Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Broncho Pulmonary Dysplasia (BPD) is a form of chronic lung disease that develops in preterm
neonates treated with oxygen and positive-pressure ventilation. The disease affects premature
babies and contributes to their morbidity and mortality. This research seeks to fit and compare
the predictive powers of Logistic Regression (Logit) Modeland Probability Regression (Probit)
Model in tracking infants’ BPD status using gender and weights at two different time intervals.
The data used for the analysis were samples of 50 infants drawn from an underlying population
of children with low birth weight (g) from Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital Zaria.
The children were confined to a neonatal intensive care unit, where they require intubation
during the first 12 hours of life, and they survive for at least 28 days and their weights measured
four weeks later. The results obtained found explanatory variables (weight at birth, weight after
Four weeks of life and gender) used to be significantly associated with the occurrence of BPD in
infants and suggested that, Probit fits BPD data more than Logit. It is therefore recommended
that Clinics should adopt the use of the probit model fitted by this research to detect prevalence
of BPD among infants so that adequate measures for prevention and control can be put in place
early enough to signal the danger of the full manifestation of the disease.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR STATISTICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION University of Uyo Teaching Hospital since its inception in 1994 has received considerable amount of people, for treatment...Continue Reading »
41 pages | 273 hits | Source: STATISTICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Monetary policy entails the government policies aimed at changing the quantity of money or credit condition. In every eco...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 338 hits | Source: STATISTICS
3. THE IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON THE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF STATISTICS IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the impact of electrical power outage on the performance of small businesses in Kano state. This study wa...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 899 hits | Source: STATISTICS
» ABSTRACT The Gompertz distribution can be skewed to the right or to the left. This dissertation introduces a new positively skewed Gompertz model know...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 35 hits | Source: STATISTICS
» ABSTRACT Despite the global decline in under five mortality rate from 90 deaths per 1,000 live births in 1990 to 48 in 2012, Nigeria has failed to rec...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 23 hits | Source: STATISTICS
» ABSTRACT TheNormal distribution is a very important and well known probability distribution for dealing with problems in several areas of life, howeve...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 26 hits | Source: STATISTICS
7. BAYESIAN ESTIMATION OF THE SHAPE PARAMETER OF ODD GENERALIZED EXPONENTIAL-EXPONENTIAL DISTRIBUTION» ABSTRACT The Odd Generalized Exponential Exponential Distribution (OGEED) could be used in various fields to model variables whose chances of success ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 22 hits | Source: STATISTICS
» ABSTRACT This study examines the analysis of fixed effect non interactive unbalanced data by a method called Intra Factor Design. And to derive this d...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 90 hits | Source: STATISTICS
9. THE DETERMINATION OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE WEIGHT AND AGE OF MALE AND FEMALE STUDENTS IN DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA» ABSTRACT The relationship between weight and age of male and female students in Delta State University, Abraka was determined. This study also determi...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 229 hits | Source: STATISTICS
10. STATISTICAL ANALYSIS ON EDUCATION TRUST FUND ALLOCATION TO TERITIARY INSTITUTION IN SIX GEO-POLITICAL ZONES OF NIGERIA (1999-2007)» ABSTRACT In this project entitled statistical analysis on education trust fund allocation to tertiary institutions in six geo political zones of Niger...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 252 hits | Source: STATISTICS