Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 32 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY-
In 2000, Nigeria developed a policy on Information Technology (IT), with the aim of making Nigeria an IT adapted country in Africa and also a leading player in the use of ICT as an implement for sustainable development and global competitiveness. Since then Information and Communication Technology has been on the lips of every academic. The world is about to leave behind anyone that is not ICT compliant. ICT has various forms and roles which it performs in learning, especially in the teaching and learning of language. It is a powerful tool which can take the form of texts, pictures, tables, graphs, emails, fax, chat groups, discussion groups, SMSs, socializing portals, dictionaries, e-encyclopaedia, Power Point presentations, websites and audio-videos, etc. It can play instructional roles which include making learners feel more relaxed to learn various topics and tasks and making them active as learning is technologically based.
The problem which we have identified in the use of ICT in tertiary education is lack of infrastructure and trained manpower (personnel) to use the ICT tools in teaching and learning. Most lecturers, technologists and students who are supposed to use the ICT tools are ignorant of what they are and their uses. Previous researches on ICT have focused on the hardware, software, professional development and support services. The purpose of this study is to identify the available ICT infrastructural facilities and to discuss how they can be put to effective use in the teaching and learning of language.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
This research work was undertaken to buttress the role of ICT as a change agent for quality education in Nigeria. Information gathering has always been an issue in Nigeria where one has to travel from one location to another in search of relevant materials and information. Accessing research materials in library is by being there, so one has to travel from one place to another to get materials to complete their research. These pose lots of bottleneck in terms of time, distance and availability in accessing ones need.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this research is to design and model a system that outline the role of ICT as a change agent of quality education in Nigeria. The system will focus on an e-library system where student can all log on to view materials and download books of their choice.
1.4 RESEARCH JUSTIFICATION
Justification for engaging in this study can be drawn from the following reasons:
a. To reaffirm the impact of ICT on education in Nigeria
b. To showcase the need to integrate ICT in all level of our education, from precept class to higher institution.
c. To also highlight the importance of ICT to the future development of Education in our nation Nigeria.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
ICT has been in Nigeria for more than a decade, yet the integration of ICT into variously institutes is alarming. Most institutes view the cost of its integration to the future growth in brings. A nation as large as ours is no different to the western nation who has greatly embrace the integration of ICT in all works of their live. So it is on this basis that this research is base.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
ICT: Information and Communication Technology
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTThis project work is all about design and implementation of a computer based scheduling system for a transport company.A computer based schedu...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE PORTAL REGISTRATION: A CASE STUDY NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY, DAMATURU STUDY CENTRE 2014» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION The term portal is known as links page which presents information from diverse sources in a unifi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Tourism is the travel for recreation, leisure, religious, family business purposes, usually of a limi...Continue Reading »
4. Design And Implementation Of Computerized Tourism Information System (A Case Study Of Enugu State Tourism Board)» Abstract Presently, Enugu state tourism board uses the manual system in the projection services and in the documentation of information In this projec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The increasing rate of crime, attacks by thieves, intruders and vandals, despite all forms of security gadgets and locks still need the atten...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 IntroductionCloud Computing is a new paradigm of computing which has evolved in recent times, it’s a platform where hardw...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLANTATION OF COMPUTERIZED CHILD CARE INFORMATION SYSTEM A CASE STUDY (UNITED NATION INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN EMERGENCY FUND, (UNICEF)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Children are heritage of the cord and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hands of the mighty man, so a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out in order to find the relevance of Information and Communication Technologies in modern office. The secretary who i...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT AN EFFECTIVE PERSONNEL DATABASE INFORMATION SYSTEM USING CADETS’ BRIGADE AS A CASE STUDY.» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Prior to the advent of computers and efficient data base management software, official and private and public document we...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED COOPERATIVE SOCIETY (A CASE STUDY OF AYEDIRE LOCAL GOVERNMENT COOPERATIVE INVESTMENT AND CREDIT UNION )» ABSTRACT The proposed project topic above is centered on the critical needed for registration of both the individuals and the entire cooperate society...Continue Reading »