Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Birds are widely distributed worldwide and are found in all the seven continents. They
live and breed in terrestrial habitats (Newton, 2003). It is believed that the highest bird
diversity occurs in the tropical regions of the world. It was also earlier thought that high
diversity was as a result of higher speciation rates in the tropics (Serle et al., 1977).
Birds are one of the largest source of animal protein eaten by humans (Oladele et al.,
2012). Nineteen species of Doves and pigeons (Family: Columbidae), were identified
in Nigeria, of which fifteen occur in the Northern Guinea Savannah (Elgood et al.,
The Laughing dove, Streptopelia senegalensis is distinguished from all other doves by
the presence of a black spotted reddish fore neck, head is vinous, the mantle brown, the
rump dark-grey and the underparts are vinous, becoming white on the belly (Serle et
al., 1977). It is called the Laughing dove due to its distinctive coo vocalization that is
reminiscent of human laughter.
This species is semi-tame and is abundant in villages and towns, spending much of its
time on the ground, feeding on fallen grains or seeds (Adang et al., 2008). According to
Oniye et al. (2001), doves are hunted and eaten in Nigeria but recently the intensity has
increased probably due to the harsh economic situation, coupled with increased demand
for protein. Its wide acceptability as a cheap substitute to other animal-protein sources
might explain why roasted Laughing dove is sold at ‘’suya’’ or barbecue spots in Zaria
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ZOOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Aquaculture, the farming of aquatic organisms including fish, mulluscs, crustacean and aquatic plant is necessary to meet the...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 310 hits | Source: ZOOLOGY
2. DETERMINATION OF DIETARY CHOICE IN RELATION TO SOME BIOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF DROSOPHILA MELANOGASTER (MIEGEN, 1830) IN SAMARU, ZARIA» ABSTRACT Dietary choice in relation to some biological characteristics of Drosophila melanogaster (Miegen, 1830) (Diptera, Drosophilidae) in Samaru Za...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 69 hits | Source: ZOOLOGY
» ABSTRACT This project work reviews the concepts, measures, and strategies of two step flow of communication which is aimed at examining the impact of ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 181 hits | Source: ZOOLOGY
4. GASTRO-INTESTINAL PROTOZOANS AND HELMINTHS INFECTING CHILDREN IN DAYCARE CENTRES AND NURSERY SCHOOLS IN SABON-GARI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ZARIA, KAD...» ABSTRACT Intestinal infections caused by protozoans and helminths are globally endemic and have been described as constituting the greatest worldwide ...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 101 hits | Source: ZOOLOGY
5. ANALYSIS OF THE NUTRITIONAL VALUES OF FEED COMPOUNDED FROM LOCALLY AVAILABLE MATERIALS (UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR FISH FARM AS A CASE STUDY)» ABSTRACT This project details the results of a research work carried out to develop fish feed compounded from locally available materials in the insti...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 280 hits | Source: ZOOLOGY
6. STUDIES ON THE ABUNDANCE AND DISTRIBUTION OF MOSQUITOES AND PREVALENCE OF MALARIA IN YABO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF SOKOTO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Study was conducted to determine the abundance and distribution of mosquitoes and the prevalence of malaria parasites in Yabo Local Governmen...Continue Reading »
118 pages | 131 hits | Source: ZOOLOGY