Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 126 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study investigated the ‘Impact of Selected Macroeconomic Variables on Non-oil Exports in Nigeria’ for both aggregate and disaggregates within the period 1986-2015.Time series secondary data were collected from CBN statistical bulletin for the period of thirty years (1986-2015). Auto-Regressive Distributed Lag (ARDL) bounds testing co-integration technique was used to investigate the long-run relationship between the selected macroeconomic variables (real GDP, exchange rate, inflation rate and credit to private sector) with aggregate and disaggregate non-oil exports (agricultural, manufacturing and solid minerals) in Nigeria.. The major findings of this study showed that the selected macroeconomic variables (real GDP, exchange rate fluctuations, inflation rate and credit to private sector had a long-run equilibrium relationship with both aggregate and disaggregate non-oil exports (agriculture, manufacturing and solid minerals) within the period of study at 5 percent level of significance. The findings of this study imply that economic activities and credit to private sector had impacted positively whereas exchange fluctuations and increase in prices of goods and services had impacted negatively on the volume of non-oil exports in Nigeria within the period of study. This study recommended that the government should enhance the productive capacity of the economy through human and capital development, a sound monetary policies to stabilize exchange fluctuations. A friendly and selective credit policy should be initiated by the government to enable the farmers, manufacturers and miners have access to loans.
1.1 Background to the Study
One major feature of the Nigerian economy following the oil boom in 1970s is the dominance of
oil sector over non-oil sector that has led to its sluggishgrowth. The poor performance of the
non-oil exports sector is largely attributable to the neglect of the agricultural, manufacturing and
the solid minerals sectors following the oil boom coupled with the effects of some fiscal and
monetary policies such as interest rate, exchange rate, misappropriation of government
expenditures, foreign trade policies among others (Ilegbinosaet al.,2012).
The Nigerian economy has been adversely affected in recent times by e
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF ANTI-GRAFT AGENCIES IN ANTI- CORRUPTION CAMPAIGNS IN NIGERIA: (A CASE STUDY OF ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION (EFCC).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 2 Before this country could be free from corruption, its deem fit to invite certain bodies like E...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER TWO REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE 2.1 INTRODUCTION Manpower is the basis of all resources and it is the indispensable means of converting other...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One of the challenges to the economics and special well being of Nigerian in the past five years ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY . . 1.0 INTRODUCTION Taxation can simply be seen as a compulsory transfer or payment of money from private individ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examined the effects of government expenditure on economic growth of Nigeria from 1981 to 2015. Specifically, the study investigate...Continue Reading »
6. BALANCING BETWEEN RECURRENT EXPENDITURE AND CAPITAL EXPENDITURE IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR BUDGETS, A CASE STUDY OF AFIKPO NORTH L.G.A» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In Nigeria for instance, despite the huge amount of public expenditures, there is still an insign...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Information and communications technology (ICT) has become a potent instrument/force of developin...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigates the core leading factors that reduce savings in Nigeria between 1980 2010 using ordinary Least Square (OLS) econometr...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY As confirmed by Ugochukwu (1999:02), agriculture is the first and most thriven occupation of mankind. From its...Continue Reading »
10. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE ROLE OF UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC IN FINANCING SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The Small and Medium Scale Enterprises play a critical role in economic development. Small and Me...Continue Reading »