Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 37 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Nigeria is a country with numerous business and investment potentials due to the abundant, vibrant and dynamic human and natural resources it possesses ( Utomi, 2011). Although, it is a nation blessed with numerous natural and material resources but large proportion of the population live in abject poverty as a result of unemployment problems.
Nigeria is still one of the poorest countries in the world and has one of the highest rates of youth unemployment in sub-Sahara Africa Chukwubuikem (2008).Youth unemployment is a critical problem in Nigeria and other African countries.
The situation of the Nigerian youths in the labour market has remained a worrisome development, as youth unemployment and job losses have become a national issue which the government of the day is yet to address. More worrisome is the poor working condition and the paltry remuneration of some employed youths, and the increase in the number of those withdrawn from the workforce. Youths have well spring of ideas for innovation which would spur economic, political and social growth if harnessed. It is expected that youths be gainfully engaged.
However, unemployment has remained a perennial problem that Nigerian youths have lived to battle with every day. Self-employment in small enterprises has been identified as a partial solution (Nelson, 2006; Republic of Kenya, 2002).Hopefully, entrepreneurship education can play a major role in changing attitudes of young people and providing them with skills that will enable them to start and manage small enterprises at some point in their lives (Oyelola O.T et al 2014). Many other countries have been able to energize and transform entrepreneurship sub-sector to such a vibrant one that they have been able to reduce to the barest minimum their unemployment and poverty level because of the immense contribution of the sub-sector to their economic growth and development, but such cannot be said of Nigeria (Onugu, 2005). Research by White and Kenyon (2000) alsofound a ‘flourishing youth enterprise culture’ in the United Kingdom among young entrepreneurs aged 18-24 years.
In Nigeria, it was show that 25% of the youth are self-employed (Chigunta, 2001). Most of these young people especially, younger youth, tend to be concentrated in marginal trading and service activities. Also, findings in Ghana of small scale enterprises reveal that young people owned almost 40 percent of the enterprises (Osei, Baah-Nuakoh, Tutu, and Sowa, 2003). Similarly, research in South Africa suggests that the probability of self-employment among young people rises with age (Chigunta, 2001).
2.0 Aim and objectives of the paper
The main aim of the paper is to determine the influence entrepreneurial education women and youth development in Yakur local government areas of Cross River State. Other objectives of the paper are:
1. to examine whether women and youth participate fully in small scale business
2. to determine the extent to which entrepreneurial education has influenced the attitude of women and youths towards entrepreneurship
to investigate on the factors affecting the implementation of entrepreneurial education in Yakur Local government area of Cross River State
 Abubakar, S.G.(2010).Refocusing Education System towards Entrepreneurship Development in Nigeria:A Tool for Poverty Alleviation. European Journal of Social Sciences.Vol 15(1):140-150.
 Alex.Ike.Ikeme (2012).Readings in Entrepreneurship: Bridging learning and earning, Enugu, Grand-Heritage Publisher
 Adebayo A (1999). Youth Unemployment and National Directorate of Employment Self Employment Programmes. Nigerian Journal ofEconomics andSocial Studies 41(1): 81-102
 AdejumoG(2001). Indigenous entrepreneurship development inNigeria: characteristics, problems and prospects. Advances inManagement: Journal of Department of Business Administration, University of Ilorin, Ilorin Nigeria, 2(1): 112-122
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The pace at which teachers are motivated for greater service is deteriorating in Nigeria is alarming. The fall in performance and productivit...Continue Reading »
93 pages | 268 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT The aim of the research is to find out the reactions of parents towards their children's education in view of the present level of unemployme...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 471 hits | Source: EDUCATION
3. QUESTIONNIARE THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE PLANNING ON TEACHING AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT ON TEACHING AND LEARNING OF INTREGRATED SCIENCE IN SECONDARY SCH...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigerian Educational System has gone through various developments and changes viz a viz curriculu...Continue Reading »
38 pages | 378 hits | Source: EDUCATION
4. Influence OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING IN on student academic performance in SECONDARY SCHOOL in ibesikpo asutan local government area» ABSTRACT This research assessed guidance and counseling service in Abubakar Gumi College, Sabo Kaduna. Efforts were made to assess the conditions the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 215 hits | Source: EDUCATION
5. SCHOOL VARIABLES AND STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN ECONOMICS IN ESSIEN UDIM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT This study examined the influence of school variables on academic performance of students in Economics in Essien Udim Local Government Area o...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 634 hits | Source: EDUCATION
6. HOME VIDEO VIEWERSHIP AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN SELECTED PUBLIC SCHOOL (SCHOOLS IN KADUNA AS A CASE STUDY)» Abstract The study investigated the influence of home television viewing on academic achievement of children in upper Basic Education Level in Kaduna ...Continue Reading »
86 pages | 293 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY SKILLS NEEDS OF ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS IN COLLEGES OF EDUCATION IN BAYELSA AND RIVERS STATES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Information has to do with analyzed data because it is what has been adequately conceptualized that c...Continue Reading »
132 pages | 280 hits | Source: EDUCATION
8. WORKSHOP MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF SKILLS ACQUISITION IN ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Technical Education is that aspect of education designed to prepare individuals for employment in speci...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 206 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. THE INFLUENCE OF SMART PHONES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS STUDENT» Abstract The study investigated the influence of smart phones and social networking sites on the academic performance of secondary school students in ...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 50 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study School is one of the social institutions that is responsible for the development and training of ...Continue Reading »
83 pages | 244 hits | Source: EDUCATION