Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 62 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
According Richter, (2000), communication is the process of meaningful interaction among human beings. It is the act of passing information and the process by which meanings are exchanged so as to produce understanding. Communication is a process which requires a sender, a message, a medium and a recipient. Though, the receiver may not be involved or aware of the sender's intent to communicate at the time of communication; it is expedient that the communicating parties share an area of communicative commonality. Thus communication can occur across vast distances in time and space.
According to Daramola (2007) communication is ubiquitous. It takes place everywhere, everyday and every time. It is all around us. As a result, each and every one of us engages in communication with one another at home, in the office, school and industry. Organizations all over the world are either adjudged to be high, medium and/or low flyers depending on how they relate with their operational environment in terms of social responsibilities, task and service delivery to client and employees alike. How successfully an organization achieves its objectives, satisfies social responsibilities, or both depends, on its managers’ communication skills. If managers communicate well, the organization will probably achieve their goals, the nation as a whole will proper.
Today, there is increasing concern and debate, analysis and confusion around the world over how managers do their jobs – managerial performance in terms of administration– as it is with organizational performance – the measure of how well organizations do their job. Thus, effective communication is very essential for the continued corporate existence of every organization.
Good communication is vital to the effective co-ordination of it resources (human and non-human) into desirable and efficient working units. The importance of effective communication to managers or executives of organizations stems from two reasons. First, communication is the process by which managers accomplish the functions of planning, organizing, leading and controlling. Second, communication is an activity to which managers devote an overwhelming proportion of their time.
Rarely, are managers alone at their desks thinking, planning, or contemplating alternatives. In fact, managerial time is spent largely in face–to–face, electronic or telephone communication with subordinates, supervisors, and suppliers. When not conferring with others in person or on the telephone, they may be writing, dictating memorandums, letters, or reports or reading memoranda, letters or reports sent to them.
In the same vein Lukaszewski, (2006) opined that; “The greatest continuing area of weakness in management practice is the human dimension. In good times or bad, there seems to be little real understanding of the relationships between managers, among employees, and interactions between the two.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Communication over the years has been seen as a vital tool for effective performance and administration procedure in an organization; most organization in Nigeria has experienced decline in productivity; this could be as a result of staff negligence of designated duty simply because the administration unit did not say anything about it, it could also be as a result of poor operational structure and low prospects for logistics. Finally, most of the research has been carried out communication but not even a single research has been carried out on communication as indispensible tool for effective administration
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of this research work is to examine communication as indispensible tool for effective administration. Other specific objectives include:
1. to determine the effect of communication on administration of an organization.
2. to determine the extent to which communication influence administration of an organization.
3. to determine the factor affecting communication on administration of an organization.
4. to determine the relationship between communication and effective administration of an organization.
5. to proffer possible solution to the problems stated.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What is the effect of communication on administration of an organization?
2. What is the extent to which communication influence administration of an organization?
3. What is the factor affecting communication on administration of an organization?
4. What is the relationship between communication and effective administration of an organization?
5. What are the possible solutions to be given to the stated problem?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: Communication has no significant effect on the effective administration of an organization.
H1: Communication has a significant effect on the effective administration of an organization.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on communication as indispensible tool for effective administration will be of immense help to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Uyo, Akwa Ibom State in the sense that it will provide a suitable atmosphere for attainment of organization goods, boosting and morals of workers and higher productivity. The study will also. educate the administrative unit on the wise use of communication, how to communicate with fellow staff within and outside of the organization for effective administration. Finally the study will contribute to the body of existing literature and knowledge in this field of study and provide a basis for further research.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on communication as indispensible tool for effective administration is limited to Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Uyo, Akwa Ibom State because of their staff strength.
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Communication:The imparting or exchanging of information by speaking, writing, or using some other medium.
Indispensible:Absolutely essential and other people or things cannot function without them.
Effective: Successful in producing a desired or intended result.
Administration: The process or activity of running a business, organization, etc.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study People are exposed to a tremendous amount of commercial or non commercial information every day. ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Journalism is the collection, preparation and distribution of news and related commentary and feature...Continue Reading »
» Background to the Study The Nigerian presidential election has long been the greatest symbol of democracy in the country, from the Nigerian independen...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT OWNERSHIP ON MEDIA OBJECTIVITY ( A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN TELEVISION AUTHORITY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In this part of the world,media ownership first began with the activities of colonial missionarie...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background to the Study This work intends to assess the effect of news commercialization on news credibility in the b...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This dissertation, study‟s the transformation taking place in the field of sports journalism due to convergence made possible by the emerge...Continue Reading »
7. CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE OF NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMMISSION (NBC) IN CONTROLLING THE PERFORMANCE OF BROADCAST INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The human society we live in is that of law and ethics, control and regulations. In essence there...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In its 1956 history, the Nigeria news media has evolved from endorsing colonial missionary catech...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION New communication technology, including accessible online publishing software and evolving mobile device technology, mean...Continue Reading »
10. INTERNET PENETRATION AND THE ADOPTION OF TELEVISION STREAMING AMONG STAKEHOLDERS IN SOUTH-WEST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The Internet has revolutionised the different sectors of the society, including the media industry. One of the innovative applications of the...Continue Reading »