Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 46 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-4 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
Analysis on a discourse level has been used in the analysis of texts, but this study attempts to carry out a Critical Discourse Analysis of Ola Rotimi’s Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again. The Norman Fairclough theory has been applied in this approach, paying more attention on the socio cultural and political issues in the text. The text, is a social drama which the author has used to expose some societal ills in the society, gender inequality and power relations in the text.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Table of contents vi
1.0 Introduction 1
1.2 Scope of the study 2
1.3 Justification 3
1.4 Methodology 3
1.5 Data description 4
1.6 Author’s background 4
2.0 Discourse 6
2.1 Discourse analysis 7
2.2 A brief history of CDA 8
2.3 Definitions of CDA 9
2.4 Approaches to CDA 11
3.0 Introduction 17
3.1 Data analysis 17
4.0 Summary 39
4.1 Findings 39
4.2 Conclusion 40
4.3 Recommendations 41
”Discourse” refers to expressing oneself using words Critical Discourse Analysis (CDA) is concerned with studying and analyzing written texts and spoken words to reveal the discursive sources of power, dominance, inequality and bias and how this sources are initiated, maintained, reproduced and transformed within specific social, economic, political and historical contexts. CDA along with other related disciplines attempts to reveal hidden meanings i.e. the ideological loads of the language and the exercise of power. CDA is a contemporary approach to the study of language and discourses in social institutions. It focuses on how social relations, identity, knowledge and power are constructed through written and spoken texts in communities, schools and classrooms.
CDA aims to make its users aware of and able to describe and deconstruct vectors and effects in texts and semiotic materials generally which might otherwise remain to wield power uncritiqued. In there respects, CDA may be a kind of wake up cal, or consciousness, rising about the coercive or anti-demo criticizing effects of the discourses we live by. Critical discourse analysts take explicit position and thus want to understand, expose and ultimately resist social inequality. In other words, CDA may be seen as a reaction against the dominant formal (social or uncritical most times) paradigms of the 1960’s and 1970’s.
This project focuses on an attempt to carry out a Critical Discourse Analysis of Ola Rotimi’s Our Husband has Gone Mad Again. This chapter therefore focuses on the purpose of study, scope of the study, justification, methodology, data description and author’s background.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTThe contemporary African Literature is believed to be a revolutionary literature that looks critical into contemporary social situations with ...Continue Reading »
2. CHARACTER FORMATION IN CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE’S PURPLE HIBISCUS AND KAINE AGARY’S YELLOW-YELLOW» ABSTRACT This work analyses two novels by contemporary Nigerian female writers – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Purple Hib...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This project is an attempt to study some of the semantic redundancies found in students' speech. This is with ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study, “Satire in Ngugi wa Thiong‟o‟s Wizard of the Crow and Matigari focuses attention on the marginalised members of the soc...Continue Reading »
5. A STYLISTIC STUDY OF PARALLELISM IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SPEECHES OF PRESIDENTS BARRACK OBAMA AND GOODLUCK JONATHAN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The role of language in every society is multifunctional; it serves various purposes ranging from...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Christian handbills are one of the leading non verbal means of communication in the society today especially the church handbills and posters...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The primary focus and interest of stylistics has been the analysis of style in any instance of language use, it examines both oral discourse ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nupe is a minority language spoken by the Nupe ethnic group in Nigeria. The morphology of Nupe has so far not been studied adequately in a wa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Tanure Ojaide is a well known personality in African creative writing. A literary critic and ...Continue Reading »
10. RACISM AND OPPRESSION IN BLACK AMERICAN LITERATURE: A STUDY OF RICHARD WRIGHT'S NATIVE SON AND BLACK BOY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The novel black boy and native son reflects the racism and oppression of the black people at ever...Continue Reading »