Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study was carried out to evaluate the improper management of an abattoir in Ikpoba-Okha L.G.A Benin City, EdoState.
This study is to enable individuals, management of abattoir and Government to acknowledge what prevails in most abattoir as regards to the health affect associated with it and the possible ways such affects can be reduced to guarantee the health of merchant (worker) in the abattoir and the community at large.
BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Abattoir is derived from the French name which is commonly known as a slaughter house in the United States and much of the English speaking world. A slaughter house is a place where animals are butchered for food; it is very unpleasant but necessary because of our modem human food chain is connected with it. Through criticism of slaughter house do arises from time to time.
Slaughter house are tightly regulated by the government to day, but this was not always the case. In the 19th century, some cities began enacting sanitation reform to try and clean up slaughter houses and individual butchers, who dumped animal remains in near by water system and let the blood run out in the street. Eventually, strict government regulations further sanitized slaughter houses to the point where today they are relatively clean considering the work done there.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Obviously, the level of maintenance of hygiene in abattoir is very poor.
Improper management and non health education was being given to abattoir workers on the importance of good hygiene practices.
Worker with rough hands and legs go to the slaughter house to slaughter meat. The implication of this is spread of disease to man. During these processes meat get contaminated by meat handlers.
There were blockage in some part of the drains, with in the abattoir, and this will form the breeding ground for flies, rats and other germs found in the environment.
Improper management of abattoir is another problem in the environment. Workers in the abattoir practices poor personal hygiene that is putting on dirty clothes which remains from months to month with be wash. They do not wash their hands before and after the toilet and their finger nails are long and not clean.
Also poor environmental sanitation is another problem in which indiscriminately, dumping of refuse provides opportunities for flies breeding and food for scavengers.
SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
It is the researchers hope that the findings of this project will bring about better attention for workers in this abattoir and other related occupations. This study will also help to intensified the action of safety officers towards adequate health education at all stages of the production processes the improvement of working standards through organized control of those factors in our working environment which tends to exercise deleterious effect on man’s physical development, health and survival. This will in no doubt reduce ill-health among members of community, reduce the prevalence of some food borne diseases and some water borne diseases in Nigeria population.
It is possible that this research study will be of great benefit not only to the worker in abattoir but also to the aquatic life and the general citizenry, health inspectors and those whose field of interest is primarily with health, safety and welfare of worker also stand to benefit from this laudable and timely research work.
The objectives of this study include the following.
1. To identify those factors which contribute to improper management of an abattoir
2. To asses the level of personal hygiene practices among worker.
3. To make appropriate recommendations to improve the existing standard.
4. To find out the nature of hazard in the abattoir.
5. To examine the health and welfare services provided by employers of this abattoir.
6. To render useful recondition on the subject matter based on its findings.
A research study without research question is unfocussed and a random empirical wandering. The researcher therefore formulated the following questions.
1. Can continuous dumping of high level of abattoir waste lead to eutrophication?
2. Can periodic health and safety education help to reduce the incident of water borne disease?
3. Can frequent continuity of improper management of an abattoir lead to our break of disease.
4. Can abattoir be perfectly maintained?
5. What are the negative impacts that the discriminate disposal of effluent from abattoir has posed to the occupants of Ikpoba-Okha Local Government Area?
6. Can the wastewater disposed from abattoir lead to an outbreak of epidemic?
7. What can be done to ensure sanitary disposal and maintenances of abattoir?
8. Can abattoir waste lead to atmospheric pollution?
9. Can indiscriminate dumping at abattoir waste on land lead to soil leaching or soil salinity.
10. Can indiscriminate dumping of abattoir waste lead to underground and surface water pollution?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR VETERINARY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AMELIORATIVE EFFECTS OF KAEMPFEROL AND ZINC GLUCONATE ON HAEMATOLOGICAL, NEUROBEHAVIOURAL AND OXIDATIVE STRESS CHANGES IN WISTAR RATS EXPOSED TO NOI...» ABSTRACT The aim of the study was to investigate effects of kaempferol and zinc gluconate administration on haematological, neurobehavioural and oxida...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Agriculture in Nigeria has remained the largest sector contributing nearly 39% to the gross domes...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research work is limited to Makurdi (Wadata and North bank) in Benue State. All the sheep and goats from different origins, in different...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Poultry are collection of birds raised commercially or domestically for meat, egg and feathers. Chickens, ducks turkeys and g...Continue Reading »
5. SEROEPIDEMIOLOGY OF TOXOPLASMA GONDII INFECTION IN LOCAL CHICKENS SLAUGHTERED IN LIVE BIRD MARKETS IN KATSINA METROPOLIS KATSINA STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Toxoplasmosis is a zoonotic parasitic infection caused by Toxoplasma gondii and is estimated to h...Continue Reading »