Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 80 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
One of the most effective uses of accounting information is decision making. Decision making has being described as a purposeful choosing from a number of alternative causes of action.
The accounting information provides managers with the necessary information they need. In this case, it is the accountants that provide the information with which the management uses for its decision making. Managements can only come up with a good decision if they are able to get correct accounting information from the accountant. In a situation where the accountant does not provide correct information: this is bond to affect the decision making of the management adversely.
The question now is, how business executive know the company is embarking on a favorable decision or unfavorable one. The answer to this question is based on the management and the accounting information.
According to Ray (1996), most top level business executives have background in accounting and finance than in any other field. The essence of using accounting information is to enable managers make wise decision. It is also used (accounting information) to set up system of internal control to increase efficiency and prevent fraud in companies.
Accounting information aids in profit making, budgeting and cost control. In a company, it is the duty of the management accountant to see that his company keeps good records and prepare proper financial regulations. Management accountants also need to keep up with the latest development in the use of computers and in the computer system design. Accountants provides many special reports for management, decision making. This function requires the gathering of both historical and projected data.
Indeed only a limited number of studies in international management research have focus on the role utilization of accounting information in the holistic context
of decision making strategies, processes and preferences (Carr etal 1994; woutersan and Verdaasdonk 2002).
Green wood and Hinings (1996) there is evidence which reveal the influence of accounting information in decision making process. it emphasize the important of a holistic context and which led to the integration of other institutional influence and multiple logics. It is in this context that the research wishes to evaluate the effectiveness and uses of accounting information for decision making in public sector.
In summary, accounting information is primarily concerned with data gathering from internal and external
sources analyzing, processing, interpreting and communicating the result (information) for use within the organization so that management can make more effective plan, decisions and control operations.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The central concern of management is decision. In making a sound decision the management needs some valuable and accurate information from the accountant. The
accountant is at the services of the management by providing the management with the necessary information which they need for decision making.
In recent times, it was observed that cases of mismanagement, fraud and irregularities prevail in the organization.
What then is the role of accounting information in Bank of agriculture? Has the role been affective? Does accounting information control fraud, mismanagement and irregularities? Does accounting information ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of management? This study is aimed at providing answers the above questions.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This research is aimed at examining how effective and efficient management apply accounting information in making business decision in public sector organizations.
The main objectives of this study are;
1. To identify how accounting information controls Fraud, mismanagement and irregularities.
2. To determine how useful and effective accounting information are to decision making in public sector organization.
3. To determine the relationship between the neglect of accounting information and decision making in public sector organizations.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
The purpose of the study is to highlight the use of accounting information in Bank of agriculture and disclose the obstacles involved in the demand and supply of information. This therefore propels the following research question for this study:
1. How does accounting information control fraud, mismanagement and irregularities?
2. How useful and effective is accounting information to decision making in public sector organizations?
3. What are the effects of in availability of accounting information in public sector organizations?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The null hypothesis is the one stated in a no difference form in effect of one or more independent variables on the dependent variable and is denoted as Ho. Alternative hypothesis is the one which predicts a difference and indicate the expected direction of that difference and is denoted as H1
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The recent phenomenon of distress banks and consequent liquidation of some of those banks have alteated closer attention from the government,...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM ON GOALS ACHIEVEMENT OF A MANUFACTURING FIRM (A STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO)» ABSTRACT This project lay emphasis on the impact of internal control system on goals achievement of a manufacturing firm. It is phenomenon for every o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The banking system is an important sector of the economy because it acts as an agent for mobilizing funds from those who ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research work is carried out specifically to appreciate value Added Tax as an important source of revenue to the government in Nigeria an...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF AUDITING IN CONTROLLING FRAUD AND OTHER FINANCIAL IRREGULARITIES (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIG. PLC, AKPAKPAVA, BENIN CITY)» ABSTRACT The objective of this project is to determine whether the board should expand what auditors report to financial statement uses, that is, whet...Continue Reading »
6. FACTORS INFLUENCING STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN ACCOUNTING STUDIES AT SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION IN ALIMOSHO EDUCATION DI...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to Study Teaching and learning process is a two way traffic where the teacher sends out the message while the ...Continue Reading »
7. DYNAMIC FORCES ON THE USE OF GOVERNMENT INTEGRATED FINANCIAL MANAGEMENTINFORMATION SYSTEM(GIFMIS): TOWARDS EFFECTIVE IPSAS IMPLEMENTATION IN NIGERIA» Abstract Primarily, this research aimed at identifying and assessing the effect of the forces behind successful implementation of Government Integrate...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The impact of financial reporting on the corporate performance of a business organization is becoming more ap...Continue Reading »
9. THE USE OF COMPUTER IN RECORDING ACCOUNTING INFORMATION, PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A STUDY OF BENDEL FEEDS AND FLOUR MILL, EWU, EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In this present world, individual, business men, firms and government have seen the effects of co...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Effective tax administration is an issue as old as taxation itself. The balancing act between max...Continue Reading »