Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 23 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Women in Ese-Odo Local Government Area in Ondo State inspite of their daily roles to improve the existing standard are being looked down upon by their male counterpart as playing the second fiddle. A review of feminist literature indicate that there is now a demand for re-orientation of research and changes in methodological procedures used for complication of national income. There are at least three stands to this firstly; there is the issue that a considerable portion of women’s labour is not reflection in Ese-Odo Local Government statistics. This is a phenomenon due to the fact that the labour of the house wife is not traded and valued at market prices.
Secondly, there is the formal versus informal sector issue. On a world wide basis, but more so in the developing countries of the world women constitute the greater percentage of the informal sector labour forces. Thirdly, there is the rural-urban dichotomy more of ten than not, women are left behind when there is male migration from rural to urban areas. These three issues are mutually self explanatory as women get left behind in the rural areas. They have limited opportunities for self improvement. They are therefore suitable mainly informal sector employment. Their labour as house wives, house maids etc is not accurately affected in nation statistics. Another relevant issue is that where women are in selection for religions or social reasons, enumerators who are more often men cannot meet the women to accurately appraise their labour input.
PURPOSE OF STUDY
The objective of this paper is therefore to highlight the role of women in economic development of Ese-Odo Local Government Area in Ondo State with view to identifying attendant problem and suggesting possible solution.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
The basic premise of this essay is that the non involvement or marginalization of women in development programmes is wasteful and impedes effective economic development. Its effect is similar to inadequate use of factor of production in agriculture which means that the production possibilities curve is lower than it should be on the basis of this premise, the problem associated with the involvement of women in the economic development of Ondo State and strategies of solving these problems are discussed.
SCOPE OF STUDY AND LIMITATION
The study focuses on economic development of rural women farmers in Ese Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State. Ondo State is made up of local government area. As a result of time and financial constrains book on social studies and geography of Ondo State which relate to economic contribution of women in Ondo State are consulted. Questionnaires are written, to take a random sampling of economic contribution of women in Ese Odo Local Government Area in Ondo State.
H1: Rural women farmers have significant economic contribution to the economic development of Ese Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State.
ORGANIZATION OF WORK
The entire work I this project is divided into five chapters, chapter one is introduction, while chapter two review the literature of economic development, chapter three contain the methodological approach of the role of women in economic development in Ese Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State and the finding of what role women played which are not identified as economic development chapter four is discussion, while the last chapter of this project gives the summary of findings, conclusion and policy recommendations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ADOPTION OF RECOMMENDED MANAGEMENT PRACTICES FOR QUAIL PRODUCTION IN GWALE AND KANO MUNICIPAL LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF KANO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The Studyassessed the adoption of recommended management practices for quail production in two selected Local Government Areas (Kano municipa...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 50 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
2. ANALYSIS OF COCOYAM (Xanthosoma sagittifolium and Colocasia esculenta) MARKETING IN RIVERS STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study examined cocoyam marketing in Rivers State, Nigeria. The specific objectives were to describe the systems of cocoyam marketing in t...Continue Reading »
140 pages | 438 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» Abstract This study examined snail production in Enugu State, Nigeria using cross sectional data. It was guided by five specific objectives namely: de...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 379 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Environmental degradation has become important global issues since the 1970s, when the world coun...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 259 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
5. ANALYSIS OF LIVELIHOOD DIVERSIFICATION BY FARMING HOUSEHOLDS IN SELECTED LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Thisstudy focused on analyse of livelihood diversification by farming households in Kachia, Kagarko and Jaba Local Government areas of Kaduna...Continue Reading »
82 pages | 43 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
6. AN EVALUATION OF NATIONAL FUNDING AND INVESTMENT IN THE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR OF NIGERIA (1970-2008)» ABSTRACT The research study evaluated National funding and investment in the agricultural sector of Nigeria (1970 2008). Information was gathered from...Continue Reading »
93 pages | 134 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACT There has been a drive on the part of consumers, producers, researchers and policy makers for a transition toward a new phase of agriculture....Continue Reading »
107 pages | 280 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» 1.1 Background Of Study Seed constitutes an important input in arable crop production. Without seeds, it would be virtually impossible to develop a st...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 351 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
9. ECONOMIC ASSESSMENT OF THE NATIONAL FADAMA DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME IN KANO STATE: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF BENEFICIARIES AND NON-BENEFICIARIES» ABSTRACT Fadama farming has contributed significantly to Nigeria’s agriculture in particular and the country in general, but the contributions h...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 394 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
10. IMPACT OF THE COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE CREDIT SCHEME ON THE PERFORMANCE OF BENEFICIARIES IN ANAMBRA STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study examined the impact of Commercial Agriculture credit scheme on the performance of beneficiaries in Anambra State, Nigeria. Simple r...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 158 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS