Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The computerization of the banking/financial sector of the economy has really helped eliminate the manual operation of the sector including the innovation of paperless.
Following this, is the introduction of development of the ATM (Automated teller Machine) which had the most laudabe effect in the sector. However, the ATM has really terminated most of the stressful work in the banking sector like queing to check account balance, delay in cash withdrawing and transfer etc.
The ATM gained acceptance due to its Mechanism like dispensing Mechanism (to provide cash on often items of value), deposit mechanism including cheques processing module and batch not acceptor (to allow the customer to make deposits), security sensor and locks (to ensure controlled access to the contents of the vault).
In this work, we examined our overview of the ATM and its record printer.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The emergency of the ATM brought about the transformation in the banking sector giving rise to inter-bankng services. However, the ATMs inability to generate a hard copy of the operations carried out it has been a concern over the years. In a bid develop a receipt generating system for the ATM to enhance its user-friendliness and flexibility, this study was carried out.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Notwithstanding the effective and excellent performance of ATM, its inability to generate a receipt after usage has posed a challenge to users. This is a situation where the machine is unable to issue a receipt which contain the users account details such as the previous balance before withdrawal (in the case of withdrawal), and current balance to the user/customer. Another problem of the system is its failure to issue a record of the business transactions carried out on it.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study which is the design and implementation of a transactions receipt generating system for an ATM is as follows:-
1. Redesign and restructure the ATM in a way that it will not only give softcopy of the transaction rather be capable of generating a hardcopy of the business transactions carried out on it.
2. Enhance the user’s friendliness with the machine since the machine gives him/her a valid update of the accout detail each time he/her uses the machine
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study which bothers on design and implementation of a transaction receipt generating system for an ATM is limited only to :-
- Payment receipt
- Withdrawal receipt
However, other companies may maintain different sources of receipt or teller, but this study, concentrates only on payment and withdrawal receipt system for Eco bank plc, Obosi Onitsha Anambra state.
1.5 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
The development of receipt generating system for an ATM enhance the user’s/customer’s knowledge of his/her account details (a complete up to date statement of account) since the system produces a receipt for the transactions he/she made. This also eliminates conflicts over statement of account between the customer and the bank’s operators and also helped transformed our economy from its cash driven nature to a more electronic was of cash conveyance and withdrawal.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This section discloses the constraints encountered on the course of writing this piece of work. The below is the under listed limitations encountered.
a. TIME FACTOR:- Considering the limited time for the semester and the time to gather material/information from the project study, it was not really easy on me but all the same, I tried to apply the principle of time management.
b. MONEY:- a lot of money was involved in sourcing for material, running the program, typing and printing the work and binding aspect
c. PROBLEM ENCOUNTERED DURING THE WRITE UP:- The toughest was on the debugging of the program, although the research aspect also posed some problems
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Computerization is defined as the control of processes by computers and its peripherals. Today it wou...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED BILL OF MATERIAL PROCESSING SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 9TH MILE CORNER SIDE» ABSTRACT Computer has tremendously penetrated into every field of life. It makes work flow very easy. Interesting and result oriented. Bill of materia...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction Attendance Management System is software developed for daily student attendance in schools, colleges and institutes. If f...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work is concerned with the use of the internet in banking operation.The internet in its ever evolving state, is becoming a serio...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The problem which always emanate from inadequate personnel information maintenance and management has been a torn in the flesh of the entire ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study, design and implementation of web based crime records system, is centered on using web applications to enable an easy, secured and...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Language is one of the most complex of all human specific phenomena. Its convolutions of parts an...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The researcher chose to research on this topic “Computer Based Census Management System” because of its relevance to the society. Meanwhi...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED SYSTEM FOR REVENUE GENERATION FROM BUSINES PREMISES (A CASE STUDY OFNKANU EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Revenue generation is a means through which government establishment hurt for money which will be accountable to the governme...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERIZED DIAGNOSIS SYSTEM – A STUDY OF GENERAL HOSPITAL ISHIAGU» ABSTRACT This project, electronic diagnosis system, is a software system tailored for use in the diagnosis and analysis of diseases. The software is a...Continue Reading »