Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of this study is to determine the effect of training and development of manpower in an organization for efficient performance with special reference to (P.H.C.N) Power Holding Company of Nigeria Zonal Headquarter Owerri. In contemporary time, the practice of training employees has become a popular phenomenon in the entire personnel policy of many organizations. The programme involves sending employees for training in order to increase their ability and knowledge. Consequently, from the employer’s point of view, it is anticipated that a good training and development programme will induced the employees into working hard and also improve their general attitude towards the progress of the organization. To carry out this study, both primary and secondary data were made use of. Also questionnaire, sample survey was used and oral interview were conducted on some staff. Tables, simple percentages and bar charts were the tools used to analyze the data collected while chi-square was used to test the research hypothesis, several findings were made and based on these findings, and some recommendations were given. Finally, for a successful research work to be carried out this study was divided into five chapters and each was exhaustively addressed.
Background of the study
The importance of human resources in an organization depends more on those resources, for attainments of its objective. However, these objectives cannot be achieved unless the organization is made up of employees who have skill, knowledge and abilities to work. Employees may have these qualities but skill find it very difficult to cope with their jobs to some factors such as organizational changes and so on.
Therefore, the management of organizations involves training and development of manpower, as one of it’s various activities. When workers are employed, they are just left to stay and work until they are due for retirement but are being trained and developed in order to increase their abilities, skills and knowledge.
Experiences have shown that many employees have failed in their organizations, because the provision of training as an indispensable part of management function was not rendered to them. Employees are not just trained for their own benefits only, the organization stand to gain a lot from them.
The training and development of manpower programme is a very important activity every management cannot afford to miss, because it is not every thing that can be learned in a working situation. In fact, for attainment of organizational goals, training and development programmes should be organized. A substantial amount of money is needed for such programme, but it is regarded as money will invested because of its benefits among which are:
1. It helps to lower cost waste
2. It helps to maintain equipment
3. It helps to increase employees obsolescence
4. It helps to improve the quality of output
5. It helps to prevent low turnover and absenteeism.
6. It helps to reduce the number of cost of accident
In deed, it is not enough to stress for effective and efficient service delivery at power holding company of Nigeria with effective training and development activities. These are the reasons, why the researcher is out, in this study to learn from the above mentioned organization. They should answer on behalf of other organization.
As the saying goes, “it is when a man conceives new policies that he can execute them”. The training of power holding company of Nigeria staff is very important however good staffs that are employed are, unless properly trained, they cannot be constant sources of efficiency.
Moreover, the future of power holding company of Nigeria and its policies may depend on them since “an untrained man in a modern world which may be menace to society”. If there is any trouble anywhere or breakdown in a machine or a mistake in a ledger, how can a quack untrained man handle it, all he can do is to fumble and patch up the trouble any how, which may lead to a more serious breakdown or a greater confusion. Really, there is no place for the untrained worker or even the intelligent amateur in these days of specialized works.
In fact, training and development of workers play a large role in determining the effectiveness efficiency of the performance of (P.H.C.N).
Electric power originated towards the closing years of the list century, when the first generated plant was installed in the city of Lagos in 1898 to 1950, in order to integrate power development into a national effect, the government passed the electricity corporation of Nigeria ordinance brought under one control all the electricity undertakings previously administered by the Nigerian government electricity undertaking section of the public works department and all those undertaking which were under national authority and control.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
In every organization, all over the world, the management set up of the organization’s goals and ways of achieving them. The power holding company of Nigeria is not an exception since it performs many activities in order to attain its goals effectively and efficient work are considered very important and necessary. However, to keep and maintain their workers they should be trained and developed on regular basis. Therefore, this research is centred on the need for training and development of manpower for efficient performance on the light of the objectives of power holding company of Nigeria.
In order words, every organization needs to train and develop its employees for it to achieve its goals. There is therefore, the need to find answers to these questions, why is it that some organization, despite the high cost involved in training and development activities still find it necessary to training their employees? What are the effects of these training and development to programmes on workers more or less correlated with their efficient performance in their organization?
Answers to these questions therefore form the motives behind this study.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The aims and objectives of the study are as follows;
1. To determine the training and development needs of employees in organization with particular reference to power holding company of Nigeria
2. To ascertain the category of employees who have benefited and how often they benefit from training and development of manpower programme.
