Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 37 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Nigeria is a country with numerous business and investment potentials due to the abundant, vibrant and dynamic human and natural resources it possesses ( Utomi, 2011). Although, it is a nation blessed with numerous natural and material resources but large proportion of the population live in abject poverty as a result of unemployment problems.
Nigeria is still one of the poorest countries in the world and has one of the highest rates of youth unemployment in sub-Sahara Africa Chukwubuikem (2008).Youth unemployment is a critical problem in Nigeria and other African countries.
The situation of the Nigerian youths in the labour market has remained a worrisome development, as youth unemployment and job losses have become a national issue which the government of the day is yet to address. More worrisome is the poor working condition and the paltry remuneration of some employed youths, and the increase in the number of those withdrawn from the workforce. Youths have well spring of ideas for innovation which would spur economic, political and social growth if harnessed. It is expected that youths be gainfully engaged.
However, unemployment has remained a perennial problem that Nigerian youths have lived to battle with every day. Self-employment in small enterprises has been identified as a partial solution (Nelson, 2006; Republic of Kenya, 2002).Hopefully, entrepreneurship education can play a major role in changing attitudes of young people and providing them with skills that will enable them to start and manage small enterprises at some point in their lives (Oyelola O.T et al 2014). Many other countries have been able to energize and transform entrepreneurship sub-sector to such a vibrant one that they have been able to reduce to the barest minimum their unemployment and poverty level because of the immense contribution of the sub-sector to their economic growth and development, but such cannot be said of Nigeria (Onugu, 2005). Research by White and Kenyon (2000) alsofound a ‘flourishing youth enterprise culture’ in the United Kingdom among young entrepreneurs aged 18-24 years.
In Nigeria, it was show that 25% of the youth are self-employed (Chigunta, 2001). Most of these young people especially, younger youth, tend to be concentrated in marginal trading and service activities. Also, findings in Ghana of small scale enterprises reveal that young people owned almost 40 percent of the enterprises (Osei, Baah-Nuakoh, Tutu, and Sowa, 2003). Similarly, research in South Africa suggests that the probability of self-employment among young people rises with age (Chigunta, 2001).
2.0 Aim and objectives of the paper
The main aim of the paper is to determine the influence entrepreneurial education women and youth development in Yakur local government areas of Cross River State. Other objectives of the paper are:
1. to examine whether women and youth participate fully in small scale business
2. to determine the extent to which entrepreneurial education has influenced the attitude of women and youths towards entrepreneurship
to investigate on the factors affecting the implementation of entrepreneurial education in Yakur Local government area of Cross River State
 Abubakar, S.G.(2010).Refocusing Education System towards Entrepreneurship Development in Nigeria:A Tool for Poverty Alleviation. European Journal of Social Sciences.Vol 15(1):140-150.
 Alex.Ike.Ikeme (2012).Readings in Entrepreneurship: Bridging learning and earning, Enugu, Grand-Heritage Publisher
 Adebayo A (1999). Youth Unemployment and National Directorate of Employment Self Employment Programmes. Nigerian Journal ofEconomics andSocial Studies 41(1): 81-102
 AdejumoG(2001). Indigenous entrepreneurship development inNigeria: characteristics, problems and prospects. Advances inManagement: Journal of Department of Business Administration, University of Ilorin, Ilorin Nigeria, 2(1): 112-122
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE CAUSES AND EFFECT OF EXAM MALPRACTICES IN SECONDARY SCHOOL (A CASE STUDY OF OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Examination malpractice has become a normal occurrence among students world over, but more worris...Continue Reading »
2. PARENTAL CHARACTERISTICS INFLUENCING STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ISINYA DISTRICT, KENYA» TABLE OF CONTENT DECLARATION .................................................................................................... ii DEDICATION .........Continue Reading »
3. TEACHING METHOD ADOPTED BY BASIC SCIENCE TEACHER AND IMPLICATION FOR CHILDREN'S CONCEPTUALIZATION OF SCIENCE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One aim of science teaching is to enhance pupils’ understanding of scientific concepts. Another...Continue Reading »
4. EXTENT OF THE USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN THE EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BUSINESS EDUCATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY. Business education is one of the occupational areas that are richly provided by vocational and t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Single parenthood can be defined as when one out of two people who is responsible for the nurturing of a child is ...Continue Reading »
6. SOCIOLINGUISTICS ANALYSIS OF LANGUAGE USED IN NIGERIAN MARKETS: IMPLICATION OF LANGUAGE EDUCATION POLICY» ABSTRACTThis project examined the sociolinguistics Analysis of Language Used in Nigerian Markets: Implication of Language Education Policy in Sokoto m...Continue Reading »
7. THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF USING TEACHING AIDS IN THE TEACHING OF CHEMISTRY IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EDO STATE: A CASE STUDY OF OREDO ...» ABSTRACT This study was to examine the problems and prospects of using teaching aids, which is reduced among students and people of Oredo Local Govern...Continue Reading »
8. THE USE OF INTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BUSINESS EDUCATION IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OYIGBO RIVER STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The educational sector in Nigeria is in continuous change with the advancement in the level of te...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title of Research Approval Page Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of Contents CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction 1 1.2 Statement o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study Education as the key to development has the capacity to upgrade teaching effectiveness as well as ...Continue Reading »