Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The Studyassessed the adoption of recommended management practices for quail production in two selected Local Government Areas (Kano municipal and Gwale) of Kano state. Multi-stage samplingtechnique wasused to select 120respondentsfrom two districts each from the two local government areas.. BothDescriptive and Inferential statistics were used to analyze the data.The result of the analysis revealed that the mean age of the respondents was39 years, minimum primary level of education was found to be 37%, awareness and quail farming experiencewere significant in the adoption of recommended practicesforquail production in the study areas(72% and 75% respectively). The average rate of adoption for the recommended management practices for quail production in the study areas was 65%. The mean income of the respondents before and after adoption of recommended practices was found to be 2.18(N30, 000) and 3.37(N45, 000) respectively. The study therefore shows that adoption of recommended management practices for quail production has a significant impact on the farmer‘s income, production output and standard of living in the study areas.
1.1 Background to the Study
Quail (Cortunixcortunix Japonica) is a native of Asia and Europe. It has been farmed
since ancient times, especially in the Far East. They reproduce rapidly and their rate
of egg production is remarkable. They are also robust, disease resistant, and easy to
keep, requiring only simple cages and equipment and little space. Yet they are not
well known around the world and deserve wider testing. Quail are so precocious that
they can lay eggs when hardly more than 5 weeks old. It is said that about 20 of them
are sufficient to keep an average family in eggs year-round. Quail eggs are very
popular in Japan, where they are packed in thin plastic cases and sold fresh in many
food stores. They are also boiled, shelled, and either canned or boxed like chicken
eggs (Vali, 2008).
Commercial quail farming is becoming more popular and is being increasingly
promoted in number of Asian
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ECONOMIC EFFECT OF SMALL-SCALE IRRIGATION TOMATO FARMING ON EMPLOYMENT GENERATION IN IKARA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Agriculture is the mainstay of many economies. All over the world, the development of an enduring...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT...Continue Reading »
3. THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF AGRICULTURE TO RURAL DEVELOPMENT: (A CASE STUDY IN UDI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT For the purpose of this research work, an opinion survey was made using oral interview and author constructed questionnaire to examine &ldquo...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT vi The study investigated the economics of catfish (Clarias gariepinus) production in Bayelsa State, Nigeria. The broad objective of the stud...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined the effects of remittances on the livelihood of farm households in Enugu State Nigeria. Multistage random sampling techni...Continue Reading »
6. IMPACT OF THE COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE CREDIT SCHEME ON THE PERFORMANCE OF BENEFICIARIES IN ANAMBRA STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study examined the impact of Commercial Agriculture credit scheme on the performance of beneficiaries in Anambra State, Nigeria. Simple r...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I 1.0 INTRODUCTION Agriculture, no doubt plays a significant role in the economic development in Nigeria, agriculture, whether subsistence pri...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria is endowed with natural resources, large fertile farmland, wide range of crops, and river amo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the StudyThe Internet revolution was really about people customer and fundamental shift of market power from ...Continue Reading »
10. EFFECT OF WORLD BANK ASSISTED COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT ON RICE FARMERS’ PRODUCTIVITY AND PROFITABILITY IN BADAGRY LAGOS STATE» ABSTRACT This research work evaluated the effect of the World Bank Assisted Commercial Agricultural Development Project on rice farmers’ product...Continue Reading »