Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 122 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Three genotypes (LNTP-WC2,LNTP-Y5 and OBA 98) with seven nitrogen levels (0,20,40,60,80,100 and 120 kg N ha-1) used to investigate the effects of Nitrogen and genotypes on some physiological and morphological characters of maize at Samaru, in the Northern guinea Savanna of Nigeria. The trials were conducted for two years (2007 and 2008) at the institute for Agricultural research farm at Samaru, Zaria. The objectives of the study were to find out the effect of Nitrogen on the performance of maize genotypes and also to determine the varietal differences in N-use efficiency and components of N-efficiency. Nitrogen application was found to significantly (p<0.05) increase growth of plant such as plant height,leaf area and leaf dry weight. Plant height increased from 0.3m under control to 1.77m with the highest nitrogen rate. Similarly, highest number of leaf area plant-1 of 533 and 435 cm2 in 2007 and 2008 respectively,were obtained with the highest rate of N( 120 kg N ha-1) Mean grain yield from 3259 kg N ha-1 in 2007,4502 kg N ha-1 in 2008 and 4082 kg N ha-1 in the combined analysis.The components of N-efficiency viz :N-uptake efficiency and N-utilization efficiency were positively affected by characters of maize.However,NUE and N-utilization efficiency were seen as the most important components of N-efficiency. The
correlation coefficients obtained showed that 100 seed-weight, leaf area, cob length and number of rows cob-1 were positively and significantly correlated with grain yield.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR CROP SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SOCIO-ECONOMIC FACTORS AND POLITICAL FACTORS AFFECTING STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN GUSAU METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education provides children with the knowledge and skills necessary to advance themselves and the...Continue Reading »
87 pages | 335 hits | Source: CROP SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study In 1973, a panel of scientists reported to the Environmental Studies Board that there was a need for rese...Continue Reading »
33 pages | 123 hits | Source: CROP SCIENCE
3. EFFECT OF SIX WEED MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES ON WEEDCONTROL AND GROWTH AND YIELD OF PLANTAIN (MUSA SPP AAB cv AGBAGBA) AT NSUKKA.» ABSTRACT The effects of five weed management techniques and a weed free control on weed infestation and on the growth and yield of a plantain landrace...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 311 hits | Source: CROP SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Four field experiments were conducted at the Teaching and Research Farm of the Department of Crop Science, University of Nigeria, Nsukka to: ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 365 hits | Source: CROP SCIENCE
5. STUDIES ON ASPECTS OF REPRODUCTIVE BIOLOGY AND POD YIELD IN BAMBARA GROUNDNUT (Vigna subterrenea (L.) Verdc)» ABSTRACT Two field experiments were conducted in April and August, 2007 cropping season at the Department of Crop Science research farm, University of...Continue Reading »
100 pages | 420 hits | Source: CROP SCIENCE
6. EFFECTS OF GIBBERELLIC ACID (GA3) ON FOUR CASSAVA (Manihot esculenta, Crantz) GENOTYPES IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT The experiment was conducted in the 2015 cropping season at the University of Uyo teaching and research farm, Use Offot in Uyo LGA of Akwa Ib...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 140 hits | Source: CROP SCIENCE
» CHAPTHER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Plants are important in our everyday existence. They provide our foods, produce the oxygen we br...Continue Reading »
21 pages | 401 hits | Source: CROP SCIENCE
8. EVALUATION OF CASSAVA CULTIVARS AND INTERCROPPING WITH LEGUMES AS AN INTEGRATED NEMATODE PEST CONTROL STRATEGY IN CASSAVA (MANIHOT ESCULENTA CRANTZ) P...» ABSTRACT These studies on evaluation of cassava cultivars and intercropping with legumes as an integrated nematode control strategy in cassava product...Continue Reading »
183 pages | 489 hits | Source: CROP SCIENCE
9. UTILIZATION OF WILD TOMATO RELATIVE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF IMPROVED TOMATO LINES FOR HIGH HUMIDITY ENVIRONMENT» ABSTRACT An effort to obtain a tomato cultivar that would adapt to high temperature and high humidity condition in the southern part of Nigeria in ord...Continue Reading »
102 pages | 319 hits | Source: CROP SCIENCE
10. PARTIAL NUTRIENT BALANCE IN CASSAVA (Manihot esculenta Crantz) AND SOYBEAN (Glycine max (L) Merril) INTERCROP FOR SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE IN A DERIVE...» ABSTRACT Three field experiments to investigate the partial nutrient balance (N and K) in cassava/soybean intercrop system were conducted at Universit...Continue Reading »
189 pages | 335 hits | Source: CROP SCIENCE