Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study was carried out to examine the impact of new technology on the country’s broadcast media. To achieve this objective, four research questions formulated to guide the study. The data was collected from primary sources. The primary data were collected with the help of a well-structured questionnaire of two sections administered to staff respondents in Uyo metropolis. The collected data were analyzed with tables and simple percentages to analyze the research questions. The study reveals that the broadcast industry in Nigeria has been evaluated with a new communication technology and the specific view of economic and professional spheres in obtaining valuable information. The study concluded with some recommendations that the government should reduce value added tax on new media equipment, as this will help reduce the overall cost of the equipment in order to lessen the stations financial burdens and New media technologies have the capability to further the scope of broadcasting by broadening their horizon and making Nigerian broadcasting a world contender. This can only be achieved if the broadcast media go out of their way to procure new and better facilities.
1.1 BACKGROUND OFTHE STUDY
The past fifteen years or more, the world has played host to a lot of technological innovations or function value to the mass media. With these innovations came so alternations or change in the world.
Electronic communications involve the process by which message is sent across the globe through the use of computer, telephone. Unlike the fax system which allows one page of text to be transmit at a tone, electronic communication facility allows several pages of messages to be transmit to a gateway where they can be distributed to their various distributions. Furthermore, electronic communication involves any of several forms of information exchange between two or more computers through any of several methods of interconnection such as telephone line, satellite etc. This communication mode is rapidly spreading throughout the world as a fast, reliable and in most application and in expensive form of communication. It is fast and inexpensive because it can use existing public telephones lines.
The history of communication and information technology dates back the Shakespearian “ACTA Diura” that is the first hall mark of readable and persuadable information invention successful and any glaring society is dynamic and so is the communication world. As society continue to grow more and more horizons were explored and the opportunity to create something new. The present after that of the British with the primary aim of being a masters to pass out information and command to their subjects. Over the years, the broadcasting industry metamorphosed with changing western technology. The world is fast becoming a global village through the new communication; culture has been reduced into a more minute particles capable being held by our hands.
According to Uche (1989), Nigeria posses one of the world most exciting press system. It is really the birth of information super high waves.
However, the Nigeria electronic media are under a hectic and trying situation where the simplistic. Perception of the mass media as facilitators of mass communication and their sophisticate function as social actions are seen as exercising great influence in the life of any society or nation
Importantly, technology plays a vital role in the broadcast media or any mass media in Uyo (Nigeria). In the light of this fact, the Uyo broadcast media employs the use of these new communication technologies which include computer internet, satellite cable system, electronic mail (E mail) and fax system among others.
New communication technology, including accessible online publishing software and evolving mobile device technology means that citizens have the potential to observe and report more immediate than traditional media out let’s do. Swarms of amateur online journalist are putting this technology to use, on open publishing sites such as in day media and on countless weblogs, adding a grassroots dimension to the media landscape. Bloggers and other amateur journalists are scoping mainstream articles, which people who have been mark subjects of news articles are responding online, posting supplementary information to provide context and counter points. Increasingly the public is turning to online sources for news, reflecting growing trust in alternative media.
The computer communications are both progressing towards a compatible and useful co-existence perhaps that is why Oeffinger (1989) called it computer and communication.
The computer among all the other multimedia technology plays an important role of educating the audience. According to Aibsons (1975:215) “New methods of educating everyone to his highest ability will require increase accounts of tome, date, money and skill. Only computer assistants can many of these factors be developed to better levels of time. Thus the computer technology as in interactive mass medium is always available matter providing the station with new vitas and opportunity of sharing information with recovers or reaching the mass audience.
The scopes of the computer an educative medium has grown wider with the introduction of the internet they can no longer be retracted strictly to education on the internet’s, website is a form of learning which broadcaster cannot fail to capitalize on the web is one part of the internet which contains a global facilities to document which are stored on computers connected to the internet. This web provides facilities to enable people learn shop, conduct, research listen to news or music and also participate in live event from their computer screen.
Another resource of the internet is the electronic mail (E-mail). It is the most popular resources provided by the telecommunication equivalent of the postal services that deliver letter to the home and office through the computer. More than 80 percent of print journalists use the internet to help them do research and add depth and breadth to the news stories they write, while third of all broadcast journalist download audio and video files from websites. E-mail is another technology that aids mass communication. It simple allows with the type if terminal equipment used for online services to comprise, edit, store, rely to, receive and file electronic messages.
