It will help the Ministry of Education plan for seminars and in-service training on communicable diseases to enhance the effectiveness of various academic institutions.
SCOPE OF STUDY
This study is restricted to causes, effects and control of communicable diseases in secondary schools. The investigation is restricted to the following schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State.
1. Jubilee Academy Schools
2. God Grace Academy
3. Hope and Life Group of Schools
4. King Solomon Group of Schools
5. Imafidon Group of Schools
DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Air Borne Diseases: These are diseases one can get through breathing in, contaminated air of which virus or bacteria cause the particular disease.
2. Communicable diseases: Communicable diseases are diseases that can be transferred from one person to the other.
3. Diseases: A disease is a departure from normal health.
4. Endemic: This is a disease which is always present in a particular community e.g. malaria.
5. water borne diseases: These are diseases that can be gotten through water that is contaminated
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The system of local government administration practiced anywhere in the world, is dependent largely ...Continue Reading »
2. QUESTIONNIARE THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE PLANNING ON TEACHING AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT ON TEACHING AND LEARNING OF INTREGRATED SCIENCE IN SECONDARY SCH...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigerian Educational System has gone through various developments and changes viz a viz curriculu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The main concern of this study was to final out the teenage pregnancy and how it affects the educational development of our teenagers in Kaur...Continue Reading »
4. CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF POOR PERFORMANCES OF STUDENTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The issue of poor academic performance of students in Nigeria has been of much concern to the governm...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The pace at which teachers are motivated for greater service is deteriorating in Nigeria is alarming. The fall in performance and productivit...Continue Reading »
6. ABORTION AS A CAUSATIVE FACTORS TO THE INCREASE IN MOTALITY RATE AMONG ADOLESCENT (AGES 13 â€“ 20) IN OVIA SOUTH WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ED...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Abortion is a relatively used term. It is the word used to describe the act of termination or destruction...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTRODU...Continue Reading »
8. AN APPRAISAL OF TAX STATUS OBLIGATIONS AND EXCEPTIONS OF A COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE, ESPECIALLY TERTIARY EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS» CHAPTER 1: GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1. INTRODUCTION Nigeria is a Federal Republic; therefore, the country’s legal system is based on the English Leg...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Education remains the key to human development. It is seen as the driving force for meaningful de...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON THE LEARNING AND TEACHING OF ECONOMICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ISOLO LGA (EDIT TO FIT UR CASE STUDY OR...» ABSTARCT The study aimed at examining the effects of economics instructional materials on the learning and teaching of economics as well the effects o...Continue Reading »