Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 57 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
CHAPTER ONE: GENERAL INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of the Study
This research work deals with tense errors in English essays of Secondary School. The research is to find out the type of tense errors committed by the students who have sat for their J.S.S.C.E examination.
1.2 Statement of Problem
It has been discovered that second language learners of English face some difficulties while learning the language. This is because most second language learners find it difficult to speak or write good English.
With the above in mind, this research work focuses on Tense Errors in English Essays of Secondary Schools Students This is to find out the tense errors the students make, the causes and possible suggestion of how to reduce the problems.
The work addresses the following questions:
1. What are the errors students made?
2. What are the types of errors?
3. What are the causes of the errors?
4. What are the possible solutions to these errors?
1.3 Aim and Objectives
The aim of this research is to study Tense Errors in English Essays of Secondary Schools Students
The specific objectives are;
1. To identify the errors in the essays of the students.
2. To classify the errors identified into types
3. To find out and explain the possible causes of the errors.
4. To provide solutions to the causes of the errors.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The falling standard of education generally could be attributed to poor comprehension of the English language lessons by students.
This is due to the fact that, English language serves as a bed rock for understanding other disciplines of learning S.S.C.E holders cannot fully communicate in the national language (English) and it is on this basis that this work focuses on the tenses in the students written essays.
1.5 Scope and Delimitation
This study is limited to the analysis of thirty scripts of S.S II Students of Maimuna Gwarzo in Kaduna South local government. The research is limited to found out tense errors made by students in the schools so as to provide the lasting solutions to aid teachers and students on how to guard against such problems.
1.6 Justification of the Study
This study is important as, it attempts to highlight the major tense errors committed by the students in their speaking and writing, and to provide the lasting solution on how to correct the errors.
This section deals with how data is collected for the research work. The study covers the use of tense errors in English essays of secondary school students of some selected secondary schools in Kaduna South Local Government. The data for this work is the essay papers of thirty students of the schools.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LINGUISTICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Advertising is one of the means through which marketers or manufacturers convince buyers to patronize their products. It involves the dissemi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 INTRODUCTION Stylistics, a branch of linguistics which developed from the ancient Greek rhetoric through the Swis...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The In sourcing and/or Outsourcing decision is referred to in purchasing as sourcing policy decisi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.0 Introduction This research is a comparative study of Enuani dialect of Igbo and the Igbo language spoken in Im...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work appraises the nature of language use in diplomacy especially as it concerns the Nigeria foreign policy as evident in the N...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study One aspect of language study that attracts much attention today is sociolinguistics. It examines ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Translation as a vehicle for effective communication has contributed in so many ways in education, information dissemination, cultural transf...Continue Reading »
8. ECOLOGY AND LITERATURE IN NIGER DELTA: PERSPECTIVES FROM CHIMEKA GARRICKS’ TOMORROW DIED YESTERDAY AND HELON HABILA’S OIL ON WATER» ABSTRACT Ecology and literature in the Niger Delta region exposes the significant devastation of the environment by oil exploration in the region whic...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study analyses some selected Nigerian English expressions. The expressions context are made up of forty (40) established English express...Continue Reading »
10. AN IGBO TRANSLATION OF EZE GOES TO SCHOOL BY ONUORA NZEKWU AND MICHAEL CROWDER: PROBLEMS AND PRINCIPLES» Abstract Translation of prose falls under “literary translation” that involves these other genres: poetry and drama. In literary translati...Continue Reading »