The 2015 Africa Nations Cup that was held at Equatorial Guinea, the Nigerian audiences were able to view and listen to at their home at the same time matches which took place shows the tendons impact of the satellite. Also the result concludes Olympic Games help in London was also another powerful impact of the satellite.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Through the changing global information, culture has created an avenue for the improvement of technology, the question however is, can the broadcast media handle any of the technologies (internet, E-mail, Fax system and satellite etc) in such a way as to bring out the required result.
The problem of this study stains from above questions we have all the sophisticated technologies present in Uyo broadcast media, but there is a problem of not have my enough skilled technical manpower that could handle, maintain and appreciate the unique qualities of the technologies of communication. The problem is such that many broadcast station connect themselves to vary with or commitment as shown towards maintenance and procurement of spare parts. As a result, much valuable equipment as often on lying because they cannot be repaired or maintained.
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study is to:
i. Evaluate the broadcast industry in Nigeria as utilizes of new or late communication technologies.
ii. Show the specific economic and professional spheres with a view to obtained valuable information to the audience
iii. Know the new technologies of communication to the broadcast industries and audience information as regards to the relevance of new communication
iv. Know the New communication technology that has been a remarkable improvement from the past.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following Research Question was considered:
1. How has the broadcast industry in Nigeria been evaluated with a new communication technology?
2. What is the specific view of economic and professional spheres in obtaining valuable information?
3. How do the media and audience know the relevance of new communication?
4. How has the New Communication technology improve the creative skills of broadcast professional in Atlantic fm broadcast house?
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The findings of this study will influence our media policy formulators. Media owners and operators in performing their respective duties in the internet of natural development and scanty.
The findings will also help relevant statutory and regulatory do dues to ascertain the strength or weakness of our broadcast media correlations and informs of the people of Uyo media house (Atlantic fm) in their use of new technologies to perform our duties.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this research work will only cover the people within Uyo metropolis. This focus will be on the people living around Atlantic fm station axis.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The research work may be faced with home and fund constraint being on Academic based research. The home allocated for this study is not enough as in combining the work of this study with daily academic routine. Also the study will be limited to some areas due to the problems of funds, shortage of text, journals and information relevant to this study.
1.7 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
a) Technology: technology as the scientific knowledge used in practical ways in army organizational structure.
b) Broadcast: this is a transmission of a Radio or television progamme aired to be received by anyone with a receiver.
c) Global Village: This means bringing the entire world door via digital, and the electronic hyper science means.
d) Satellite System: The satellite is a communication technology that operates by receiving electronic messages from ground and transmit them though other earth station.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION: The process of managing a business or an organization consists of the basic elements of planning, control and decision makin...Continue Reading »
2. DEBT RECOVERY TECHNIQUES IN THE BANKING SECTORS ISSUES, PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK NIG PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Actually, for every successful business, there must be a debt in the sense that one person or customer must own the owner of ...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECT OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANIZATION» ABSTRACT In this research work titled effect of accountability and transparency on the performance of the public sector organizations with particular ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE SUBJECT OF STUDY It is generally agreed that finance is the main stay of any economy, be it pub...Continue Reading »
5. TEACHERS’ MOTIVATION AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE SECONDARY SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION IN EZZA NORTH L.G.A OF EBONYI STATE» Abstract This study examines teachers’ motivation as a tool for effective secondary school administration in Ezza North L.G.A. Ebonyi State. Fou...Continue Reading »
6. ROLE OF ACCOUNTING RATIO ANLYSIS IN MEASURING FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF A FIRM AND AIDING INVESTMENT DECISION» ABSTRACT This study explains the various accoutning ratios that can be used in interpreting financial statements of businesses to determine the financ...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF INVENTORY VALUATION ON PROFIT MEASUREMENT OF THE COMPANY (A STUDY OF IDEMS ULTIMATE LIMITED, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According to Lucey T. (2009), stocks or inventory is one of the largest and most valuable current...Continue Reading »
8. EVALUATION ON THE EXPERIENCES OF PROCUREMENT OFFICIALS ON THE NATURE AND EXTENT TO WHICH PROCUREMENT PROCESSES IN NIGERIA EMBRACES SUSTAINABILITY CONS...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Sustainable procurement could be described as an acquisition process whereby public and private organizations ...Continue Reading »
9. DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT SECURITY PERFORMANCE AND CAPITAL MARKET EFFICIENCY, THE NIGERIA PERSPECTIVE» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE PROBLEMThe availability of information is crucial to the successful pursuance of virtually every human en...Continue Reading »
» `ABSTRACT The role of an internal auditor over the years has become increasingly important especially in the current economic situation as wealth crea...Continue Reading »