Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 51 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study sought to assess the mechanism for improving improvisation among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Kaduna inspectorate Division. Among the specific purposes of the study were to find out whether teachers have adequate improvisation skills, find out it available skills meet up with present demand and the strategies to be adopted to improve improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in Kaduna inspectorate Division. The study, adopted descriptive survey research design and they are a of the study is Kaduna inspectorate division. The population of the study is 350 of which 105 respondents was sampled.
The instrument for data collection was a 26 items questionnaire designed to elicit information to answer the research questions of the study. The instrument was validated by expert for both face and content validity data for the study were personally collected by the researchers and mean statistic was employed to analyze the data. Based on the findings, the following recommendations were made; government should pay more attention in training of vocational and technical teachers, adequate instructional materials should be provided for the teaching of basic technology, workshop and seminars should be organized periodically for teachers on the use of local material for improvisation thereby promoting creativity among technical teachers.
Background of the Study
Improvisation is the making of invention a piece of science teaching equipment in an emergency situation.
Improvisation is therefore an essential part of basic technology for the purpose maximizing the use of the available resources in order to achieve the teaching aims and objectives. Improvisation enables teaching and learning p
rocess to become easier for teaching and students.
This is because students learn best when the subject matter is brought practically since the more the senses are stimulated, the more a person learns and the more they retains what they learnt. In line with this Kayode (2010) resourcefulness in improvisation. Lola (2005). Consequently pointed out that effective teaching and learning of technical subject is only achieved through proper utilization of improvised material. FRN (2014) stated that improvisation is the creating something spontaneously or making something from whatever is available around the environment, the production of improvised material can be at little or no physical cost would be required by the class room teacher. Oxford dictionary, define improvisation as inventing or making from whatever is available when the real item or object is not available. In this present era where the need of technical education in greatly increasing, and the instructional materials to teach the subject are either not available or not adequate. Since the fund allocated to technical education is not enough to meet this adequate provision of instructional material acquisition of improvisation skills among the technical teachers is the only way to salvage the situation in Nigeria.
Guthrie (1999) define skills as the ability to bring about some end result with maximum certainty and minimum out lay of energy and time. A novice could conceive execute a flawless motor skill, yet not to be able to perform it consistently, or with as little effort relative to an expert performer. Technical Education is an aspect of education designed to prepare student for industry agriculture, commerce, home economics which is usually provided at school. The national policy on education (NPE) it defined technical education as the aspect of education that leads to the acquisition of practical and applied skills as well as basic scientific knowledge. In this sense, it form a practical segment of education that involves skills acquisition, it also entails the enrichment of the capabilities that influence the effective psychomotor or cognitive domains in order to satisfy their intrinsic and extrinsic value.
The objective of technical education according to the national policy on education 1986.
1. To enhance individual employability
2. To prepare students for indentified technical spanning several area of activities.
3. To provide an alternative for those intending to pursue higher education without particular interest or purpose.
4. To provide opportunities to fulfill the needs of women, rural and tribal students and the deprived section of society.
5. To give opportunities for professional growth, career improvement and lateral entry into courses of general, technical and professional education through appropriate bridge courses.
6. To reduce the level of unemployment by providing self- employment scheme.
7. To help student understands the scientific and technological aspects of contemporary civilization.
Statement of the Problem
The study is concerned with the mechanism for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Kaduna inspectorate division, researchers carried out investigation on improvisation skill on teachers and noted that they lack skills.
It is universally acknowledged that teaching aids assists in the teaching of technical subjects (Fashola 2016). But where teaching aids are not available, teachers are expected to improvise.
Purpose of the Study
This study sees the mechanism for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Kaduna inspectorate division especially the study will.
1. Find out whether teachers have adequate improvisation skills.
2. Find out if the available skills meet up with the present demand.
3. Investigate method of improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology.
Significance of the Study
This study will help the teachers basic technology improve their improvisation skills for the effective teaching of basic technology in secondary school.
Since one of the major problem is lack of improvisation skills among teachers it will also serve as a guide and then educate teachers in this area, even those who have the skills will be gingered to improved on it to meet the current trend. Government and policy makers will also see the trend to create more favorable policy to help in training teachers acquire improvisation skills also private sectors will also invest in the training of technical skills.
1. What are the improvisation skills possessed by teachers.
2. What are the avaliable skills that makes the teachers to meet up with the present demand.
3. What are the methods used to investigate the improvisation skills among teacher of Basic Technology
Scope of the Study
This project is concern with the mechanism for improvisation skills among teachers of Basic Technology in Kaduna inspector division.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PROBLEMS OF TEACHING ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE IN NIGERIA SECONDARY SCHOOL (A CASE STUDY OF IGBO ETITI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA) OF ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT Although English language is now the language of government, business and commerce, education, the mass media, literature and internal as wel...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECT OF SCHOOL CLIMATE AND SELF EFFICACY ON STUDENTS’ ACHIEVEMENT IN PHYSICS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Pages Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi List of tables ix List...Continue Reading »
3. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE PROBLEMS FACING TEACHERS IN TEACHING COMPUTER SCIENCE IN NIGERIAN SECONDARY SCHOOLS TODAY (A CASE STUDY ON IKPOBA-OKHA, ORED...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY How fast the world has grown, from the days of the primitive man, to the days of the medieval man and...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Entrepreneurship capacities are increasingly recognized as important drivers of economic growth, ...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN EDO ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Education is an instrument of social, mental and economic development through which right values and ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Sex is a basic physiological need of every human being, male and females are created with differe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1: PROBLEM, AIMS AND PLAN OF STUDY 1.1 Introductory orientation Truancy is about learners who have not been attending school regularly as requ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY During the last two decades education institutions have invested heavily in information and commu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Drug abuse is a social problem of great concern in our society like other social problems; drug a...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF E-LEARNING TEACHING OF ECONOMICS IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS( A CASE STUDY OF SURULERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, LAGOS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In today’s world, the use of adoption of information technology in teaching of economics in jun...Continue Reading »