Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Tax is invariably an enforced contribution of money, exacted pursuant to legislative authority if there is no valid statute by which it is imposed; a charge is not a tax. The classical purpose of taxation is the raising of funds to meet government expenditure. Redistribution of wealth and the management of the economy. The tax system can also be used to direct the course of the economy. It is often to encourage economic activities .Tax affects the amount available for spending by the private sector of the economy. Correspondingly, an increase in tax rate and gathering efficiency will affect the amount available for government spending. Not only that such increase or decrease no matter how minimal may have inflationary or deflationary effect on the economy. Secondly and particularly in the case of taxes on income, there is tendency of their imposition to encourage or discourage particular activities.
The significance of tax to the government and the state cannot be over emphasized. However achieving a high level of revenue through tax is not always an easy fit to attain. Problems encountered includes inadequate staff, bribery and corruption, mismanagement of tax collected, poor accounting record, etc.But according to Adam Smith (1968), there are prospect the lies with the collection of tax. The research intends to investigate the problem and prospect of tax collection in internal revenue service in bauchi state.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The problem confronting this research is to evaluate the problem and prospect of tax collection in internal revenue service of bauchi state.
What is the nature of taxation
What constitute the problems encountered in the collection of tax
What are the prospect of tax collection
What are the problems and prospect of tax collection in bauchi state
OBJECTIVE OF THE RESEARCH
To determine the nature of taxation
To appraise the problems and prospect of tax collection
To determine the problems and prospect of tax collection in bauchi
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE RESEARCH
The research shall elucidate the problems and prospect of tax collection and profer possible recommendations for effective tax administration.
STATEMENT OF THE HYPOTHESIS
Ho Tax revenue in bauchi is low
Hi Tax revenue in bauchi is high
Ho Problem of tax collection in bauchi is low
Hi Problem of tax collection in bauchi is high
Ho The prospect of tax collection in bauchi is low
HI The prospect of tax collection in bauchi is high
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study intends to appraise the problems and prospect of tax collection in bauchi state.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Tax is invariably an enforced contribution of money, exacted pursuant to legislative authority if there is no valid statute by which it is imposed; a charge is not a tax. The classical purpose of taxation is the raising of funds to meet government expenditure. Redistribution of wealth and the management of the economy. The tax system can also be used to direct the course of the economy.
PERSONAL INCOME TAX DEFINED
This is tax levied on income of individuals which is earned either from employment ,trade, business, vacation or profession.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract Today, poor infrastructural facilities are identified as a problem. It is important to know that most of the poor people live in the rural ar...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION IN THE MANAGEMENT, CONTROL AND ERADICATION OF CRIME» ABSTRACTSeveral years of military misrule and mismanagement had weakened the economic management processes and institutions in Nigeria. There was no t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background to the Study. Man as an intellectual being has always questioned the origin, sustenance, and existence of the universe. In ...Continue Reading »
4. FOREIGN EXCHANGE PERFORMANCE AND BANK’S PROFITABILITY AN EVALUATION OF JAMUNA BANK LIMITED, MOTIJHEEL BRANCH» Executive Summary Banking is topic, practice, business or profession almost as old as the very existence of man, but literarily it can be rooted deep ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Economics is the social science that analyzes the production, distribution, and consumption of goo...Continue Reading »
6. MONEY SUPPLY AND INFLATION DYNAMICS: A CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF MILTON FRIEDMAN’S HYPOTHESIS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Information The debate regarding the role of money supply in an economy particularly in the determination of i...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF MONETARY POLICY ON COMMERCIAL BANK LENDING ABILITIES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The importance of monetary policy in the economic development of developing countries has attract...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work was undertaken to assess the CREDIT ADMINISTRATION IN COMMERCIAL BANK (A CASE STUDY OF UNITY BANK NIGERIA PLC). This work ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Today, millions of people in the world are without food especially in the developing world which has been of great concern as stipulated in t...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The impacts of trade liberalization on Nigeria economic growth 1981 2015, download the full project work with reference and abstract. Impact ...Continue Reading »