Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 23 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Women in Ese-Odo Local Government Area in Ondo State inspite of their daily roles to improve the existing standard are being looked down upon by their male counterpart as playing the second fiddle. A review of feminist literature indicate that there is now a demand for re-orientation of research and changes in methodological procedures used for complication of national income. There are at least three stands to this firstly; there is the issue that a considerable portion of women’s labour is not reflection in Ese-Odo Local Government statistics. This is a phenomenon due to the fact that the labour of the house wife is not traded and valued at market prices.
Secondly, there is the formal versus informal sector issue. On a world wide basis, but more so in the developing countries of the world women constitute the greater percentage of the informal sector labour forces. Thirdly, there is the rural-urban dichotomy more of ten than not, women are left behind when there is male migration from rural to urban areas. These three issues are mutually self explanatory as women get left behind in the rural areas. They have limited opportunities for self improvement. They are therefore suitable mainly informal sector employment. Their labour as house wives, house maids etc is not accurately affected in nation statistics. Another relevant issue is that where women are in selection for religions or social reasons, enumerators who are more often men cannot meet the women to accurately appraise their labour input.
PURPOSE OF STUDY
The objective of this paper is therefore to highlight the role of women in economic development of Ese-Odo Local Government Area in Ondo State with view to identifying attendant problem and suggesting possible solution.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
The basic premise of this essay is that the non involvement or marginalization of women in development programmes is wasteful and impedes effective economic development. Its effect is similar to inadequate use of factor of production in agriculture which means that the production possibilities curve is lower than it should be on the basis of this premise, the problem associated with the involvement of women in the economic development of Ondo State and strategies of solving these problems are discussed.
SCOPE OF STUDY AND LIMITATION
The study focuses on economic development of rural women farmers in Ese Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State. Ondo State is made up of local government area. As a result of time and financial constrains book on social studies and geography of Ondo State which relate to economic contribution of women in Ondo State are consulted. Questionnaires are written, to take a random sampling of economic contribution of women in Ese Odo Local Government Area in Ondo State.
H1: Rural women farmers have significant economic contribution to the economic development of Ese Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State.
ORGANIZATION OF WORK
The entire work I this project is divided into five chapters, chapter one is introduction, while chapter two review the literature of economic development, chapter three contain the methodological approach of the role of women in economic development in Ese Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State and the finding of what role women played which are not identified as economic development chapter four is discussion, while the last chapter of this project gives the summary of findings, conclusion and policy recommendations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study examined the effects of remittances on the livelihood of farm households in Enugu State Nigeria. Multistage random sampling techni...Continue Reading »
2. ANALYSIS OF WOMEN GINGER PRODUCTION AS A MEANS FOR ACHIEVING FARM HOUSEHOLD FOOD SECURITY IN KADUNASTATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study focused onanalyzing women empowerment through production of ginger for household food security in Southern Kaduna. Two Local Govern...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECT OF WORLD BANK ASSISTED COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT ON RICE FARMERS’ PRODUCTIVITY AND PROFITABILITY IN BADAGRY LAGOS STATE» ABSTRACT This research work evaluated the effect of the World Bank Assisted Commercial Agricultural Development Project on rice farmers’ product...Continue Reading »
4. PERFORMANCE OF FOREST MANAGEMENT COMMITTEES IN THE MANAGEMENT OF FOREST WOOD TREES IN CROSS RIVER STATE» ABSTRACT Out of all the forests and forest reserves in Nigeria that remained relatively undisturbed, significant portions of them have been lost in th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I 1.0 INTRODUCTION Agriculture, no doubt plays a significant role in the economic development in Nigeria, agriculture, whether subsistence pri...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT d' This study dealt on the economic analysis of ginger (Zirrgiher. qf~cinnleIi) marketing in Kaduna State, Nigeria. The specific objectives w...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Forest, which is a major source of resources in Nigeria, is currently facing accelerated degradation and depletion. The growing demand for ec...Continue Reading »
8. ANALYSIS OF RESOURSE USE EFFICIENCY AND PROFITABILITY OF MAIZE PRODUCTION IN SOME SELECTED AGRICULTURAL ZONES OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» Abstract The research considered the resource use efficiency and profitability of maize production in Kaduna state. Data collection was collected with...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Sugarcane (Saccharum Officinaum) is one of the most important crop in the world because of its st...Continue Reading »
10. ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF PLANTAIN (Musa paradisiaca) MARKETING IN FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY (FCT) ABUJA, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The broad objective of this study was to examine the structure, performance and efficiency of plantain marketing system in FCT Abuja and to d...Continue Reading »