Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 62 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The article on this topic (the impact of government bonds on capital market growth in Nigeria) is an extract from literature review of the project material. The complete project work would be made available when you subscribe for the full material.
The Nigerian capital market is relatively new and has many factors influencing it. The capital market is for sourcing of long term loans, while the floating of government bonds will greatly stimulate the capital market in it’s size and activities. Also, most market started with bonds that are actually floated first.
According to SEC, (2000), the bond market is preferred as the ideal mechanism for the exchange of claims among buyers. Government bonds has interest bearings securities in the capital market and also mutual relationship with itself, thus government stock as an instrument gives the capital market room to exist.
The presence of government bonds in the Nigerian capital market can be traced to the early twentieth century (20th) and also floating of a bond in 1946 by the then colonial government. The Federal government development bonds which were formally introduced in 1959 was designed to provide long term finance for government projects and later most proceeds are leased on regular basis till 1986 when deregulation of the capital market started.
The recent challenges of the capital market in Nigeria was due to economic meltdown from 2009, according to CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria) annual report on it’s fair share on government bonds. The dismal performance of the banking sector was owing to reforms, administrative charges and others of the CBN and SEC and also counter policies within and outside the market are some factors that have inhibited the capital market as well and the impact of government bonds.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The research is an appraisal of the impact of macroeconomic factors on money supply in Nigeria. It identify and analyzes macro economic facto...Continue Reading »
2. THE PROBLEMS OF FINANCING GOVERNMENT CORPORATIONS GOVERNMENT CORPORATION (A CASE STUDY OF TRACAS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Public corporation are enterprises, which are partly or wholly owned by the government, which private enterprises have been u...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Emergence of the Global Financial Meltdown The global economy has been hit by the worst econo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria is a middle income, mixed economy and emerging market, with expanding financial, service,...Continue Reading »
5. THE PROBLEM OF GOVERNMENT BUDGETING IMPLEMENTATION IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA) 1986-2006» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION: 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A Budget is commonly understood as the focus by a government of its expenditure and revenue for ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study The maritime industry includes all enterprises engaged in the business of designing, constructing, manufa...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF INSURANCE COMPANY IN THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF GHANA (A CASE STUDY OF METROPOLITAN INSURANCE COMPANY)» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the role of insurance company in the economic development of Ghana in metropolitan insurance company. Thi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background Of The Study The small entrepreneurship has been generally acknowledged as the bedrock of the industrial developme...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Economic growth and development remain keygoals desired by underdeveloped and developing nations....Continue Reading »
10. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF POVERTY REDUCTION PROGRAMMES IN NIGERIA AS A DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY» ABSTRACT This study assessed the impact of poverty reduction programmes as a development strategy in Nigeria. The study first of all examined issues o...Continue Reading »