Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Broncho Pulmonary Dysplasia (BPD) is a form of chronic lung disease that develops in preterm
neonates treated with oxygen and positive-pressure ventilation. The disease affects premature
babies and contributes to their morbidity and mortality. This research seeks to fit and compare
the predictive powers of Logistic Regression (Logit) Modeland Probability Regression (Probit)
Model in tracking infants’ BPD status using gender and weights at two different time intervals.
The data used for the analysis were samples of 50 infants drawn from an underlying population
of children with low birth weight (g) from Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital Zaria.
The children were confined to a neonatal intensive care unit, where they require intubation
during the first 12 hours of life, and they survive for at least 28 days and their weights measured
four weeks later. The results obtained found explanatory variables (weight at birth, weight after
Four weeks of life and gender) used to be significantly associated with the occurrence of BPD in
infants and suggested that, Probit fits BPD data more than Logit. It is therefore recommended
that Clinics should adopt the use of the probit model fitted by this research to detect prevalence
of BPD among infants so that adequate measures for prevention and control can be put in place
early enough to signal the danger of the full manifestation of the disease.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR STATISTICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract Several multivariate measurements require variables selection and ordering. Stepwise procedures ensure a step by step method through which th...Continue Reading »
2. A DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF EXPERIMENTS ON THE METHODS OF ESTIMATING VARIANCE COMPONENTS IN FARM ANIMALS.» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Variance measures the variability or difference from a mean or response. A variance value of 0 indicates that...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Oil is a major source of energy in Nigeria and the world in general. Oil being the mainstay of th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT It has been proved that in non linear programming, there are five methods of solving multivariable optimization with constraints. In this pro...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF FEATURE SELECTION AND DATASET SIZE ON THE ACCURACY OF NAÏVE BAYESIAN CLASSIFIER AND LOGISTICS REGRESSION» ABSTRACT Binary Logistics Regression and Naïve Bayesian classifier are two of the common classification modelling techniques that allow one to pr...Continue Reading »
6. STATISTICAL ANALYSIS ON INFLATION RATE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS 2010 - 2017)» ABSTRACT This project work focuses on the analysis of Inflation Rate in Nigeria from 2010 – 2017. The data used is a secondary data collected fr...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Despite the global decline in under five mortality rate from 90 deaths per 1,000 live births in 1990 to 48 in 2012, Nigeria has failed to rec...Continue Reading »
8. STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF CRIMINAL OFFENCES RECORDED IN KUJE – ABUJA (FCT) FROM 1999 – 2007 (A CASE STUDY OF KUJE POLICE DIVISIONAL HEADQUARTERS,...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The increasing desire of the government and civilization to improve the maintenance of law and order and to engage in cri...Continue Reading »
9. COMPARISM OF THE PENALIZED REGRESSION TECHNIQUES WITH CLASSICAL LEAST SQURES IN MINIMIZING THE EFFECT OF MULTICOLLINEARITY» Abstract A penalized regression techniques which is a variable selectionhas been developed specifically to eliminate the problem of multicollinearity ...Continue Reading »
10. TIME SERIES ANALYSIS ON MONTHLY SALES OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS IN NIGERIA FOR 30 YEARS (A CASE STUDY OF NNPC, Osun State)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The sales of petroleum products are the pivot behind the growth of the Nigeria economy. The Niger...Continue Reading »