Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This paper work contains details of the design and construction of a remote control fan regulator. The system simply consists of an infrared (IR) remote transmitter with a coverage range of about 7 meters. The infrared signal from the remote transmitter is picked by an IR sensor which then feeds and signal amplifier which amplifiers the signal to a level capable of activating a counter. The output of the counter is fed through a transistor switch to activate the fan coil via electro mechanical relays which connect the appropriate winding to the fan motor.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
List of Figures
List of Abbreviations
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.4 Significance of study
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.0 History of fan
2.1 Types of Remote Control
2.2 Component Review
2.2.4 Voltage Regulator
2.2.6 Attracted armature type relay:
2.2.7 The 555 Timer 1C
3.0 Design and Construction
3.1 Working Principle
3.2 Circuit Diagram
3.3 Circuit Design Analysis
5.0 Discussion, conclusion and recommendation
5.2 Enclosure Construction
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig: 2.1: Reference trajectory
Fig 2.2: Error signal
Fig 2.3: Mechanical manipulator
Fig 2.4: Pulse-coded signal
Fig 2.5: Space-coded signal
Fig 2.6: Shift-coded signal
Fig 2.7: The figure above show how a remote control sends command to a television set
Fig 2.8: Diode
Fig 2.9: Voltage regulatory
Fig. 10: Power transistor
Fig 2.11: Relay internals
Fig. 2.12: Timing Interval Circuit.
Fig. 2.13: Resistor image
Fig 2.14: Components of a typical linear power supply
LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS
A.C Alternative Current
D.C Direct Current
VAC Alternative current voltage
VRM Actual supply voltage
VDC Direct current voltage
µƑ Micro farad
LEDS Light emitting diodes
VF The maximum forward voltage drop
VCC The supply voltage
RLED The LED current limiting resistor
IC Collector current
IB Base current
VB Base voltage
The first remote control, called “lazy bones” was developed in 1950 by zenith Electronics Corporation (then known as zenith Radio Corporation). The device was developed quickly, and it was called “zenith space command”, the remote went into production in the fall of 1956, becoming the first practical wireless remote control device (http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Remote control).
Remote control facilitates the operation of fan regulators around the home or office from a distance. It provides a system that is simple to understand and also to operate, a system that would be reliable and easy to maintain and durable irrespective of its usage. It adds more comfort to everyday living by removing the inconvenience of having to move around to operate a fan regulator.
Today, remote control is a standard on electronic products, including vicars, cable and satellite boxes, digital video disc players and home audio players. In the year 2000, more than 99 percent of all TV set and 100 percent of all VCR and DVD players sold are equipped with remote controls.
The average individual these days probably picks up a remote control at least once or twice a day.
Basically, a remote control works in the following manner, a button is pressed. This completes a specific connection which produces a code line signal specific to that button. The transistor amplifies the signal and sends it to the led which translates the signal into infrared light. The sensor on the appliance detects the infrared light and reacts appropriately.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PHYSICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This project is a construction of a module of a zener diode and how output voltage varies with increase in current in forwards bias using mil...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work on ”Possible effects of Electromagnetic Fields (EMF), Radio Frequency Fields (RF) and Microwave Radiation on human health&rdq...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is undertaken to measure the variation of terrestrial gamma radiation and the activity concentrations of U 238, Th 232 and K 40 in...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF RADIO-FREQUENCY RADIATION EXPOSURE FROM SELECTED MOBILE BASE STATIONS IN ZARIA AND ENVIRONS, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Base transceiver stations (BTS) or mobile base stations produce non ionizing (RF) energy that is radiated through its antennas into space. Th...Continue Reading »
5. DETERMINATION OF IRRADIATED CONTROL ROD WORTH OF NIGERIAN RESEARCH REACTOR – 1 (NIRR – 1) USING THE OPERATIONAL DATA» ABSTRACT An important parameter in the design and analysis of a nuclear reactor is the reactivity worth of the control rod which is a measure of the e...Continue Reading »
6. ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS OF LIQUID WASTE GENERATED BY BRITISH AMERICAN TABACCO COMPANY USING INSTRUMENTAL NEUTRON ACTIVATION ANALYSIS (INAA) TECHNIQUES» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Environment is a surrounding atmosphere or condition for existence. Some environment are cleaner than others and that is ...Continue Reading »
7. THE ASSESSMENT ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF SECONDARY SCHOOL PHYSICS SYLLABUS A CASE STUDY OF ABEOKUTA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ABEOKUTA OGUN STATE» ABSTRACT It is a well know fact that the act of learning and teaching of physics among secondary school students has been deteriorated to the extent t...Continue Reading »
8. A STUDY ON THE COMPETENCY OF PHYSICS STUDENTS IN THE USE OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF BENIN» ABSTRACT This study investigates the competency of physics students in the use of information and communication technology in University of Benin (UNI...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT There is a general believe today that the increased emission of green house gases especially carbon dioxides (CO2) which is believed to have ...Continue Reading »
» 1.0INTRODUCTION A laser based intruder alarm system as in this project work is a security system based on the use of laser beam. Laser is an Acronym f...Continue Reading »