The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 57 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of the Study
This research work deals with tense errors in English essays of Secondary School. The research is to find out the type of tense errors committed by the students who have sat for their J.S.S.C.E examination.
1.2 Statement of Problem
It has been discovered that second language learners of English face some difficulties while learning the language. This is because most second language learners find it difficult to speak or write good English.
With the above in mind, this research work focuses on Tense Errors in English Essays of Secondary Schools Students This is to find out the tense errors the students make, the causes and possible suggestion of how to reduce the problems.
The work addresses the following questions:
1. What are the errors students made?
2. What are the types of errors?
3. What are the causes of the errors?
4. What are the possible solutions to these errors?
1.3 Aim and Objectives
The aim of this research is to study Tense Errors in English Essays of Secondary Schools Students
The specific objectives are;
1. To identify the errors in the essays of the students.
2. To classify the errors identified into types
3. To find out and explain the possible causes of the errors.
4. To provide solutions to the causes of the errors.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The falling standard of education generally could be attributed to poor comprehension of the English language lessons by students.
This is due to the fact that, English language serves as a bed rock for understanding other disciplines of learning S.S.C.E holders cannot fully communicate in the national language (English) and it is on this basis that this work focuses on the tenses in the students written essays.
1.5 Scope and Delimitation
This study is limited to the analysis of thirty scripts of S.S II Students of Maimuna Gwarzo in Kaduna South local government. The research is limited to found out tense errors made by students in the schools so as to provide the lasting solutions to aid teachers and students on how to guard against such problems.
1.6 Justification of the Study
This study is important as, it attempts to highlight the major tense errors committed by the students in their speaking and writing, and to provide the lasting solution on how to correct the errors.
This section deals with how data is collected for the research work. The study covers the use of tense errors in English essays of secondary school students of some selected secondary schools in Kaduna South Local Government. The data for this work is the essay papers of thirty students of the schools.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LINGUISTICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of contents vi L...Continue Reading »
33 pages | 77 hits | Source: LINGUISTICS
» Abstract. The study was carried out to determine the major areas of difficulty experienced by the students, and it is hoped that some of the findings ...Continue Reading »
104 pages | 20 hits | Source: LINGUISTICS
3. A LEXICO-SEMANTIC STUDY OF THE LANGUAGE OF ADVERTISEMENT IN PIDGIN ENGLISH: A CASE STUDY OF RADIO NIGERIA PRIDE FM GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE» ABSTRACT This work concern on how the meaning of the words/lexis can be utilized in the language of advertisement in Pidgin English. Furthermore, the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 47 hits | Source: LINGUISTICS
4. AN INVESTIGATION ON THE LEVEL OF PHONOLOGICAL INTERFERENCE IN THE SPEECH OF HAUSA-ENGLISH BILINGUAL: A CASE STUDY OF USMANU DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY SOKOT...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Dedication iii Acknowledgement iv Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 Intro...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 68 hits | Source: LINGUISTICS
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 INTRODUCTION Stylistics is the study and interpretation of texts from literary and linguistic perspectives. As a ...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 250 hits | Source: LINGUISTICS
» ABSTRACT For communication to be effective in any human society, the appropriate language must be put in to use in the appropriate context. This work ...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 199 hits | Source: LINGUISTICS
» ABSTRACT In the current Igbo linguistic demand for a dear cut dialectal description, analysis of the phonological aspect of various Igbo dialects beco...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 28 hits | Source: LINGUISTICS
» ABSTRACT This study analyses some selected Nigerian English expressions. The expressions context are made up of forty (40) established English express...Continue Reading »
82 pages | 0 hits | Source: LINGUISTICS
9. THE INFLUENCE OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE ON OUR NIGERIAN INDIGENOUS LANGUAGES: EXAMPLES OF BORROWING FROM ENGLISH INTO YORUBA BY UNILORIN UNDERGRADUATES» ABSTRACT Generally speaking, it seems unlikely that English will cease to be used elaborately in Nigeria in a foreseeable future. This research work t...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 203 hits | Source: LINGUISTICS
» ABSTRACT This research work appraises the nature of language use in diplomacy especially as it concerns the Nigeria foreign policy as evident in the N...Continue Reading »
87 pages | 32 hits | Source: LINGUISTICS