Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The Studyassessed the adoption of recommended management practices for quail production in two selected Local Government Areas (Kano municipal and Gwale) of Kano state. Multi-stage samplingtechnique wasused to select 120respondentsfrom two districts each from the two local government areas.. BothDescriptive and Inferential statistics were used to analyze the data.The result of the analysis revealed that the mean age of the respondents was39 years, minimum primary level of education was found to be 37%, awareness and quail farming experiencewere significant in the adoption of recommended practicesforquail production in the study areas(72% and 75% respectively). The average rate of adoption for the recommended management practices for quail production in the study areas was 65%. The mean income of the respondents before and after adoption of recommended practices was found to be 2.18(N30, 000) and 3.37(N45, 000) respectively. The study therefore shows that adoption of recommended management practices for quail production has a significant impact on the farmer‘s income, production output and standard of living in the study areas.
1.1 Background to the Study
Quail (Cortunixcortunix Japonica) is a native of Asia and Europe. It has been farmed
since ancient times, especially in the Far East. They reproduce rapidly and their rate
of egg production is remarkable. They are also robust, disease resistant, and easy to
keep, requiring only simple cages and equipment and little space. Yet they are not
well known around the world and deserve wider testing. Quail are so precocious that
they can lay eggs when hardly more than 5 weeks old. It is said that about 20 of them
are sufficient to keep an average family in eggs year-round. Quail eggs are very
popular in Japan, where they are packed in thin plastic cases and sold fresh in many
food stores. They are also boiled, shelled, and either canned or boxed like chicken
eggs (Vali, 2008).
Commercial quail farming is becoming more popular and is being increasingly
promoted in number of Asian
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER I 1.0 INTRODUCTION Agriculture, no doubt plays a significant role in the economic development in Nigeria, agriculture, whether subsistence pri...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Since the beginning of civilization, man has always been motivated by the need to make progress and better the lives of fello...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The broad objective of the study was to examine the Economics of Sesame Production among small holder famers in Benue State, Nigeria. Specifi...Continue Reading »
4. LIVELIHOOD DIVERSIFICATION UTILIZED BY RURAL DWELLERS IN NSIT IBOM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT Comparative Analysis compares two or more languages with common descent from a shared ancestor feature by feature, in order to extrapolate ba...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examined the climate change (climate change extreme events and household climate change adaptation practice) effects on the food se...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF WORLD BANK ASSISTED COMMERCIAL AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT ON RICE FARMERS’ PRODUCTIVITY AND PROFITABILITY IN BADAGRY LAGOS STATE» ABSTRACT This research work evaluated the effect of the World Bank Assisted Commercial Agricultural Development Project on rice farmers’ product...Continue Reading »
7. ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF PLANTAIN (Musa paradisiaca) MARKETING IN FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY (FCT) ABUJA, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The broad objective of this study was to examine the structure, performance and efficiency of plantain marketing system in FCT Abuja and to d...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined the economic effects of crude oil exploitation on cassava production in Delta State. Specifically, the effect of crude oi...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The agricultural sector, as importance as it is exposed to extremely high degree of disk arising out of natural factors like weather conditio...Continue Reading »
» Background of the studyWhile the international order among states is quite strong, the world is not peaceful. In the wake of globalization and the exp...Continue Reading »