Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 57 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Secondary Data, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. Background of the study
Nigeria’s population and economic development are linked to climate sensitive activities including rainfall. An understanding of current and historical rainfall trends and variation is inevitable to the country’s future economic and tourism development.
Rainfall is the most important natural factor that goes a long way in determining a lot of things especially agricultural production in Nigeria, especially in the southern part of Nigeria. The changes and variability associated with rainfall and the pattern of extreme high or low precipitation are very important for agriculture as well as the economic development of the state. It is a well-known fact that the pattern of rainfall is changing on both the global and the regional scales due to global warming (Hulme et al, 1998, Kayano, 2008). As the moves to encourage the agricultural sector in other toavoid food scarcity continues to gain ground and acceptability, information on rainfall variability is of essence for the design of water supply and supplemental agricultural irrigation schemes and the evaluation of alternative cropping and of soil water management plans. Much as long rainfall records are mostly available in many countries, little use is made of this information because of the unpredicted nature of the records.(Mina and Sayedul, 2012).
It is important to state that rainfall of Nigeria and West Africa in generally is influenced by the dynamics of continental air mass and maritime air mass which meet along a slanting surface called Inter-Tropical Discontinuity (ITD) (Odekunle, 2004). Varying degrees of convective activity and precipitation takes place at the south of ITD while little or no cloud development or precipitation occur in the northern part of ITD (Ilesanmi, 1972).
1.2. Statement of the general problem
The current pattern of rainfall in Cross River State has been a source of concern to the inhabitants, especially those who rely on it for their economic and tourist activities. Therefore, it is on this basis that this study seeks to examine the trend of rainfall in Calabar state with the view to ascertain the feasibility of government’s effort towards improved agriculture; to enhance food security in the state.
1.3. Significance of the study
This study would be of help to tourists in planning the time of their visits. This study would equally be of help to the policy makers of Cross River state, agriculturists and researchers who are interested in the rainfall pattern of Cross River state.
1.4. Objectives of the study
- To study the pattern of rainfall in calabar municipality.
- To know if rainfall pattern affects tourism and economic development.
1.5. Scope of the study
This study is limited to the time series analysis on rainfall pattern in Calabar municipality from 2002-2014
1.6. Research hypothesis
H0: Rainfall pattern does not affect the tourism and economic development of Calabar
H1: Rainfall pattern affects the tourism and economic development of Calabar
1.7. Definition of terms
- TREND: a general direction in which a situation is changing or developing.
- VARIABILITY: the fact that something is likely to change
- TOURISM: the business activity connected with providing accommodation, services and entertainment for people who are visiting a place for pleasure.
- POLICY: a plan or action agreed or chosen by a political party, business or a government.
BabatoluJS, and Akinnubi RT (2014) Influence of Climate Change in Niger River Basin Development Authority Area on Niger Runoff, Nigeria. J Earth SciClim Change 5: 230. doi: 10.4172/2157-7617.1000230
Ekwe, Michael Chibuike, Joshua, Jonah Kunda, Igwe, Johnson Eze, and Osinowo, AdekunleAyodotun. (2014) Mathematical Study Of Monthly And Annual Rainfall Trends In Nasarawa State, Nigeria. IOSR Journal of Mathematics (IOSR-JM). Vol. 10, Issue 1 Ver. III. PP 56-62 www.iosrjournals.org Enete I.C. and. Ebenebe I.N. (2009) Analysis of rainfall distribution over Calabar during the little dry season (1990-2005), J. Geog and Regional Planning, Vol.2 No.7 PP.182-189. Climate of Calabar https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calabar Accessed 20/8/2015.
Hulme, M., Osborn, T.J. and Johns, T.C. (1998) Precipitation sensitivity to global warming: Comparison of observations with HADCM2 simulations. Geophysical Re-search Letters, 25, 3379-3382.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR STATISTICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Monetary policy entails the government policies aimed at changing the quantity of money or credit condition. In every eco...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Organization’s success not only depends on what organizations currently providing but also de...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON THE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF STATISTICS IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the impact of electrical power outage on the performance of small businesses in Kano state. This study wa...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF FEATURE SELECTION AND DATASET SIZE ON THE ACCURACY OF NAÏVE BAYESIAN CLASSIFIER AND LOGISTICS REGRESSION» ABSTRACT Binary Logistics Regression and Naïve Bayesian classifier are two of the common classification modelling techniques that allow one to pr...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study examined the birth pattern in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) using the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital (UATH) as a case...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Despite the global decline in under five mortality rate from 90 deaths per 1,000 live births in 1990 to 48 in 2012, Nigeria has failed to rec...Continue Reading »
7. A QUALITY CONTROL ANALYSIS OF CEMENTS IN DANGOTE CEMENT PLC (A CASE STUDY OF IBESE CEMENT PLANT LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The history of cement production in Nigeria can be traced back to 1957. From the onset, about th...Continue Reading »
8. MODELING CARDIAC OUT–PATIENT FLOW IN NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL (NAUTH) NNEWI WITH MONTE CARLO SIMULATION: AN APPLICATION ON QUEUEI...» ABSTRACT Cardiac outpatients are those with heart related diseases but are not on admission. In the present study, a stochastic approach was used for ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Several multivariate measurements require variables selection and ordering. Stepwise procedures ensure a step by step method through which th...Continue Reading »
10. A REGRESSION ANALYSIS ON THE IMPACT OF SMOKING, LEVEL OF EXERCISE, WEIGHT ON MEDICAL COST. (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTER OWERRI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study The increase in the number of people who are ill in the various health establishments has risen ...Continue Reading »