Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
As information technology is the modern trend on banking today, it’s very imperative for banks to access its impact operational performance so as to justify if the capital invested on it is justifiable or not, analyze their problem and profit possible solutions. The objective of this study is to examine how the adoption of information technology affects the operations commercial banks and the effects information technology on banks, customer relationship The main research instruments used Are questionnaire fro staffs and customers of the bank. The simple frequency percentage was adopted as the statistical measure and hypothesis testing was analyzed using chi-square. In conclusion, the study reward that information technology has tremendously improved growth and performance of the Nigeria commercial banks. Information technology has lead to increase to increase customer satisfaction, improved operational efficiency, reduced transaction time, gives the bank a competitive edge. The research recommended that government should support and loan money to local firm to foster importation, lower tariff on importation of information technology related equipment and their agencies and regulatory bodies should upgrade their equipment as well and the banks should continuously implement customer centred IT products and services of international standard.
1.1 Background of the Study
The low productivity, profitability and efficiency of many Nigeria banks necessitate the introduction of information technology to find solution to the challenges of the present day banking system.
This paper has tried to assess the impact of information communication technology on the efficiency of thirteen commercial banks in Nigeria. Madueme Ifeoma Stella (2010).
The banking industry is one of the critical sectors of the economy whose contribute to the pace of development and economic growth cannot be fully quantified changes in today’s modern world reveals that the important of natural factors cannot equip the banking sector fully to grapple with the exigencies of global completion. Madueme Ifeoma Stella (2010)
According to Hanna (1994) information flexibility and fast response are the key new factors for coping with global competitoion information communication technology plays a critical role in these areas for the purpose of quality enhancement.
According to Hanna, information technology transforms the way people do things, increasing the amount of information available to economic agents, information intensity of processes, occupations, institution, product and economics. It enhances working of markets reduces transactions and co-ordination cost within an across enterprises and institutions.
Information technology has radically change how banking is doing all over the world, the volume and speed of banking transaction has improved tremendously as a result of quantuim growth in information technology which has created business opportunities for banks.
The positive impact of information communication technology on the global criteria, especially improved revenue corroborates with findings of Laudon and Laudon 2008 that studies the entire cash flow of most fortune 500 companies and linked their success to information system. They concluded that information technology directly affects how managers decide, how they plan and what products and services are produced.
The banking industry in Nigeria has witness tremendous changes linked with the development in information technology over the year. In Nigeria information technology gave birth to electronic baking. This represents benefit such as anywhere banking, anytime banking and elongated banking hours to customers. These benefits provide comfort, convenience and ease of use for banks transactions. Before the advent of electronic banking customers could only make transactions in the banking hall.
Electronic banking has facilitated the integration of the functions of some large banks that have several branches around the country on centralized network so that transaction can be carried out at any branch on the network without the customer being physically present in the branch Woherem (2005)
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Despite the fact that the introduction of information technology in the operation of the banks in Nigeria among others sectors has brought about noticeable development but at the same time, its brings about its attendant problems, because banks still find it difficult to strictly comply with the mission statement or corporate mission
High, incidence of bank fraud bone information technology. This fraud ranges from ATM card fraud, internet banking fraud, email and text message fraud.
1.3 Research Questions
This research work shall be guided by the following research question
- What impact does information technology have on the banking operations?
- To what extent does information have effect on banks customer relationship?
1.4 Statement of Hypothesis
The hypothesis to be tested in the course of this research work is
Null hypothesis - (Ho) There is no relationship between the adoption of information technology and modern banking operation.
(Hi) There is relationship between the adoption of information technology and modern banking operations
1.5 The Purpose of the Study
The general purpose of this is to examine the impact of information technology on the banking sector in Nigeria specifically the study aims to:
- Evaluate the impact of information technology on the operations of banking institutions in Nigeria.
- Examine the effect of information technology on banks, customer relationship.
1.6 Scope of the Study
The focus of this study shall be on the adoption of information technology in banking operation by Nigeria banks.
The researcher shall examine the electronic banking operation of United Bank for Africa (UBA) Bodija Branch Ibadan as a case study.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
The major problem that might be encountered during the course of the study is
- Inaccessibility of some vital information relevant for the purpose of the study because the researcher cannot be opportune to access into banking information unit to see how information is being processed.
1.8 The Significance of the Study
This study is expected to provide a better understanding of the impact of information technology in banking operations. It is expected to elaborate the present impact of information technology in banks to see the present stage of the banks and provide better solution to the challenges been faced by banks, as this study will help reveal possible challenges facing banks in Nigeria.
The outcome of this study will help to evaluate the adoption of information technology by Nigeria banks; it will also justify the application of information technology in banking service delivery in terms of profitability of banks.
1.9 Definition of Terms
Information is data that has been processed through the computer system. Information is processed or analyzed data that informs a recipient about a situation.
Information Technology: - According to Mejabi (2008), information technology is a general term that describes any technology that helps to produce, manipulate, store communicate and or disseminate information.
Data: - Data are raw facts, figures, event from when information can be developed a data is a basic raw fact that can be processed and converted to a meaningful output called information
Communication: - It is the transfer of idea or information from data processing system to ultimate user the ulti purpose of communicating is to inform the recover.
Online: - It is a term used for a direct or immediate communication link between two devices online lines are contracted with offline links in which only direct communication is possible
Offline: - This is the term used for input devices and auxiliary equipment that are under direct control of the central processing unit
Disk storage: - This is data storage on optional or
magnetic disk in memory system. It is characterized by low cost and
relatively fast access to data stored on it Longley and Shain (1998)
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPART OF ECONOMIC RECESSION ON THE BANKING INDUSTRY: A CASE STUDY OF OCEANIC BANK INTERNATIONAL PLC, UGHELLI» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The banking industry has been under going several changes in Nigeria in recent years. These c...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The background of electronic payments can be traced back to the 1870’s when Western Union (...Continue Reading »
3. IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON THE FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF SELECTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN NIGERIA» Chapter One 1.1 Background of Study1.2 Statement of the Problem1.3 Objectives of the Study1.4 Hypothesis Statement1.5 Significance of the Study1.6 Sco...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF TREASURY SINGLE ACCOUNT ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF BANKS IN NIGERIA BEFORE AND AFTER APPRAISAL APPROACH» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The banking sector is the engine of any nation's economy. The economic status of any nation depen...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANK IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA (A SURVEY OF SELECTED COMMERCIAL BANKS IN ETSAKO WEST L.G.A EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY Commercial banks play an important role in economic development of developing countries. Economic de...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The role of BVN aimed at curtailing hazards associated with social security and credit risk canno...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS CREDIT SUPPLY FACTORS ON PRIVATE SECTOR CREDIT FINANCING IN NIGERIA» Abstract The study examined theEffect of Deposit Money Banks (DMBs) Specific Credit Supply Factors on Private Sector Credit Financing in Nigeria. The ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Banking institutions require adequate capital to function effectively. This can be explained from the Fact tha...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF COMMERCIAL BANK CREDIT POLICIES IN PROMOTING SMALL – SCALE BUSINESS ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Commercial banks credit polices provides a wide range of financial services to individual, small or medium sized firms an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The rate at which fraudulent activities is going on in the country these days is becoming unbeara...Continue Reading »