Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 100 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Nigeria's fiscal operations since early 1980's have resulted into persistent and huge
fiscal deficit. This is attributed to revenue shortfall and rapid increase in government spending.
The purpose of this thesis is to undertake an analysis of the relationship between spending and
revenue at the Federallevelin Nigeria.
Using regression analysis on time series data over the period 1970-1998, the study
discovered that oil Revenue, Tax Revenue, Population and wages of the public sector
employees are statistically significant in explaining the rapid growth in government spendings
which invariablylead to deficit.
The results of the study indicate that oil revenue was the most significant factor. The results
show that rapid growth of Federal Government expenditure was caused by persistent deficits.
The study recommends that government should embark on policies aimed at raising revenue
and reducing expenditure. Restructuring measures aimed at attaining fiscal viability over a long
period should be adopted.
1.1 BACKGROUND OFTHE STUDY
High growth and persistence of government deficits have been observed in a number of
countries Nigeria inclusive. This unsustainable fiscal deficit causes general Macroeconomic
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The study examined the extent of the use of extensive reading in promoting communication competence in secondary school with reference to som...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF TRADE LIBERALIZATION AND INSTITUTIONS ON ECONOMIC GROWTH IN SELECTED SUB-SAHARAN AFRICAN COUNTRIES.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According to North (1991), institutions are the humanly devised constraints that structure and co...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The objective of this study is to empirically investigate the relationship between corporate governance (measured by Board Size, Ownership Co...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis study analyses the linkage between inflation rate and manufacturing sector of the Nigerian economy over the period of (1981 2011). The st...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUD OF THE STUDY Every economy seeks to appropriate industrial base to move the economy from a traditional and low ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Approval page ii Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of content CHAPTER ONE Background of the study Statement of t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study One of the fundamental human rights of the people in any given state is the right to security and this is...Continue Reading »
8. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFORT OF PRIVATIZATION AND COMMERCIALIZATION ON THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA REFINERY AND PETROCHEMICAL COMPANY ...» ABSTRACTWhen the economic fortune of the organization of petroleum exporting countries (OPEC) nations suffered a tragic experience due to the sudden f...Continue Reading »
9. THE INFLUENCE OF THE REDUCTION IN OIL PRICE AND THE DEVALUATION OF NAIRA ON THE NIGERIA ECONOMIC GROWTH» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria, the most populous black nation situated in western Africa is popularly known for her dom...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSING THE POTENTIALS OF CULTURAL TOURISM TO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF MORO’A CHIEFDOM, KAURA L.G.A KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Tourism is the free movement of people to destinations outside their usual places of residence an...Continue Reading »