Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The poor state of some rural community is becoming an unpleasant sight in this present age where development has suddenly become the order of the day even in the government of the nation. Several scholars therefore have ascribed this unpleasantness to Local Governments. Thus, this research examined the role of local government council in the development of rural communities. Literature in this respect on rural development efforts by Local Government Council was reviewed. Similarly, development theory of growth by W.W Rostov served as frame of reference. For the purpose of this research 185 questionnaires were administered to the respondents within the community using simple random sampling with the aid of two research assistants. The results were analyzed using statistical package for the social sciences. The hypothesis tested on whether there significance relationship between the roles of the local government on community development in Warra, Ngaski local government shows that there is a significance relationship between the roles of the local government and community development. Similarly, the findings of the research work revealed that Ngaski local government council played a vital role in community development in areas of road constructions, agricultural empowerment and health care service delivery to the people. Furthermore, the challenges faced by community people in areas of community development efforts were insufficient fertilizer to the farmers and also lack of maintenance culture of the community development projects. Based on the findings of the research, the following were recommended: that the community dwellers should be less money conscious and should focus on maintenance of the projects placed on ground, ensurance of the collaboration of the community dwellers and local government council among other recommendations.
1.1 Background to the Study
The reason for the creation of local government anywhere in the world stems from the needs to facilitate development at the grassroots. The importance of local government is a function of the ability to generate sense of belonging, safety and satisfaction among its populace. All forms of government, regimes or political system have so far ensured the attainment of this goal. Such strategies for ensuring national administrative development and political efficiency as found in the concept and practice of local government has been essentially regarded as the path to, and guarantor of national integration, administration and development in Nigeria’s socio-political context. With multiplicity of culture, diversity of languages and differentiated needs and means, the importance of such organization in fostering the needed national consciousness, unit and relative uniformity as well as well as preservation of peculiar diversities cannot be over emphasized.
Local government is the tier of government closets to the people which is vested with some powers to exercise control over the affairs of the people in its domain (Lawal, 2000:60). Local government is expected to play the role of promoting the democratic ideal of society and coordinating development programs at the local level. It is also expected to serve as a basis of socio-economic development in the locality.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SOCIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract The paper examined and analyzed the problems and prospects of the Nigerian federal character since colonial days till the present time. It di...Continue Reading »
2. A SOCIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF FRAUD AMONG EMPLOYEES OF SELECTED COMMERCIAL BANKS IN KADUNA METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT This research is entitled ‘A Sociological Analysis of Fraud among Employees of Selected Commercial Banks in Kaduna Metropolis’. T...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examines the effects of rural poverty on environmental degradation in Apa local government area of Benue State. The general researc...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe study investigated effects of insurgency on universal basic education in Borno state and other states in Nigeria. Basic education is the f...Continue Reading »
5. THE COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF SOCIAL MEDIA AND RADIO AS A SOURCE OF INFORMATION AMONG STUDENTS OF KASU» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the study The mass media are diversified media technologies that are intended to reach a large, heterogeneo...Continue Reading »
6. THE ANALYSIS OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC CONSEQUENCES OF CHILD BEARING AMONG UNMARRIED FEMALE ADOLESCENTS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study Adolescent childbearing remains a challenge requiring urgent resolution worldwide (UNPFA, 2013). The 2014 Worl...Continue Reading »
7. ORGANIZATION AND WORK BEHAVIOUR OF FORCE ORGANIZATION: (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE, AKWA IBOM STATE COMMAND)» ABSTRACT Publicity in today’s production is an area whose potentials have not been utilized. Lack of efficient publicity is one of the reasons m...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Maternal health is one of the major concerns of the global health community. Pregnancy related mortality is avoidable if preventive measures ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study A family can be recognized as a unit of people who have agreed to live together as father, mother...Continue Reading »
10. PROBLEMS MILITATING AGAINST EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF ECONOMICS IN SECONDARY SCHOOL IN EZEAGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE» Abstract This research work aimed at finding out the problems militating against effective teaching and learning of economics in secondary school in E...Continue Reading »