Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 126 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study investigated the ‘Impact of Selected Macroeconomic Variables on Non-oil Exports in Nigeria’ for both aggregate and disaggregates within the period 1986-2015.Time series secondary data were collected from CBN statistical bulletin for the period of thirty years (1986-2015). Auto-Regressive Distributed Lag (ARDL) bounds testing co-integration technique was used to investigate the long-run relationship between the selected macroeconomic variables (real GDP, exchange rate, inflation rate and credit to private sector) with aggregate and disaggregate non-oil exports (agricultural, manufacturing and solid minerals) in Nigeria.. The major findings of this study showed that the selected macroeconomic variables (real GDP, exchange rate fluctuations, inflation rate and credit to private sector had a long-run equilibrium relationship with both aggregate and disaggregate non-oil exports (agriculture, manufacturing and solid minerals) within the period of study at 5 percent level of significance. The findings of this study imply that economic activities and credit to private sector had impacted positively whereas exchange fluctuations and increase in prices of goods and services had impacted negatively on the volume of non-oil exports in Nigeria within the period of study. This study recommended that the government should enhance the productive capacity of the economy through human and capital development, a sound monetary policies to stabilize exchange fluctuations. A friendly and selective credit policy should be initiated by the government to enable the farmers, manufacturers and miners have access to loans.
1.1 Background to the Study
One major feature of the Nigerian economy following the oil boom in 1970s is the dominance of
oil sector over non-oil sector that has led to its sluggishgrowth. The poor performance of the
non-oil exports sector is largely attributable to the neglect of the agricultural, manufacturing and
the solid minerals sectors following the oil boom coupled with the effects of some fiscal and
monetary policies such as interest rate, exchange rate, misappropriation of government
expenditures, foreign trade policies among others (Ilegbinosaet al.,2012).
The Nigerian economy has been adversely affected in recent times by e
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN EVALUATION OF THE IMPACT OF MICRO FINANCE BANKS ON THE BENEFICIARIES: A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The thrust of this study is to evaluate the impact of Microfinance banks credit on Kaduna State and to examine the impact of Microfinance on ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study One of the key macroeconomic objectives of a nation is the achievement of sustainable economic gr...Continue Reading »
3. CROSS BORDER CRIMES AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF ECOWAS MEMBER STATES: THE NIGERIA EXPERIENCE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Over the years various activities across the borders of ECOWAS member states have hindered sustai...Continue Reading »
» Abstract It is no doubt that violence or war disrupts not only the social, economic, religious dimensions of life but also the education of the commun...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe banking sector is quite key to economic growth. More key is the cost of banking as it determines mobilization of savings, level of investm...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The dynamic role of small and medium enterprises as engine of growth in developing countries has been recognized as obser...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In a depressed country like ours, global development is entering a phase where entrepreneurship w...Continue Reading »
8. AN ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF QUALITY OF LIFE AND LIVING CONDITIONS IN ZARIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT Recent measures of welfare tend to go beyond the conventional focus on resources to a wide range of other aspects due to the multidimensional...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The need to promote a virile industrial sector has continued to be a major concern of most develo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION For any organization that is involved in the production of goods and rendering of services, after answering the question what...Continue Reading »