Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 53 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Sandcrete blocks are composit4e material made up of cement, sand and water moulded into different sizes (Barry 1969). It is widely used in Nigeria and other countries like Ghana, inish as walling unit.
The quality of block produced however, differs from each industry due to the different methods employed in the production and the properties of the construction materials.
Blocks are those building unit used in the construction of wall and parhalicns. They are of sizes and weights that can be easily handled by the bricklayer, with the facing sizes and weights that can be easily handled by the bricklayer, with the facing surface layer than that of a brick but conveniently dimensioned. Sandcrete blocks are available for the construction of load beaning and non-bearing structures (Hodge 1971), load beaming blocks must conform to building by law as regard to their crushing and to the amount of solid mineral contained in section e.g. the total width of block. Sandcrete blocks also participate mainly in the task of transforming the actual load from the overlaying structured element to the foundation.
1.1 Background of the Study
The research on the compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow blocks produce in Kaduna metropolis, many research observed that the blocks produced by various block making industries have low compressive strength below the standard strength in BS 20228 specifications.
Some research bodies like British standard institution (BSI), transport and road research laboratory (TRRL) of U.K, Nigerian industrial standard (NSI) etc. have conducted extensive studies on Sandcrete blocks. Based on the findings from these researchers, various research bodies established average or minimum density and compressive strength and other specifications for building blocks.
Most of these specifications for Sandcrete blocks were not available to the production of sub-standard blocks and huge loss in the course of building and using of the Sandcrete hollow blocks in the Nigerian construction industry.
1.2 Research Question
* How can we improve student’s standard of learning for better used?
* How can this project research help us to understand the different compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow blocks? (Four Blocks Industries in Igabi, Chikum& Kaduna South Local Government as case study).
* How would this helps us to know the molding method and components of Sandcrete hollow blocks?
The aim of this project is to access the compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow blocks moulded from four (4) different block industries in Igabi, Chikumand Kaduna south local government in Kaduna state.
* To improve students learning standard for better used.
* This project research will help us to determined/understand the different compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow blocks produced.
* To know the molding method, components used and proportioning mixing habit.
1.5 Problem Statement
The main problem is the production of sub – standard block by some block industries, which lead to the mass failure of structures, huge loss in the course of handling and using of the Sandcrete hollow blocks.
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study focused on the accessibility of the compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow block used in building, with reference to some blocks industry in Igabi, Chikum& Kaduna south local gov’t by using various ratio and compare the strength with British standard (BS).
1.7 Limitation of the Study
This project work is limited to determining of the compressive strength of 9 inches Sandcrete hollow block moulded with machine in three local government of Kaduna state.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The changing complexity of business activities and the ever changing conditions of business envir...Continue Reading »
2. IFRS ADOPTION AND VALUE RELEVANCE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION: A STUDY OF LISTED INSURANCE FIRMS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Accounting literatures on value relevance research dates back to early 1960s with the remarkable ...Continue Reading »
3. THE PROBLEMS OF EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION OF REVENUE AVAILABLE TO LOCAL GOVERNMENTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ANINRI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU ST...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACK GROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria as a sovereign nation operates a federal system of government i.e the federal government, state gover...Continue Reading »
4. AUDITOR’S CONTRIBUTION TOWARDS EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION. ( A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK PLC OZORO )» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The crux of the project is to highlight the auditor contribution towards effective management of ...Continue Reading »
5. IMPACT OF PUBLIC RELATIONS ON A CORPORATE ORGANISATION (A STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC ENUGU ZONAL HEADQUARTERS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study For proper perception and understanding of this work, it will be wise to trace the historical backgro...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT An international wave of mergers and acquisitions has swept the banking industry as boundaries between financial sectors and products have bl...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT No doubt, the advent of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has greatly impacted human interaction ranging from political, religio...Continue Reading »
8. THE USE OF “UTAZI” LEAF EXTRACT (GONGRONEMA LATIFOLIUM) AS A MEANS OF EXTENDING THE SHELF LIFE OF A LOCALLY BREWED SORGHUM BEER.» ABSTRACT Sorghum beer is an indigenous African alcoholic beverage that has been long traditionally brewed in the Savannah region of Nigeria; over the ...Continue Reading »
9. THE INFLUENCE OF AUDITOR’S TYPE ON THE QUALITY OF FINANCIAL REPORTS OF MANUFACTURING FIRMS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years, the influence of auditors on financial reports of firms or companies all over the...Continue Reading »
10. CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL REPORTING PRACTICES: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF NIGERIAN AND SOUTH AFRICAN FIRMS» GLOSSARY OF TERMS Accounting: Is seen as the art of recording, classifying and summarising in a significant manner and in terms of money, transactions...Continue Reading »