Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The Odd Generalized Exponential-Exponential Distribution (OGEED) could be used in various fields to model variables whose chances of success or survival decreases with time. It was also discovered that the OGEED has higher positive skewness and has been found to have performed better than some existing distributions such as the Gamma, Exponentiated Exponential, Weibull and Pareto distributions in a real life applications. The shape parameter of the Odd Generalized Exponential-Exponential Distribution using the Bayesian method of estimation and comparing the estimates with that of maximum Likelihood by assuming two non-informative prior distributions namely; Uniform and Jeffrey prior distributions. These estimates were obtained using the squared error loss function (SELF), Quadratic loss function (QLF) and precautionary loss function (PLF). The posterior distributions of the OGEED were derived and also the Estimates and risks were also obtained using the above mentioned priors and loss functions. Furthermore, we carried out Monte-Carlo simulation using R software to assess the performance of the two methods by making use of the Biases and MSEs of the Estimates under the Bayesian approach and Maximum likelihood method. Our result showed that Bayesian Method using Quadratic Loss Function (QLF) under both Uniform and Jeffrey priors produces the best estimates of the shape parameter compared to estimates using Maximum Likelihood method, Squared Error Loss Function (SELF) and Precautionary Loss Function (PLF) under both Uniform and Jeffrey priors irrespective of the values of the parameters and the different sample sizes. It is also discovered that the scale parameter has no effect on the estimates of the shape parameter.
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the Study
In Bayesian approach, the prior information is combined with any new information that is
available to form the basis for statistical inference. Statistical approaches that use prior
knowledge in addition to the sample evidence to estimate the population parameters are known
as Bayesian methods.
The Bayesian approach seeks to optimally merge information from two sources: (1) knowledge
that is known from theory or opinion formed at the beginning of the research in the form of a
prior, and (2) information contained in the data in the form of likelihood functions. Basically, the
prior distribution represents our initial belief, whereas the information in the data is expr
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR STATISTICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. TIME SERIES ANALYSIS ON RAINFALL PATTERN IN CALABAR MUNICIPALITY FROM 2002-2014 A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN METEOLOGICAL CENTRE CALABAR» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Nigeria’s population and economic development are linked to climate sensitive activities i...Continue Reading »
2. COMPARISM OF THE PENALIZED REGRESSION TECHNIQUES WITH CLASSICAL LEAST SQURES IN MINIMIZING THE EFFECT OF MULTICOLLINEARITY» Abstract A penalized regression techniques which is a variable selectionhas been developed specifically to eliminate the problem of multicollinearity ...Continue Reading »
3. A DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF EXPERIMENTS ON THE METHODS OF ESTIMATING VARIANCE COMPONENTS IN FARM ANIMALS.» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Variance measures the variability or difference from a mean or response. A variance value of 0 indicates that...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT It has been proved that in non linear programming, there are five methods of solving multivariable optimization with constraints. In this pro...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study examined the birth pattern in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) using the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital (UATH) as a case...Continue Reading »
6. STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF CRIMINAL OFFENCES RECORDED IN BENIN – EDO STATE (FCT) FROM 1999 – 2007 (A CASE STUDY OF BENIN POLICE DIVISIONAL HEADQUAR...» ABSTRACT Statistics is playing an important role in virtually all aspect of human life. This role is used to analyze a project, which is aimed at anal...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Birth weight is an important indicator of child survival, future physical growth and mental development. Twenty million infants world wide re...Continue Reading »
8. A REGRESSION ANALYSIS ON THE IMPACT OF SMOKING, LEVEL OF EXERCISE, WEIGHT ON MEDICAL COST. (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTER OWERRI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study The increase in the number of people who are ill in the various health establishments has risen ...Continue Reading »
9. TIME SERIES ANALYSIS ON PATIENT ATTENDANCE (A CASE STUDY OF HAJIYA GAMBO SAWABA GENERAL HOSPITAL KOFAR GAYAN, ZARIA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Hajia Gambo Sawaba General Hospital since its inception in 1975 has received considerable amount of people, for treatment...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Organization’s success not only depends on what organizations currently providing but also de...Continue Reading »