Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Bank like other type of business enterprises are run to satisfy their customers need and make profit among other objectives. The achievement of these set of goals, depended only on the ability of banks to render efficient and satisfactory service to the customers. To enhance efficient and satisfactory service some bank then introduced the use of computer accounting in the operation while some other banks did not welcome computer accounting. They maintained that it would be more expensive than the manual operation and may eventually leads to bank failure. The application of computer accounting is a very innovative in banking operations.
Manual keeping of accounts and manual posting of accounts of various customers have been enormous considering the manual posting of salaries to the account of five hundred (500) staff, calculation of interest and commission to ten thousand (10,000) saving and current account to the end of the month. This assignment would take twenty staff more days, weeks to calculate and some time there may be errors, omission and miscalculations, like over or under charging of interest and commission leading to loss of revenue.
The computer can be able to carry out those assignments In a seconds. Some banks managers resisted the introduction of computer in their branches alleging that it will increase the fraud and collapse of banks.
Be that as it may be, some of the important factors to be considered before adopting the computer accounting are availability of framed personnel to manager the computer cost adequate power supply availability of computer experts and technicians to service the machines whenever, it breaks down, the study therefore is aimed at looking into the benefits or otherwise of using computer in banking operations. Eco bank Nigeria Plc is used as case study.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Some years before new computer has been in use in banking operation there, it is the intention of the researcher to know exactly the impact of computer to banking sector in Nigeria.
Ø Is computer a springboard for fast growth n banking sector?
Ø Does computer encourages laziness among workers in bank?
Ø Does computer perpetuate fraud in banking operation?
Ø Does computer make banking sectors to be more coordinated and regulated?
Ø Does computer facilitate accuracy and effectiveness in the calculation of rates and interest in banking services?
Ø Does the invention of computer bring out reduction in the number of workers in banking operation?
Ø Does computer fastening (help) in the calculation of staff emolument.
1.3 THE PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of the study is actually identifying the impact of using computer in bank. The purpose of the research study is as follows:
Ø To find out whether it has helped to increase the efficacy
Ø In banking operations.
Ø To look into the public misconception about the computer to see if it was responsible for that distress of some bank or not.
Ø To find out whether computer provides more account information about business operation.
Ø To find out what impact the use to computer has made in our banks and the economy in general.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study was limited to Eco bank Plc. To do this, the researcher formulated some hypothesis to guide him encountered a number of difficulties limiting factors of these time.
1.5 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The non-availability of standard textbooks, unwillingness of some of the company’s staff to give necessary information for fear espionage and at times being busy which necessities were never returned or responded to.
1.6 RESEARCH QUESTION
The researcher is true to say it is necessary to forward the below questions in pursuance of the research project work. The impact of computer in banking operation in Nigeria (A case study of Eco bank Nigeria Plc Obiaruku Delta State)
Ø Does the introduction of computer in accounting system of Eco bank Nigeria Plc help in speeding up banking operation service?
Ø Does the use of computer in bank enhance prompt calculation and payment of interest to customer as well as to the bank?
Ø Does the use of computer in the bank generally reduce much work load on the staff?
Ø Does the use of computer in bank led to efficiency storage usage and retrieval of information on any customer?
Ø Does the use of computer in banking system leads to banks distress?
1.7 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
Ho: Computer has not helped in speeding up the service in Eco bank plc.
Ha: The introduction of computer in Eco bank plc has helped in speeding up the service in Eco bank plc
Ho: The use of computer in banks did not enhance prompt calculation and payment of interest to customer as well as to the banks.
Ha: The use of computer has enhanced prompt calculation and payment of interest to customer as well as the bank.
1.8 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The result of this research work will no doubt be useful to the banking operation in general because it refers to the importance or usefulness of the research in the banking sector. The ultimate aim of every research is to provide knowledge and information that will bring about a better understanding of the topic under review. Those who opposed the introduction of computer in their bank will equally see that they are mistaken as the benefit surpasses the demerits.
Students and teacher in institutions of higher learning as the result of this research study may have laid a good foundation for further research.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Misunderstanding of works or concept used by the reader could easily lead to a wrong notion of the researcher idea. It will therefore not be out of place to define and explain the following terms in the study in line with their contextual applications.
Ø PRINTER: This device is used to produce keyed information. The printer converts data form machine readable to human readable.
Ø SOFTWARE: It refers to any collection of rules instructions or procedures to be followed in performing processing activates.
Ø BUSINESS: Druckey defined business as a process that converts an inside, resources, namely knowledge into outside results namely economic value.
Ø STORE: Supply or quality of information kept for use as held, that is kept ready for future use.
Ø CONPUTERISE: To store information in a computer or use computer to control an operation.
Ø LANGUAGE: It means a set of symbols conventions and rules used to write a program.
Ø LOW-LEVEL: This is computer language that is machine based.
Ø HIGH LEVEL LANGUAGE: This is computer language that is oriented towards the problems to be solved.
Ø INPUT: This is pertaining to a device, process or channel involved in the insertion of data into another device.
Ø HARD WARE: Physical equipment used in data processing as opposed to computer programs procedures rules and associates documentation.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Bank service delivery is concerned with the provision of quality services to customers. Obviously...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle pageApproval page.DedicationAcknowledgementTable of contentCHAPTER ONE:1.1 The background of the study1.2 Statement of problems1...Continue Reading »
3. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT AND FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN KENYA» ABSTRACT Financial risk is inherent in every commercial bank, but commercial banks that embed the right financial risk management strategies into busi...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF MICROFINANCE BANKS ON THE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF FORTIS MICRO FINANCE BANK)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It would be observed that, despite the presumed developments in the Nigerian economy, the cou...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN NIGERIA WITH CASE STUDY OF NDOKWA WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria has three tires of government in line with the federal system of government. The federal ...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPART OF ECONOMIC RECESSION ON THE BANKING INDUSTRY: A CASE STUDY OF OCEANIC BANK INTERNATIONAL PLC, UGHELLI» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The banking industry has been under going several changes in Nigeria in recent years. These c...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON MODERN BANKING OPERATIONS IN NIGERIA A CASE STUDY OF TEN SELECTED UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA ...» ABSTRACT Information and communication Technology (ICT) has become a key element in every house hold, economic development and every areas of human en...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The stock market is a common feature of a modern market economy and it is reputed to perform necessary functions, which promote the growth an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study "No well to do institute leaves the teaching of its business techniques to the traditional method...Continue Reading »
10. APPRAISAL OF THE ECONOMIC IMPLICATION OF ELECTRONIC BANKING IN NIGERIA BANKS (A CASE STUDY OF DIAMOND BANK)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Before the emergence of modern banking system, banking operation was manually done which lead to a slow down i...Continue Reading »