Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 34 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Material Management was first discovered as very important function during the Second World War. After industrial revolution industries are sprining up in hundred everyday activities, raw materials and scare, production has become complex and the number of goods, components and raw materials have increased to thousand account head to be prepared and customer need to be attended to writing a short period of time. Alternative sources are required and new product need improvements and development with these problems in minds materials management in modern industries intends to have stated an attack these problem in a scientific manner to achieve optimum sources hence professionalism.
With the introduction of materials management into modern industries, the following advantages have accrued.
i) High sales
ii) Good records
iii) Low cost of requisition and processing
iv) Constituency of qualities
v) Favourable supplier relations
vi) Good storage facilities
Thus, the importance of materials management lies in the fact that any significant contribution made by materials management in reducing material cost will go long way in improving profitability and the rate of returns on investments. Today, material are the live hoods of any industries. No industrial concern can operate without them. They must be made available at the proper place, right source, right quality and at the proper price.
1.2 Objective of the Essay
The objective of the essay is to look at the significance of materials management on utilization source in manufacturing.
The objective of the study are as follows:
i) To discover problem facing store management in an organization.
ii) To discover and encourage the use of new techniques in the management in an organization.
iii) To determine the methods of coordinating its activities so that each function form an integral part of the whole organization.
iv) To estimate the degree of contribution of material planning to the efficiency of the organization performance.
v) To identify the various techniques used in solving various and problem that occurs in the organization so that corrective actions can be taken to achieve the goals and objectives.
1.3 Significance of the Study
Is a paramount important for researcher on the significance of the study and dope this extended essay will be of great important to store managers in an organization.
Which will be given in this study will go a long way to assisting the organization to improve their operation effective application of capital, human and material resources in the store department are no longer on option but a necessary pre-requisite survival and realization.
i) And also serve as pre-requisite for the award of National Diploma (ND) in Business Studies.
ii) To serve as reference for the store personnel, lecturers and students of various institutions for more information about material management.
Solution in the industry to take necessary corrective and realistic measure of materials. It will show the impact of in and organization efficiency and performance.
1.4 Scope of the Essay
The scope of essay will be centered on the material management on purchasing.
As a result of idea on material management, which cover a wide area, the project term intend to look into affair of the organization on material management and resource utilization from the past fourteen years 1992 to 2004. This research is restricted to specific area of materials management including invoice, Local Purchasing Order (L.P.O) purchase requisition note Bin Card, job order and form M.
This study cover the area, such as impact of materials, material handling etc which is the responsibility of management for the compute flow of materials to the satisfaction of users department in an organization.
1.5 Definition of Terms
Materials: In an industry it mean everything which is supplied to the production lines and so includes raw materials, components, sub assemblies, liquids powerest.
Organization: Is the grouping of related activities together and assigning those various activities or duties to various employees while at the same time giving them authority to perform those task.
Raw Materials: These combines all form of material that has to be converted into an end product.
Purchasing: Is the activity directed to securing by legal means, the materials suppliers, services and equipments required in the operation of an enterprise.
Quality: Is the totality of failures and characteristics of a product and services that bears on us ability to satisfy a given need.
Quantity: Refers to the value or amount of commodity required for a particular purpose or that can be economically purchased at a particular time.
Management: The word ‘management’ can be defined as control of human activities directed toward specific standard, which can be realized through the availability of resources such as men, machine, material and land.
Materials Management: Is the activities are frequently hand led by the local or officer level and involve regular communication with the suppliers concerning requirement such as order quantities and delivering data.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PRINCIPAL MANAGEMENT AND EDUCATIONAL REPROCESS AND STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN BUSINESS STUDIES IN OBIO/AKPOR LGA OF RIVERS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study In recent times, education stakeholders have expressed their concern over the poor performance o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A budget is a comprehensive, formal plan that estimates the probable expenditures and revenues for an organization over a specific period. De...Continue Reading »
3. THE APPLICATION OF PRODUCTION SKILLS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION TO GAIN COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Production skills (defined) Industries and business organization be it private or public, have one th...Continue Reading »
4. INFLUENCE OF STUDENTS’ PERCEPTION ON GENDER ENROLMENT PATTERN INTO BUSINESS STUDIES EDUCATION COURSES IN NCE IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Education is primarily conceived as the process of imparting or assimilation of general knowledg...Continue Reading »
5. INFLUENCE OF PARENTAL STATUS ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN ABAKALIKI METROPOLIS» Abstract The study sought to ascertain the influence of parental status on students’ academic performance in secondary school in Abakaliki metro...Continue Reading »
6. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING COMPUTER INSTRUCTION IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EZZA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE.» Abstract This study was centered on strategies for improving computer instruction in secondary schools in Ezza South LGA of Ebonyi State. Computer is ...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF ADVERTISEMENT ON THE SUCCESS OF A BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY PLC, IBADAN)» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Cocoa cola is the world leading oft drink. It is sold in more than one hundred and forty five countries. A total o...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATION ON ENTREPRENEURIAL INTENION OF STUDENTS IN BAYERO UNIVERSITY KANO» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Education is one of the vital aspects of the environment that needs to be understood if the indiv...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE SUBJECT MATTER Soap has been a product with over a 5000 years history. It has remained an essential...Continue Reading »
10. INDUSTRIAL HARMONY AND IT IMPACT ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY KADUNA)» 1.1 BACKGROUNGD OF THE STUDY Industrial harmony refers to a friendly and cooperative agreement on working relationships between employers and employee...Continue Reading »