Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The computerization of the banking/financial sector of the economy has really helped eliminate the manual operation of the sector including the innovation of paperless.
Following this, is the introduction of development of the ATM (Automated teller Machine) which had the most laudabe effect in the sector. However, the ATM has really terminated most of the stressful work in the banking sector like queing to check account balance, delay in cash withdrawing and transfer etc.
The ATM gained acceptance due to its Mechanism like dispensing Mechanism (to provide cash on often items of value), deposit mechanism including cheques processing module and batch not acceptor (to allow the customer to make deposits), security sensor and locks (to ensure controlled access to the contents of the vault).
In this work, we examined our overview of the ATM and its record printer.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The emergency of the ATM brought about the transformation in the banking sector giving rise to inter-bankng services. However, the ATMs inability to generate a hard copy of the operations carried out it has been a concern over the years. In a bid develop a receipt generating system for the ATM to enhance its user-friendliness and flexibility, this study was carried out.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Notwithstanding the effective and excellent performance of ATM, its inability to generate a receipt after usage has posed a challenge to users. This is a situation where the machine is unable to issue a receipt which contain the users account details such as the previous balance before withdrawal (in the case of withdrawal), and current balance to the user/customer. Another problem of the system is its failure to issue a record of the business transactions carried out on it.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study which is the design and implementation of a transactions receipt generating system for an ATM is as follows:-
1. Redesign and restructure the ATM in a way that it will not only give softcopy of the transaction rather be capable of generating a hardcopy of the business transactions carried out on it.
2. Enhance the user’s friendliness with the machine since the machine gives him/her a valid update of the accout detail each time he/her uses the machine
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study which bothers on design and implementation of a transaction receipt generating system for an ATM is limited only to :-
- Payment receipt
- Withdrawal receipt
However, other companies may maintain different sources of receipt or teller, but this study, concentrates only on payment and withdrawal receipt system for Eco bank plc, Obosi Onitsha Anambra state.
1.5 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
The development of receipt generating system for an ATM enhance the user’s/customer’s knowledge of his/her account details (a complete up to date statement of account) since the system produces a receipt for the transactions he/she made. This also eliminates conflicts over statement of account between the customer and the bank’s operators and also helped transformed our economy from its cash driven nature to a more electronic was of cash conveyance and withdrawal.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This section discloses the constraints encountered on the course of writing this piece of work. The below is the under listed limitations encountered.
a. TIME FACTOR:- Considering the limited time for the semester and the time to gather material/information from the project study, it was not really easy on me but all the same, I tried to apply the principle of time management.
b. MONEY:- a lot of money was involved in sourcing for material, running the program, typing and printing the work and binding aspect
c. PROBLEM ENCOUNTERED DURING THE WRITE UP:- The toughest was on the debugging of the program, although the research aspect also posed some problems
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATION OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN E-BANKING AND CYBER CRIME IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIDELITY BANK PLC, 2011-2015)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY There are few innovations that have changed the dynamics of banking as much as the e banking revolu...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 272 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Fertility is the natural capability to produce offspring. Fertility is the ability to reproduce; ...Continue Reading »
45 pages | 264 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» AbstractAirline booking and ticketing in a commercial airline company is a project work aimed at creating a system that will enable traveler’s book ...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 160 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED TRAFFIC OFFENCE DOCUMENTATION SYSTEM. (CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY COMMISSIONER, ENUGU)» ABSTRACT This project is carried out in order to develop computer based Traffic Offence documentation system to all aviate the problems incurred in Fe...Continue Reading »
42 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (A CASE STUDY OF CARITAS UNIVERSITY ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION An entrance examination is an examination that many educational institutions use to select students for admission. These ...Continue Reading »
105 pages | 331 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER INTELLIGENT PHARMACEUTICAL CENTRE SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNTH ENUGU)» ABSTRACT The need to develop a system that would improve the management of stocked pharmaceutical items in the pharmacy became beatable due to some se...Continue Reading »
36 pages | 64 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Transport is the movement of people, animals and goods from one location to another. Modes of tra...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 168 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The research work “design and implementation of an hospital management system” includes registration of patients, storing their details i...Continue Reading »
140 pages | 796 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE BUS TICKET RESERVATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM TRANSPORT COMPANY [AKTC])» ABSTRACT The study examines the design and implementation of an online bus ticket reservation system. The system solves the problem of inconveniencing...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This project is aimed at developing a web based system, which manages the activity of “Student Project Management” and allocation. This s...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 123 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE