Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 53 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Sandcrete blocks are composit4e material made up of cement, sand and water moulded into different sizes (Barry 1969). It is widely used in Nigeria and other countries like Ghana, inish as walling unit.
The quality of block produced however, differs from each industry due to the different methods employed in the production and the properties of the construction materials.
Blocks are those building unit used in the construction of wall and parhalicns. They are of sizes and weights that can be easily handled by the bricklayer, with the facing sizes and weights that can be easily handled by the bricklayer, with the facing surface layer than that of a brick but conveniently dimensioned. Sandcrete blocks are available for the construction of load beaning and non-bearing structures (Hodge 1971), load beaming blocks must conform to building by law as regard to their crushing and to the amount of solid mineral contained in section e.g. the total width of block. Sandcrete blocks also participate mainly in the task of transforming the actual load from the overlaying structured element to the foundation.
1.1 Background of the Study
The research on the compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow blocks produce in Kaduna metropolis, many research observed that the blocks produced by various block making industries have low compressive strength below the standard strength in BS 20228 specifications.
Some research bodies like British standard institution (BSI), transport and road research laboratory (TRRL) of U.K, Nigerian industrial standard (NSI) etc. have conducted extensive studies on Sandcrete blocks. Based on the findings from these researchers, various research bodies established average or minimum density and compressive strength and other specifications for building blocks.
Most of these specifications for Sandcrete blocks were not available to the production of sub-standard blocks and huge loss in the course of building and using of the Sandcrete hollow blocks in the Nigerian construction industry.
1.2 Research Question
* How can we improve student’s standard of learning for better used?
* How can this project research help us to understand the different compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow blocks? (Four Blocks Industries in Igabi, Chikum& Kaduna South Local Government as case study).
* How would this helps us to know the molding method and components of Sandcrete hollow blocks?
The aim of this project is to access the compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow blocks moulded from four (4) different block industries in Igabi, Chikumand Kaduna south local government in Kaduna state.
* To improve students learning standard for better used.
* This project research will help us to determined/understand the different compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow blocks produced.
* To know the molding method, components used and proportioning mixing habit.
1.5 Problem Statement
The main problem is the production of sub – standard block by some block industries, which lead to the mass failure of structures, huge loss in the course of handling and using of the Sandcrete hollow blocks.
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study focused on the accessibility of the compressive strength of Sandcrete hollow block used in building, with reference to some blocks industry in Igabi, Chikum& Kaduna south local gov’t by using various ratio and compare the strength with British standard (BS).
1.7 Limitation of the Study
This project work is limited to determining of the compressive strength of 9 inches Sandcrete hollow block moulded with machine in three local government of Kaduna state.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. TAX ADMINISTRATION IN NIGERIA; AN EVALUATION OF TAX EVATION AND AVOIDANCE: A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS STATE NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT This study aims to evaluate the causes and effects of tax evasion and avoidance in Lagos state and proffering solution to the menace of these...Continue Reading »
2. MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING TECHNIQUES IN MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERIES PLC. ABA)» ABSTRACT This project attempts to establish the vital role which management Accounting techniques play in manufacturing firms , A case study of Nigeri...Continue Reading »
3. TECHNIQUES OF MOTIVATING EMPLOYEES TOWARDS PEAK PERFORMANCE IN FINANCE INSTITUTIOS IN THE 21ST CENTURY ECONOMY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Motivation, as a process, started with a need in human being which creates a vacuum in a person. ...Continue Reading »
4. ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM AS A MEANS OF ENHANCING FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF TRANSPORT COMPANY (A Case Study Of The Nigerian Railway Corporation Enug...» ABSTRACT Accounting information system in a transport organization has been a great problem to the third world countries in general, which Nigeria as ...Continue Reading »
5. DEBT RECOVERY TECHNIQUES IN THE BANKING SECTORS ISSUES, PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK NIG PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Actually, for every successful business, there must be a debt in the sense that one person or customer must own the owner of ...Continue Reading »
6. AN ASSESSMENT OF GOVERNMENT PALLIATIVE MEASURES IN THE BANKING SECTOR DURING AND AFTER THE 2008 GLOBAL FINANCIAL CRISIS» ABSTRACT This study attempts to investigate the effectiveness of the government palliatives during and after the 2008 global financial crisis in susta...Continue Reading »
7. PERSONAL INCOME TAX PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS IN AKWA IBOM STATE (A STUDY OF BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE)» ABSTRACT Taxation is a fiscal measures used by government to control the economy as well as raise funds for infrastructural development, level up inco...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Given today complex and rapidly changing management climate, most large companies, major institut...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACK GROUND TO THE STUDY Bank was first introduced by early goldsmith in the olden days, the goldsmith kept the valuable asset of people. ...Continue Reading »
10. EVALUTION OF ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN AKWA IBOM STATE (A STUDY OF IBESIKPO ASUTAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» ABSTRACT This study appraised the Accounting system in the Local Government Councils in Akwa Ibom State in which Ibesikpo Asutan Local Government Coun...Continue Reading »