Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 51 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study sought to assess the mechanism for improving improvisation among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Kaduna inspectorate Division. Among the specific purposes of the study were to find out whether teachers have adequate improvisation skills, find out it available skills meet up with present demand and the strategies to be adopted to improve improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in Kaduna inspectorate Division. The study, adopted descriptive survey research design and they are a of the study is Kaduna inspectorate division. The population of the study is 350 of which 105 respondents was sampled.
The instrument for data collection was a 26 items questionnaire designed to elicit information to answer the research questions of the study. The instrument was validated by expert for both face and content validity data for the study were personally collected by the researchers and mean statistic was employed to analyze the data. Based on the findings, the following recommendations were made; government should pay more attention in training of vocational and technical teachers, adequate instructional materials should be provided for the teaching of basic technology, workshop and seminars should be organized periodically for teachers on the use of local material for improvisation thereby promoting creativity among technical teachers.
Background of the Study
Improvisation is the making of invention a piece of science teaching equipment in an emergency situation.
Improvisation is therefore an essential part of basic technology for the purpose maximizing the use of the available resources in order to achieve the teaching aims and objectives. Improvisation enables teaching and learning p
rocess to become easier for teaching and students.
This is because students learn best when the subject matter is brought practically since the more the senses are stimulated, the more a person learns and the more they retains what they learnt. In line with this Kayode (2010) resourcefulness in improvisation. Lola (2005). Consequently pointed out that effective teaching and learning of technical subject is only achieved through proper utilization of improvised material. FRN (2014) stated that improvisation is the creating something spontaneously or making something from whatever is available around the environment, the production of improvised material can be at little or no physical cost would be required by the class room teacher. Oxford dictionary, define improvisation as inventing or making from whatever is available when the real item or object is not available. In this present era where the need of technical education in greatly increasing, and the instructional materials to teach the subject are either not available or not adequate. Since the fund allocated to technical education is not enough to meet this adequate provision of instructional material acquisition of improvisation skills among the technical teachers is the only way to salvage the situation in Nigeria.
Guthrie (1999) define skills as the ability to bring about some end result with maximum certainty and minimum out lay of energy and time. A novice could conceive execute a flawless motor skill, yet not to be able to perform it consistently, or with as little effort relative to an expert performer. Technical Education is an aspect of education designed to prepare student for industry agriculture, commerce, home economics which is usually provided at school. The national policy on education (NPE) it defined technical education as the aspect of education that leads to the acquisition of practical and applied skills as well as basic scientific knowledge. In this sense, it form a practical segment of education that involves skills acquisition, it also entails the enrichment of the capabilities that influence the effective psychomotor or cognitive domains in order to satisfy their intrinsic and extrinsic value.
The objective of technical education according to the national policy on education 1986.
1. To enhance individual employability
2. To prepare students for indentified technical spanning several area of activities.
3. To provide an alternative for those intending to pursue higher education without particular interest or purpose.
4. To provide opportunities to fulfill the needs of women, rural and tribal students and the deprived section of society.
5. To give opportunities for professional growth, career improvement and lateral entry into courses of general, technical and professional education through appropriate bridge courses.
6. To reduce the level of unemployment by providing self- employment scheme.
7. To help student understands the scientific and technological aspects of contemporary civilization.
Statement of the Problem
The study is concerned with the mechanism for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Kaduna inspectorate division, researchers carried out investigation on improvisation skill on teachers and noted that they lack skills.
It is universally acknowledged that teaching aids assists in the teaching of technical subjects (Fashola 2016). But where teaching aids are not available, teachers are expected to improvise.
Purpose of the Study
This study sees the mechanism for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Kaduna inspectorate division especially the study will.
1. Find out whether teachers have adequate improvisation skills.
2. Find out if the available skills meet up with the present demand.
3. Investigate method of improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology.
Significance of the Study
This study will help the teachers basic technology improve their improvisation skills for the effective teaching of basic technology in secondary school.
Since one of the major problem is lack of improvisation skills among teachers it will also serve as a guide and then educate teachers in this area, even those who have the skills will be gingered to improved on it to meet the current trend. Government and policy makers will also see the trend to create more favorable policy to help in training teachers acquire improvisation skills also private sectors will also invest in the training of technical skills.
1. What are the improvisation skills possessed by teachers.
2. What are the avaliable skills that makes the teachers to meet up with the present demand.
3. What are the methods used to investigate the improvisation skills among teacher of Basic Technology
Scope of the Study
This project is concern with the mechanism for improvisation skills among teachers of Basic Technology in Kaduna inspector division.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF DIVORCE ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE PROBLEM In ancient societies, marriage of a youth was part of the responsibilities of his parents, where a man was made...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was on the factors associated with mass failure of students in the English languagein secondary schools in Nsukka L.G.A of Enugu S...Continue Reading »
3. TEACHER’S PERCEPTION OF THE CAUSES OF INDISCIPLINE AMONG STUDENT: A CASE STUDY OF OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Before Nigeria became a modern society most of the groups that made up the geographical are lived...Continue Reading »
4. PROBLEMS OF TEACHING SOCIAL STUDIES IN SECONDARY SCHOOL IN AWGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE.» Abstract This study focused on the problems of teaching social studies in secondary schools in Awgu Local Government Area of Enugu State. The objectiv...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF SCHOOL LOCATION IN THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study School is one of the social institutions that is responsible for the development and training of ...Continue Reading »
6. EXTENT OF USE OF INSTRUCTION MATERIALS FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BUSINESS EDUCATION IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In teaching, it is highly desirable to know exactly what one aims to achieve as it is in all grea...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study Social science literacy is generally recognized as a vital aspect of democratic governance by many na...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECTS OF MORAL UPBRINGING ON CHILD’S ACADEMIC PERFORMANE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS KOLGA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to find out the effects of moral upbringing on child’s academic performance in secondary schools kolga local ...Continue Reading »
9. INFLUENCE OF FAMILY BACKGROUND ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PHYSICS STUDENTS - GBOKO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BENUE STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education is a basic tool used by society for transmission of its societal values. It has become ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY INTRODUCTION Students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) is a skill development programme established by in...Continue Reading »