Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study was carried out to examine the roles of social media on national security from Nigerian perspective. The result of the study showed that the common forms of social media that Nigerians are exposed to are Facebook, Whatsapp, 2go and Twitter. From the study, it was observed that the social media is a principal player in the area of national security in Nigeria. It can also be as an effective surveillance of the environment, conveying information on security issues in Nigeria, Creating a highly interactive platform for discussing security challenges and unveiling areas of individuals and entities that may likely constitute a breach to national security. The descriptive survey research design was adopted for the study. Using the purposive and simple random sampling, one hundred occupations relating to media and security, around Nigeria were selected for the study. Questionnaire, as primary instrument for data collection were randomly distributed among the respondents. The data obtained were analyzed descriptively and presented in percentage frequency distribution tables. Conversely, the findings of this study showed that social media can have negative impact on national security. Since social media can be used to disseminate false information about the security issues in Nigeria and can be used to propagate internal conflicts and violence. It can also be used as an interactive forum against national security. Finally, this study suggested ways of improving social media for effective management of national security in Nigeria to include that government should always checkmate the activities in all the social networking sites in Nigeria. Intelligence agencies and all the armed forces should endeavor to check the social media regularly for any updates that may affect national security and there should be a level of privacy and restrictions of activities in social media interactions in Nigeria.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR CRIMINOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CRIMINAL TORTURE AND THE NIGERIA POLICE CELL SYSTEM IN THE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION PROCESS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION In most countries, it has been accepted that democracy is the only system of government that seeks t...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 99 hits | Source: CRIMINOLOGY
2. AUTOMATED FORENSIC AUDITING AND FRAUD CONTROL IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION, PORTHARCOURT)» ABSTRACT The topic “Automated forensic auditing and fraud control in Nigeria” is a critical concept in modern days accounting, and our cou...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 1,028 hits | Source: CRIMINOLOGY
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYDrugs are commonly used by everybody whether young or old. Drugs are not only useful for human bein...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 155 hits | Source: CRIMINOLOGY
4. CARGO FREIGHT RATE IN LINER SHIPPING AND THE CORRELATION TO HIGH PRICES Of IMPORTED GOODS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The research is organized into five chapters. The objective of research is to assess the impacts of high freight rates to prices of imported ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 136 hits | Source: CRIMINOLOGY
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The criminal justice system in Nigeria with particular reference to Abia State is made up of thre...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: CRIMINOLOGY
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The rapid increase in crime rate in Nigeria has become a thorn in the flesh and the talk of the day. ...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 322 hits | Source: CRIMINOLOGY
7. GOVERNMENT AND THE MANAGEMENT OF SECURITY CHALLENGES IN NIGERIA; A CASE OF AKWA IBOM STATE (1999-2011).» ABSTRACT Security concerns have existed since time immemorial. But, the challenges have never been as readily manifested as they are presently. This i...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 242 hits | Source: CRIMINOLOGY
» ANTHROPOLOGY Abstract: Since its genesis, critical criminology has been committed to a critique of domination and to developing and exploring broader ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 119 hits | Source: CRIMINOLOGY
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to examine the perception of cybercrime among Nigerian youths using Caritas University as a study. In this research...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 235 hits | Source: CRIMINOLOGY
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY The truism that corruption is a surest route that hinders development in any society does not need conten...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 116 hits | Source: CRIMINOLOGY