Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The computerization of the banking/financial sector of the economy has really helped eliminate the manual operation of the sector including the innovation of paperless.
Following this, is the introduction of development of the ATM (Automated teller Machine) which had the most laudabe effect in the sector. However, the ATM has really terminated most of the stressful work in the banking sector like queing to check account balance, delay in cash withdrawing and transfer etc.
The ATM gained acceptance due to its Mechanism like dispensing Mechanism (to provide cash on often items of value), deposit mechanism including cheques processing module and batch not acceptor (to allow the customer to make deposits), security sensor and locks (to ensure controlled access to the contents of the vault).
In this work, we examined our overview of the ATM and its record printer.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The emergency of the ATM brought about the transformation in the banking sector giving rise to inter-bankng services. However, the ATMs inability to generate a hard copy of the operations carried out it has been a concern over the years. In a bid develop a receipt generating system for the ATM to enhance its user-friendliness and flexibility, this study was carried out.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Notwithstanding the effective and excellent performance of ATM, its inability to generate a receipt after usage has posed a challenge to users. This is a situation where the machine is unable to issue a receipt which contain the users account details such as the previous balance before withdrawal (in the case of withdrawal), and current balance to the user/customer. Another problem of the system is its failure to issue a record of the business transactions carried out on it.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study which is the design and implementation of a transactions receipt generating system for an ATM is as follows:-
1. Redesign and restructure the ATM in a way that it will not only give softcopy of the transaction rather be capable of generating a hardcopy of the business transactions carried out on it.
2. Enhance the user’s friendliness with the machine since the machine gives him/her a valid update of the accout detail each time he/her uses the machine
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study which bothers on design and implementation of a transaction receipt generating system for an ATM is limited only to :-
- Payment receipt
- Withdrawal receipt
However, other companies may maintain different sources of receipt or teller, but this study, concentrates only on payment and withdrawal receipt system for Eco bank plc, Obosi Onitsha Anambra state.
1.5 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
The development of receipt generating system for an ATM enhance the user’s/customer’s knowledge of his/her account details (a complete up to date statement of account) since the system produces a receipt for the transactions he/she made. This also eliminates conflicts over statement of account between the customer and the bank’s operators and also helped transformed our economy from its cash driven nature to a more electronic was of cash conveyance and withdrawal.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
This section discloses the constraints encountered on the course of writing this piece of work. The below is the under listed limitations encountered.
a. TIME FACTOR:- Considering the limited time for the semester and the time to gather material/information from the project study, it was not really easy on me but all the same, I tried to apply the principle of time management.
b. MONEY:- a lot of money was involved in sourcing for material, running the program, typing and printing the work and binding aspect
c. PROBLEM ENCOUNTERED DURING THE WRITE UP:- The toughest was on the debugging of the program, although the research aspect also posed some problems
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 GENERAL INTRODUCTION It is safe to say that most activities such as apartment allocation carried out in most cities in Ni...Continue Reading »
2. problems militating against teaching and learning of Computer studies in Junior Secondary Schools. A case study of some selected schools in Kaduna Sou...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction Education is the best legacy a nation can give to her citizens. It is generally believed that the basis for any true deve...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle page Approval page Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of content CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction 1.2 Background...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE ADMISSION AND RESULT CHECKING SYSTEM FOR A HIGHER INSTITUTION» ABSTRACT In every institution, admission and result are the most important data which is the basic for each candidate. The institution makes sure that...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN AUTOMATED INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEM FOR A MANUFACTURING ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF YOL MERCY TABLE WATER LOKOJA, L...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION An inventory control system contains a list of orders to be filled and then prompts workers to pick the necessary items, ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The increasing demand for education in Nigeria especially tertiary education has been an issue in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A study plan is an organized schedule that students create to outline time for study and learning...Continue Reading »
8. ASSESSMENT OF THE UTILIZATION OF INTERNET SERVICES AMONG STUDENTS IN FEDERAL INSTITUTIONS IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The convergence of information and communication technologies as typified by the Internet is increasingly having more influen...Continue Reading »
9. IMPACT OF ROAD TRANSPORTATION MODE ON THE MARKETING OF CONSUMER GOODS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU SOUTH LGA, ENUGU STATE)» ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Food production is geographically dispersed and the task of linking the several food production centers w...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is directly towards business, governmental, or educational institution that needs to implement a quality server. While this topi...Continue Reading »