Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This paper work contains details of the design and construction of a remote control fan regulator. The system simply consists of an infrared (IR) remote transmitter with a coverage range of about 7 meters. The infrared signal from the remote transmitter is picked by an IR sensor which then feeds and signal amplifier which amplifiers the signal to a level capable of activating a counter. The output of the counter is fed through a transistor switch to activate the fan coil via electro mechanical relays which connect the appropriate winding to the fan motor.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
List of Figures
List of Abbreviations
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.4 Significance of study
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.0 History of fan
2.1 Types of Remote Control
2.2 Component Review
2.2.4 Voltage Regulator
2.2.6 Attracted armature type relay:
2.2.7 The 555 Timer 1C
3.0 Design and Construction
3.1 Working Principle
3.2 Circuit Diagram
3.3 Circuit Design Analysis
5.0 Discussion, conclusion and recommendation
5.2 Enclosure Construction
LIST OF FIGURES
Fig: 2.1: Reference trajectory
Fig 2.2: Error signal
Fig 2.3: Mechanical manipulator
Fig 2.4: Pulse-coded signal
Fig 2.5: Space-coded signal
Fig 2.6: Shift-coded signal
Fig 2.7: The figure above show how a remote control sends command to a television set
Fig 2.8: Diode
Fig 2.9: Voltage regulatory
Fig. 10: Power transistor
Fig 2.11: Relay internals
Fig. 2.12: Timing Interval Circuit.
Fig. 2.13: Resistor image
Fig 2.14: Components of a typical linear power supply
LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS
A.C Alternative Current
D.C Direct Current
VAC Alternative current voltage
VRM Actual supply voltage
VDC Direct current voltage
µƑ Micro farad
LEDS Light emitting diodes
VF The maximum forward voltage drop
VCC The supply voltage
RLED The LED current limiting resistor
IC Collector current
IB Base current
VB Base voltage
The first remote control, called “lazy bones” was developed in 1950 by zenith Electronics Corporation (then known as zenith Radio Corporation). The device was developed quickly, and it was called “zenith space command”, the remote went into production in the fall of 1956, becoming the first practical wireless remote control device (http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Remote control).
Remote control facilitates the operation of fan regulators around the home or office from a distance. It provides a system that is simple to understand and also to operate, a system that would be reliable and easy to maintain and durable irrespective of its usage. It adds more comfort to everyday living by removing the inconvenience of having to move around to operate a fan regulator.
Today, remote control is a standard on electronic products, including vicars, cable and satellite boxes, digital video disc players and home audio players. In the year 2000, more than 99 percent of all TV set and 100 percent of all VCR and DVD players sold are equipped with remote controls.
The average individual these days probably picks up a remote control at least once or twice a day.
Basically, a remote control works in the following manner, a button is pressed. This completes a specific connection which produces a code line signal specific to that button. The transistor amplifies the signal and sends it to the led which translates the signal into infrared light. The sensor on the appliance detects the infrared light and reacts appropriately.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR PHYSICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF TOBACCO COMPANY EFFLUENT FOR RADIOACTIVITY AND OTHER PARAMETERS FOR GROUNDWATER AROUND THE COMPANY IN CHIKAJI, ZARIA, KADUNA, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Twenty (20) groundwater samples, four of which are control samples, comprising of ten (10) borehole and ten (10) locally hand dug wells were ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 41 hits | Source: PHYSICS
» ABSTRACT In this study of the physics of stars and their astronomical identification, it is evident that stars undergo certain physical processes as t...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 144 hits | Source: PHYSICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT A solar tracker is a device for orienting a photovoltaic array solar photovoltaic panel or conc...Continue Reading »
30 pages | 154 hits | Source: PHYSICS
4. ASSESSMENT OF RADIATION RISK TO PATIENT AND STAFF DURING HYSTEROSALPINGOGRAPHY (HSG) USING CONVENTIONAL X-RAY IN KATSINA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Scientific evidence has revealed radiation as one of the causes of cancer and the use of radiation in medicine is on a continuous increase; s...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 40 hits | Source: PHYSICS
5. DETERMINATION OF IRRADIATED CONTROL ROD WORTH OF NIGERIAN RESEARCH REACTOR – 1 (NIRR – 1) USING THE OPERATIONAL DATA» ABSTRACT An important parameter in the design and analysis of a nuclear reactor is the reactivity worth of the control rod which is a measure of the e...Continue Reading »
79 pages | 126 hits | Source: PHYSICS
» ABSTRACT This work on ”Possible effects of Electromagnetic Fields (EMF), Radio Frequency Fields (RF) and Microwave Radiation on human health&rdq...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 6 hits | Source: PHYSICS
» ABSTRACT There is a general believe today that the increased emission of green house gases especially carbon dioxides (CO2) which is believed to have ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 680 hits | Source: PHYSICS
8. EXAMINATION OF NATURAL RADIOACTIVITY IN BUILDING MATERIAL IN KATSINA STATE USING GAMMA RAY SPECTROSCOPY (A CASE STUDY OF CEMENT BLOCK)» AbstractTwenty Concrete Blocks from (20) different Local Governments in Katsina state wasmeasured using Gamma Ray Spectroscopy with NaI (TL) detector....Continue Reading »
86 pages | 376 hits | Source: PHYSICS
9. A STUDY ON THE COMPETENCY OF PHYSICS STUDENTS IN THE USE OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF BENIN» ABSTRACT This study investigates the competency of physics students in the use of information and communication technology in University of Benin (UNI...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 0 hits | Source: PHYSICS
10. IMPLEMENTATION OF RUNGE KUTTA ALGORITHM IN SOLVING A RADIOACTIVE DECAY EQUATION USING MICROSOFT EXCEL» ABSTRACT This project describes a differential equation of radioactive decay is numerically solved using the fourth order Runge Kutta method. In order...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 410 hits | Source: PHYSICS