Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 57 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of the Study
This research work deals with tense errors in English essays of Secondary School. The research is to find out the type of tense errors committed by the students who have sat for their J.S.S.C.E examination.
1.2 Statement of Problem
It has been discovered that second language learners of English face some difficulties while learning the language. This is because most second language learners find it difficult to speak or write good English.
With the above in mind, this research work focuses on Tense Errors in English Essays of Secondary Schools Students This is to find out the tense errors the students make, the causes and possible suggestion of how to reduce the problems.
The work addresses the following questions:
1. What are the errors students made?
2. What are the types of errors?
3. What are the causes of the errors?
4. What are the possible solutions to these errors?
1.3 Aim and Objectives
The aim of this research is to study Tense Errors in English Essays of Secondary Schools Students
The specific objectives are;
1. To identify the errors in the essays of the students.
2. To classify the errors identified into types
3. To find out and explain the possible causes of the errors.
4. To provide solutions to the causes of the errors.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The falling standard of education generally could be attributed to poor comprehension of the English language lessons by students.
This is due to the fact that, English language serves as a bed rock for understanding other disciplines of learning S.S.C.E holders cannot fully communicate in the national language (English) and it is on this basis that this work focuses on the tenses in the students written essays.
1.5 Scope and Delimitation
This study is limited to the analysis of thirty scripts of S.S II Students of Maimuna Gwarzo in Kaduna South local government. The research is limited to found out tense errors made by students in the schools so as to provide the lasting solutions to aid teachers and students on how to guard against such problems.
1.6 Justification of the Study
This study is important as, it attempts to highlight the major tense errors committed by the students in their speaking and writing, and to provide the lasting solution on how to correct the errors.
This section deals with how data is collected for the research work. The study covers the use of tense errors in English essays of secondary school students of some selected secondary schools in Kaduna South Local Government. The data for this work is the essay papers of thirty students of the schools.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LINGUISTICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This research work was conducted in Keffi; it is an analysis of one of the numerous places that Hausa language has assumed the status of a li...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Language plays an important role in the society and this leads to the study of code mixing in relation to sociolinguistics and how code mixed...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTS This research is designed to examine language variation in relation to gender as a social factor, the thrust of this study is a sociolinguis...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The existence of taboo and sexism in Ohaozara dialect have be established. It is in the area of describing how culture influences language th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Language and style never moves beyond a concentration on the supremacy of words. These words somehow contain meanings, style is effectively l...Continue Reading »
6. AN INVESTIGATION ON THE LEVEL OF PHONOLOGICAL INTERFERENCE IN THE SPEECH OF HAUSA-ENGLISH BILINGUAL: A CASE STUDY OF USMANU DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY SOKOT...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Dedication iii Acknowledgement iv Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 Intro...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work is an Analytical literary study of the evolution of Arabic Poetry in the 21st century in Zaria city. The objective of whic...Continue Reading »
8. A DISCOURSE ANALYSIS OF PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN’S SPEECHES DURING NIGERIA’S INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATIONS» Abstract This research is on discourse analysis of the Independence Day speeches of President Goodluck Jonathan during the celebration of Nigeria&rsqu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Tenses refer to the form of a verb in English Language that clearly indicates time. We us...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgement iv Table of content vi Abstract x Chapter One – Introduction 1.0 Prea...Continue Reading »