Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 37 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the Study
Kaduna state was created on 27th May 1967 and the capital was Kaduna. It has total area of 40,053km2 (17,781sqm).The area is ranked 4th of 36 states and the population in 2006 census was total 6,066,562 and ranked 3rd of 36.
Kaduna state is the one of the education centers in Nigeria, with many colleges and the most recognized universities in Nigeria.
The state is an industrial center of northern Nigeria, manufacturing products like textiles, machinery, steel, aluminum, petroleum products and bearings. Pottery is highly prized from Kaduna especially from the Nok culture which precedes to Abuja and Minna.
The primary objectives of technical education are to equip an individual with requisite training skill, ability and competence that enable him/her to live a useful life and contribute to the development of his society.
Effective and adequate maintenance of capital equipment and infrastructure in all sectors of our national development is one of the greatest challenges in Nigeria’s quest for economic development. (Olaitan, 2015) in his own opinion, further states that the frequency of equipment failure and replacement of capital assets signals and regressive economic trend and very bleak economic future for the country.
The problem of maintenance should be a source of great concern to whoever has the responsibility of providing fund for the procurement or provision of capital assets both at the public and private sector especially with the present state of the nation’s economy.
Technical workshop in secondary schools use modern equipment, which suit the Nigerian environment for teaching students practical work.
Secondary school technical workshops should be properly organized in a formal way. In which number of students of 20 to 25 students can work in the workshop at a particular time special attention is required to be given to the workshop planning and management. In view of this, the study examined and analyzed the various method used in managing workshop in secondary schools with emphasis to Kaduna metropolis, Kaduna state.
Maintenance culture is an attitude which is sadly lacking in government secondary schools. Maintenance is the lifeline of industrial production process rely on how well tools and equipment are adequately maintained. (Abdullahi, 2005).
Fajimi (2004), stressed that the neglect of the maintenance of public assets is one of the reasons for poor quality services, this is the price we have to pay for years of neglect, we should learn that deterioration of assets such as equipment and machines including other things in our schools for a country like Nigeria is very common. He further stated that neglect of public facilities might be due to poor logistics and resources and ineffective maintenance programme, no follows up process after installation of equipment.
Given the scenario above, the situation at the secondary school might not be different, the researchers therefore took up the task to access secondary school’s workshops in Kaduna metropolis in order to ascertain the state of affairs and meeting the goals of secondary and vocational education which are synonymous to society needs. The intention was to provide feedback on the position of facilities meeting the policy makers particularly the national board for technical education and ministry of education.
Statement of the Problem
This study intended to give a clear view on the strategies for improving management and maintenance of technical workshops.
The study identified weak areas of workshop management and maintenance in secondary schools of Kaduna metropolis and provide some solutions on how to improve such areas. The study concentrated mostly on quality maintenance of tools, equipment, building and how such materials are being managed by the school teachers and state department in charge with the responsibilities.
The following views of those objectives and strategies for improving management and maintenance of technical workshops in secondary schools to the identified problems in technical workshops management and maintenance in Kaduna metropolis.
It provided a guidance and recommendation for excellent workshop management and maintenance.
Objective of the Study
The objectives of the study are to: -
1. Identify the factors affecting proper workshop management and maintenance in secondary school’s technical workshops in Kaduna metropolis.
2. Find out the problems encountered in workshop management and maintenance in secondary schools of Kaduna metropolis.
3. Determine the strategies for improving the management and maintenance of technical workshops in secondary schools of Kaduna metropolis.
Significance of the Study
A well-maintained school workshop will in no doubt facilitate students’ performance.
This study will ensure that government investment on technical workshops and equipment’s are optimal used for teaching and learning of vocational and technical education sources.
The finding will expose students, teachers and administrators to the strategies of management and maintaining workshops, tools and equipment for teaching and learning of vocational and technical education programmes.
Finally, the studies will assist managers and teachers in minimizing cost of maintenance of tools, workshops and equipment at Kaduna state secondary schools in Kaduna metropolis.
1. What are the factors affecting the management and maintenance of technical workshops in secondary schools in Kaduna metropolis?
2. What are the problems encountered in managing and maintenance of workshops of secondary school in Kaduna metropolis?
3. What strategies should be used for improving the management and maintenance of technical workshops of secondary schools in Kaduna metropolis?
Scope and Delimitation of the Study
The study is concerned with finding out strategies for improving management and maintenance of technical workshops in Kaduna metropolis.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study empirically examined the determinants of manufacturing firms’ financial performance in Nigeria using a panel data for 12 years a...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT EXPENDITURE ON STANDARD OF LIVING OF THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA (1982 – 2012)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years, government expenditure also known as government spending has been identified as a...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECTS OF INFANT AND MATERNAL MORTALITY ON THE ECONOMY OF NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF ASABA AND ITS ENVIRONS, DELTA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Maternal mortality remains the leading cause of death and disability for reproductive age women i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Treasury Single Account is a public accounting system under which all government revenue, receipt...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.0 Background of the Study Technical colleges are the institutions established by government to equip individuals with skill...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Today's international shipping involves people of many different nationalities with different law...Continue Reading »
7. INSTITUTIONAL QUALITY, GOVERNMENT EXPENDITURE AND ECONOMIC GROWTH: PANEL EVIDENCE FROM FOUR SELECTED WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The search for the real determinant of economic growth has generated controversial outcomes in econom...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Small scale business constitutes the highest percentage of business establishments in the country both at the national, s...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study examined the impact of tourism earning on economic growth in Nigeria between 1996 and 2016. The study sought to ascertain the vibra...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Government Expenditure no doubt is an important instrument for a government to control the econo...Continue Reading »