3. To find out the effect of training and development exercise on the employees of power holding company of Nigeria in particular.
4. To see the methods they employ and which methods is the most suitable in power holding company of Nigeria (P.H.C.N)
5. To identify the problems encountered by the management in carrying out these methods
6. To assess the performance of employees who have trained and developed.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Based on the topic of the study, the researcher wants to achieve all the above mentioned objectives. The study will be conducted in the power holding company of Nigerian (P.H.C.N) zonal headquarters Owerri. It will cut across the various departments of the organization. This is to enables the researcher do a thorough study of the matter. It is however believed that the findings of this study will be applicable to their organizations.
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: There effective performance depends on training/development of manpower performance.
H0: There effective performances are depends on training/development of manpower performance.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work based on its theoretical nature will help the management of P.H.C.N and other organization, research experts and students in the following ways;
1. It will enable the management of power holding company of Nigeria and general public, to understand the importance/advantages of training and development of manpower towards performance.
2. It will make other organizations to know that organizing training and development programmes is the main route to achieve their organizational goal.
3. It will help to broaden the horizon of employees and as regards to their commitment to their work.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers statistical analysis of the effect of training and development of manpower in an organization for efficient performance in PHCN. But in the cause of the study, there are some factors that limit the scope of the study;
a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL:
The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study.
The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
The finance available for the research work does not allow for wider coverage as resources are very limited as the researcher has other academic bills to cover.
OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
Training is teaching, or developing in oneself or others, any skills and knowledge that relate to specific useful competencies
Manpower training and development is essential to the existence and survival of organization. Training is the process by which members of organizations are thought to acquire knowledge, skills and abilities they need to perform effectively the job at hand
Manpower development, now commonly referred to as human resource development, is an ongoing process that analyzes, forecasts and projects an organization's future manpower requirements
Employee productivity (sometimes referred to as workforce productivity) is an assessment of the efficiency of a worker or group of workers. Productivity may be evaluated in terms of the output of an employee in a specific period of time.
1.9 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows. Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (background of the study), statement of the problem, objectives of the study, research questions, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope of the study etc. Chapter two being the review of the related literature presents the theoretical framework, conceptual framework and other areas concerning the subject matter. Chapter three is a research methodology covers deals on the research design and methods adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR STATISTICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Oil is a major source of energy in Nigeria and the world in general. Oil being the mainstay of th...Continue Reading »
2. THE DETERMINATION OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE WEIGHT AND AGE OF MALE AND FEMALE STUDENTS IN DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA» ABSTRACT The relationship between weight and age of male and female students in Delta State University, Abraka was determined. This study also determi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The issue of malnutrition has become a household name among families with children from zero to f...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examines the analysis of fixed effect non interactive unbalanced data by a method called Intra Factor Design. And to derive this d...Continue Reading »
5. A QUALITY CONTROL ANALYSIS OF CEMENTS IN DANGOTE CEMENT PLC (A CASE STUDY OF IBESE CEMENT PLANT LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The history of cement production in Nigeria can be traced back to 1957. From the onset, about th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Monetary policy entails the government policies aimed at changing the quantity of money or credit condition. In every eco...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON THE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF STATISTICS IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the impact of electrical power outage on the performance of small businesses in Kano state. This study wa...Continue Reading »
8. STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF CRIMINAL OFFENCES RECORDED IN KUJE – ABUJA (FCT) FROM 1999 – 2007 (A CASE STUDY OF KUJE POLICE DIVISIONAL HEADQUARTERS,...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The increasing desire of the government and civilization to improve the maintenance of law and order and to engage in cri...Continue Reading »
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF FERTILITY RATE AND DIFFERENTIALS IN WOMEN WITHIN THE REPRODUCTIVE AGEIN KADUNA STATE» ...Continue Reading »
10. THE STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF THE EXPENDITURES AND INCOME OF NIGERIANS IN RELATION TO POVERTY. (A CASE STUDY OF NSIT-IBOM LGA AKWA-IBOM STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Income and expenditures are the foundation of any viable business or economy, as the economy of the nation is a direct replic...Continue Reading »