Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The Studyassessed the adoption of recommended management practices for quail production in two selected Local Government Areas (Kano municipal and Gwale) of Kano state. Multi-stage samplingtechnique wasused to select 120respondentsfrom two districts each from the two local government areas.. BothDescriptive and Inferential statistics were used to analyze the data.The result of the analysis revealed that the mean age of the respondents was39 years, minimum primary level of education was found to be 37%, awareness and quail farming experiencewere significant in the adoption of recommended practicesforquail production in the study areas(72% and 75% respectively). The average rate of adoption for the recommended management practices for quail production in the study areas was 65%. The mean income of the respondents before and after adoption of recommended practices was found to be 2.18(N30, 000) and 3.37(N45, 000) respectively. The study therefore shows that adoption of recommended management practices for quail production has a significant impact on the farmer‘s income, production output and standard of living in the study areas.
1.1 Background to the Study
Quail (Cortunixcortunix Japonica) is a native of Asia and Europe. It has been farmed
since ancient times, especially in the Far East. They reproduce rapidly and their rate
of egg production is remarkable. They are also robust, disease resistant, and easy to
keep, requiring only simple cages and equipment and little space. Yet they are not
well known around the world and deserve wider testing. Quail are so precocious that
they can lay eggs when hardly more than 5 weeks old. It is said that about 20 of them
are sufficient to keep an average family in eggs year-round. Quail eggs are very
popular in Japan, where they are packed in thin plastic cases and sold fresh in many
food stores. They are also boiled, shelled, and either canned or boxed like chicken
eggs (Vali, 2008).
Commercial quail farming is becoming more popular and is being increasingly
promoted in number of Asian
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The study examined the climate change (climate change extreme events and household climate change adaptation practice) effects on the food se...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study investigated the Effects of Poverty on the Risk Attitudes of Farmers in Benue State, Nigeria. Nigeria has remained one of the poore...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nigeria has been faced with bad governance, poverty, terrorism, environmental degradation, oil theft, illegal bunkering, proliferation of sma...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Sugarcane (Saccharum Officinaum) is one of the most important crop in the world because of its st...Continue Reading »
5. PERFORMANCE OF FOREST MANAGEMENT COMMITTEES IN THE MANAGEMENT OF FOREST WOOD TREES IN CROSS RIVER STATE» ABSTRACT Out of all the forests and forest reserves in Nigeria that remained relatively undisturbed, significant portions of them have been lost in th...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECTS OF CAPITAL STRUCTURE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE AGRO-ENTERPRISES ON ACCESS TO MICROFINANCE BANKS CREDIT IN ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study evaluated the effects of capital structure of small and medium scale agro enterprises on access to microfinance banks credit in Enu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTCheese, a popular food across many cultures has been subject of many studies. It’s of many variants, providing huge nutritional value to hum...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The broad objective of the study was to analyze the economics of soil conservation practices in Enugu State. This study employed multistage r...Continue Reading »
10. ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF BREAD BAKING ENTERPRISES IN KADUNA AND ZARIA METROPOLIS OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The study examined the economic analyses of bread baking enterprises in Kaduna and Zaria Metropolis of Kaduna state, Nigeria. Primary data we...Continue Reading »