Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 46 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-4 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
Analysis on a discourse level has been used in the analysis of texts, but this study attempts to carry out a Critical Discourse Analysis of Ola Rotimi’s Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again. The Norman Fairclough theory has been applied in this approach, paying more attention on the socio cultural and political issues in the text. The text, is a social drama which the author has used to expose some societal ills in the society, gender inequality and power relations in the text.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Table of contents vi
1.0 Introduction 1
1.2 Scope of the study 2
1.3 Justification 3
1.4 Methodology 3
1.5 Data description 4
1.6 Author’s background 4
2.0 Discourse 6
2.1 Discourse analysis 7
2.2 A brief history of CDA 8
2.3 Definitions of CDA 9
2.4 Approaches to CDA 11
3.0 Introduction 17
3.1 Data analysis 17
4.0 Summary 39
4.1 Findings 39
4.2 Conclusion 40
4.3 Recommendations 41
”Discourse” refers to expressing oneself using words Critical Discourse Analysis (CDA) is concerned with studying and analyzing written texts and spoken words to reveal the discursive sources of power, dominance, inequality and bias and how this sources are initiated, maintained, reproduced and transformed within specific social, economic, political and historical contexts. CDA along with other related disciplines attempts to reveal hidden meanings i.e. the ideological loads of the language and the exercise of power. CDA is a contemporary approach to the study of language and discourses in social institutions. It focuses on how social relations, identity, knowledge and power are constructed through written and spoken texts in communities, schools and classrooms.
CDA aims to make its users aware of and able to describe and deconstruct vectors and effects in texts and semiotic materials generally which might otherwise remain to wield power uncritiqued. In there respects, CDA may be a kind of wake up cal, or consciousness, rising about the coercive or anti-demo criticizing effects of the discourses we live by. Critical discourse analysts take explicit position and thus want to understand, expose and ultimately resist social inequality. In other words, CDA may be seen as a reaction against the dominant formal (social or uncritical most times) paradigms of the 1960’s and 1970’s.
This project focuses on an attempt to carry out a Critical Discourse Analysis of Ola Rotimi’s Our Husband has Gone Mad Again. This chapter therefore focuses on the purpose of study, scope of the study, justification, methodology, data description and author’s background.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ENEMIES OF THEIR OWN: FEMALE CHARACTERS IN NAWAL EL SAADAWI’S WOMAN AT POINT ZERO AND REBEKA NJAU’S RIPPLES IN THE POOL» ABSTRACT Feminism in Africa has occupied a very sensitive position in African literature as feminist writers have contributed to its growth through th...Continue Reading »
2. LANGUAGE BEHAVIOUR AND ITS EFFECTS IN A MULTILINGUAL SETTING: A SOCIOLINGUISTIC DESCRIPTION OF OGORI/MAGONGO PEOPLE OF KOGI STATE» ABSTRACT Multilingualism has been defined as the ability of an individual to speak two or more languages in any communicative event. Therefore, intra ...Continue Reading »
3. A PHONELOGICAL ANALYSIS OF ENGLISH FRICATIVES AS USED AMONG THE YORUBA SPEAKERS OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE» ABSTRACTThis research work is a cursory observation of how the English Fricatives are used among the Yoruba speakers of English Language.At the phonem...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT THROUGH LANGUAGE COMMUNICATION IN AN ORGANIZATION: A STUDY OF DELTA STATE POLYTECHNIC, OGWASHI-UKU» Abstract The purpose of this study is to ascertain how verbs are formed in the two Languages. In contact, namely; English and Languages were extensive...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT African literary elites have responded to the call by Africans to free the continent from all forms of colonial and slave mentality. While ot...Continue Reading »
6. EFFORTS OF SOME NIGERIAN FEMALE WRITERS WHO USE THEIR PROACTIVE WRITING TO AGITATE FOR CHANGE IN THE ADVERSE CULTURAL FORCES THAT MILIATE AGAINST ANY...» INTRODUCTION The earliest novelist in Africa were men before the advent of female writers in the scene. Then, the male writers portray women as instru...Continue Reading »
7. MENACE OF TEXT MESSAGE ABBREVIATIONS ON ENGLISH LANGUAGE EXAMINATIONS (A STUDY OF THREE SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OKOTA L.G.A)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Text message (TM) simply refers to the use of abbreviations that might not necessarily be univers...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction This chapter will look into the background and the general introduction of feminism using Buchi Emec...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF THE NIGERIAN PIDGIN ENGLISH ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF UNIVERSITY STUDENTS IN NIGERIA. ACASE STUDY OF NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NI...» ABSTRACT The subject matter of this research work is to examine the effect of Nigerian Pidgin English on the academic performance among National Open ...Continue Reading »
10. SCHOOL VARIABLES AND STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN ESSIEN UDIM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The nation’s overall development is inextricably tied to its educational system, since educ...Continue Reading »