Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 53 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Sandcrete blocks are composit4e material made up of cement, sand and water moulded into different sizes (Barry 1969). It is widely used in Nigeria and other countries like Ghana, inish as walling unit.
The quality of block produced however, differs from each industry due to the different methods employed in the production and the properties of the construction materials.
Blocks are those building unit used in the construction of wall and parhalicns. They are of sizes and weights that can be easily handled by the bricklayer, with the facing sizes and weights that can be easily handled by the bricklayer, with the facing surface layer than that of a brick but conveniently dimensioned. Sandcrete blocks are available for the construction of load beaning and non-bearing structures (Hodge 1971), load beaming blocks must conform to building by law as regard to their crushing and to the amount of solid mineral contained in section e.g. the total width of block. Sandcrete blocks also participate mainly in the task of transforming the actual load from the overlaying structured element to the foundation.
1.1 Background of the Study
The research on the compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow blocks produce in Kaduna metropolis, many research observed that the blocks produced by various block making industries have low compressive strength below the standard strength in BS 20228 specifications.
Some research bodies like British standard institution (BSI), transport and road research laboratory (TRRL) of U.K, Nigerian industrial standard (NSI) etc. have conducted extensive studies on Sandcrete blocks. Based on the findings from these researchers, various research bodies established average or minimum density and compressive strength and other specifications for building blocks.
Most of these specifications for Sandcrete blocks were not available to the production of sub-standard blocks and huge loss in the course of building and using of the Sandcrete hollow blocks in the Nigerian construction industry.
1.2 Research Question
* How can we improve student’s standard of learning for better used?
* How can this project research help us to understand the different compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow blocks? (Four Blocks Industries in Igabi, Chikum& Kaduna South Local Government as case study).
* How would this helps us to know the molding method and components of Sandcrete hollow blocks?
The aim of this project is to access the compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow blocks moulded from four (4) different block industries in Igabi, Chikumand Kaduna south local government in Kaduna state.
* To improve students learning standard for better used.
* This project research will help us to determined/understand the different compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow blocks produced.
* To know the molding method, components used and proportioning mixing habit.
1.5 Problem Statement
The main problem is the production of sub – standard block by some block industries, which lead to the mass failure of structures, huge loss in the course of handling and using of the Sandcrete hollow blocks.
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study focused on the accessibility of the compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow block used in building, with reference to some blocks industry in Igabi, Chikum& Kaduna south local gov’t by using various ratio and compare the strength with British standard (BS).
1.7 Limitation of the Study
This project work is limited to determining of the compressive strength of 9 inches Sandcrete hollow block moulded with machine in three local government of Kaduna state.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF CORPERATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF LISTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN NIGERIA» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Content vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE INTRODUC...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Many people want to be on their own following the nationwide campaign for self employment, this i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study Most countries at all levels of development, small and medium scale enterprises (Small medium ente...Continue Reading »
4. INFLUENCE OF INFLATION ON REPORTED PROFIT FOR DECISION MAKING IN FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The principal objective of this research is to ascertain the Impact of Sustainability Reporting on Corporate Performance of Selected Quoted C...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study For any organization to operate meaningfully there has to be clear direction of where it is lead...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The incidence of fraud and misappropriation of funds in recent time poses a threat to auditing as...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Credit generally denotes loans and advances made either directly or indirectly by a creditor (lender) to a debtor (borrow...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECTIVE OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT IN MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF BETA GLASS PLC UGHELLI, DELTA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Inventory is one of the resources that are managed by business organization and it was first reco...Continue Reading »
9. FINANCIAL STRUCTURE PATTERN AND SHARE VALUES OF SOME QUOTED COMPANIES IN NIGERIA. BY COMPARING 5 COMPANIES .» Abstract In Nigeria as one of the developing economy, financial markets not have the capacity to meet the financial necessities of business firms. Com...Continue Reading »
» Definition of AuditAudit has been defined in various ways but with little variations. According to Benin (2001) in his dictionary of management, Vol. ...Continue Reading »