Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,500
This study evaluated the activity of antilipemic water extracts from leaves of Desmodium velutinum albino Wistar rats. Phytochemical analysis of leaf extract showed the presence of tannins, saponins, alkaloids, soluble carbohydrates, flavonoids, reducing sugars, steroids, cyanide and terpenes. Animals were treated with drugs known (2ml atorvastatin). There were lots of HDL reductions 13.00 1.41 mg / dL LDL 1.20 0.14 mg / dl and triglycerides 39.00 0.14 mg / dl, compared to extract the Desmodium velutinum water (0.5ml). when administered was found to significantly reduce plasma lipids LDL was 1.90 0.00mg / dl, triglyceride 50.00 0.00mg / dl and raise HDL 25.00 0.00 mg / dl, which is the good cholesterol. The aqueous extract of Desmodium velutinum sheet can optionally normalize plasma lipids compared to atorvastatin given group. The analysis of phytochemicals showed that the association between these compounds and complexes and other components play an important role in the biological activity of the sheet. This study suggests that the D.velutinum aqueous extract of leaves have lipid-lowering effect and the antilipidemic.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BIOCHEMISTRY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN ASSESSMENT OF TEACHERS’ KNOWLEDGE OF TEST CONSTRUCTION PROCEDURE IN CHEMISTRY OBJECTIVE TEST IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Testing has always been an integral part of the educational system since its inception. The concept (test...Continue Reading »
90 pages | 232 hits | Source: BIOCHEMISTRY
» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to Study Natural products, such as plants extract, either as pure compounds or as standardized extracts, provi...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 167 hits | Source: BIOCHEMISTRY
3. ANTI-HYPERLIPIDEMIC POTENTIAL OF VITEX DONIANAETHANOLEXTRACTS ON POLOXAMER 407 INDUCED HYPERLIPIDEMIC AND NORMAL RATS.» ABSTRACT Anti hyperlipidemic potential of extracts (aqueous, 70% methanol, 70% ethanol and 70%, acetone) of Vitexdoniana leaves, stem bark and root ba...Continue Reading »
145 pages | 177 hits | Source: BIOCHEMISTRY
4. DIFFERENTIAL EXPRESSION LEVELS OF GLUTATHIONE-S-TRANSFERASE (OvGST1) GENE IN THE HOST (HUMAN) AND VECTOR Simulium damnosum» Abstract Onchocerciasis, a neglected tropical disease (NTD), also known as river blindness, the world‟s second leading cause of preventable blindnes...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 62 hits | Source: BIOCHEMISTRY
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Intake of tomato and tomato based products contributes to the absorption of a wide range of carotenoids in human serum an...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 480 hits | Source: BIOCHEMISTRY
6. EVALUATION OF THE ANTIDIABETIC EFFECTS OF WATER AND METHANOLIC EXTRACTS OF AVOCADO (PERSEA AMERICANA) SEED ON ALLOXAN INDUCED DIABETIC RATS» ABSTRACT The high prevalence, complications and cost of conventional drugs in the management diabetes necessitated the search for alternative treatmen...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 293 hits | Source: BIOCHEMISTRY
7. EFFECT OF ETHANOLIC ROOT EXTRACT OF JATHROPHA TANJORENSIS ON KIDNEY FUNCTION OF FEMALE ALBINO WISTAR RATS» ABSTRACT Jatropha tanjorensis has been consumed as a leafy vegetable and as a medicinal plant in Nigeria has shown hematological, antimalarial, antimi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 286 hits | Source: BIOCHEMISTRY
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTIONSweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is an important food crop in the tropical and sub tropical countries and belongs to the family c...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 566 hits | Source: BIOCHEMISTRY
9. INVESTIGATION OF THE PANCREATIC EFFECT OF BUCCHOLZIA CORICACEA FORMULATED DIET IN SUCROSE FED PREGNANT RATS AND THEIR OFFSPRING» ABSTRACT Several plants have been used in the treatment of various disorders without scientific basis. The present study examine the pancreatic effect...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 549 hits | Source: BIOCHEMISTRY
10. EFFECT OF ETHANOLIC EXTRACT OF GONGRONEMA LATIFOLIUM AND ALLIUM SATIVUM ON LIPID PROFILE OF RATS TREATED WITH SODIUM ARSENITE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Sodium arsenite is an inorganic compound with the formula with the formula NaASO2, it is also called ...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 242 hits | Source: BIOCHEMISTRY