Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
Church Growth is a movement within evangelical Christianity which focuses on developing methods to grow churches based on business marketing strategies.It cannot be disputed that youths play a vital role in the life of a Church as they are the leaders of tomorrow and future of the church. The elderly stands out but youth’s contributions have been shinning and have always been flagbearers of every Church. For any tangible growth to take place in any Christiancommunity, the youth must be significant in that process of growth. This is the more reason whywise nations, countries, groups and organization focus more on the development of youths so that thefuture of such investments would never be improvised or blind. It is therefore of vital importance in the Catholic Church to prepare assiduously youths for the tasks they would naturally face inthe coming future. It is only when we have nourished our youths that they in-turn develop theChurch. The questions are “what amount of attention do we give the youths and what levelof devotion does the youths give to the church.
The youths of today have very high ideals, and to deny this would be grossly unfair. But we mustadmit that very often these ideals can sour, can be perverted and can be exploited. Often youngpeople ultimately relinquish their ideals if they suspect that the situation is hopeless; if theyconclude that nowhere can these ideals be fulfilled. Unfortunately, this is the usual progressionof events today. Disappointments lead to abysmal falls, often to depths lower than those theycondemned when their idealism was fresh. Where this does not happen, ideals are exploited byfalse prophets of good. The sectarians far from the fullness of truth are able to inspireyouth to make such amazing sacrifices Yet at the same time, the Orthodox Church, possessingthe fullness of Truth, has a real difficulty in keeping her youth(Abednego: 1989). It could be that in ignoring the high ideals and potential moral heroism of our youth we have failed to familiarizethem with our examples of such heroism, displayed by our own young, even the very young, who loved Christ and His Church in past ages. The youths are important fabrics in the society. Can there be any society without youth?Obviously no, that is why we must see to it that our youths find their rightful places in the church.
Church growth begins with church health and not the other way around. We see in nature that healthy things grow. This is by no means a new concept, but it's still true. From this research, we will discover what a healthy church is like and how youth life style can boost church growth.
1.2 Statement of the problem
One key problem is the inability to examine youth life style and church growth.Another problem is how best to measure numerical growth. A variety of indicators for attendance and occasional offices are available, but all are affected to some degree by measurement error and random fluctuations. Such variability poses particular problems with small churches, where the addition or subtraction of just a few people produces large proportional changes in the totals.
1.3 Objectives of the study
1. To examine youth life style and church growth.
2. To change the unhealthy culture of some church youth ministries.
3. To cast a fresh vision for the church.
1.4 Research questions
1. What amount of attention do we give the youths?
2. What level of devotion do the youths give to the church?
1.5 Research hypotheses
Ho: There is no significant relationship between youth life style and church growth.
Hi: There is a significant relationship between youth life style and church growth.
1.6 Significance of the study
This research work will assist churches, ministries, pastors, etc in discovering the vital roles youths play in the life of a Church as they are the leaders of tomorrow and future of every church.From this research, we will discover what a healthy church is like and how youth life style can boost church growth.
1.7 Scope/Limitations of the study
This study is on youth lifestyle and church growth.
Limitations of study
1. Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
2. Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.8 Definition of terms
Church Growth: is a movement within evangelical Christianity which focuses on developing methods to grow churches based on business marketing strategies.
Life style:Lifestyles define us; they are the way we live our lives, what we do, with whom, where, how and what we use to do it.
Callahan, Kennon L. Twelve Keys to an Effective Church: strong, healthy congregationsliving in the grace of God. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2010.
Cordeiro, Wayne. Doing Church as a Team. Honolulu, HI: New Hope Publishers, 2000.
Coleman, Robert. The master plan of Discipleship. Grand Rapids: F. H. Revell Co., 1998.
Craft, Charles. Christianity in Culture.Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 1981.
Dempsey, Rodney W. „Small Group Ministries‟ of 2010 Summer D.Min Class‟ Lecture Note.
Dever, Mark. Nine Marks of a Healthy Church. Wheaton, IL: Crossway Books, 2004.
Elliot, Ralph H. Church Growth That Counts. Valley Forge, PA: Judson, 1982.
George, Carl F. Prepare Your Church for the Future. Tarrytown, NY: Fleming H. Revell,1991.
Getz, Gene A. The Measure of a Healthy Church: How God Defines Greatness in a Church.
Glendale, VA: Regal Books, 2002.Gets, Gene A & Joe Wall.Effective Church Growth Strategies. Nashville: Word, 2000.
Gillbert, Larry. Team Evangelism: Giving New Meaning to Lay Evangelism. Lynchburg, VA:Church Growth Institute, 1991.
Ha, Yong Jo. We Dream The Church Of The Acts. Seoul: Duranno, 2007.
Hadaway, C. Kirk. Church Growth Principles: Separating Fact from Fiction. Nashville:Broadman, 1991.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR THEOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE BIBLICAL EXAMINATION OF FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR DIVISIONS IN THE CHURCHES(A CASE STUDY OF MINNA DISTRIC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.Background of the study The will of God for us is that we are united, that is why Jesus prayed in John 17 that his discip...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was to examine theinfluences of doctrinal differences among churches in Nigeria, which often hampered unity among the competing de...Continue Reading »
» TABLE CONTENTSTitle Page iiCertification iiiDedication ivAcknowledgement vTable of Content viAbstract viiCHAPTR ONEGeneral Introduction 11.1Statement ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Leadership is indeed a dynamic reciprocal process of personal influence by which a manager or a l...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Morality today, it has been observed, is increasingly on a daily bases. Ethics as a way of ordere...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Christianity in Nigeria which has led to planting of churches dates back to the 16th century when...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION Situation ethics, otherwise known as the new morality, states that in every situation each individual is responsible for reviewing the ru...Continue Reading »
8. EXAMINING THE CONCEPT OF ADMINISTRATION OF ANOINTING OIL: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED NIGERIAN AIR FORCE PROTESTANT CHURCHES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction This section discusses the background to the study, bringing out the problem and purpose for which the study...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Family according to encyclopedia America is a core group of persons related by birth, marriage or...Continue Reading »
10. THE APPRAISAL OF CHAPLAINCY SERVICES AS A CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITY IN COLLEGES OF HEALTH TECHNOLOGY IN BENUE STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Individual successes in life and national destinies in these modern days are increasingly linked to t...Continue Reading »