Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 85 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The topic of the study; Causes and effects of political violence in Gombe
metropolis. And the purpose of this first chapter is to outline the background of the
study, statement of the problem, research questions, objectives of the research,
scope of the study and definition of basic terms and concepts.
1.1 Background of study
Political violence refers to all collective attacks within a political community
against the political regime, its actors- including competing political groups as well
as incumbents or its policies (Halliru, 2013).
According to Millington (2007), from confrontations during strikes to the street
battles of extremist groups, violence was a feature of interwar European politics, as
countries entered an age of mass politics, governments searched for ways to
integrate their peoples into the political system. He stressed that, yet violence as a
means of political expression and engagement persisted, even in democratic
nations (Millington, 2007). Violent political conflict preceded the establishment of
fascist regimes in Italy and Germany, and civil war in Spain, in Eastern Europe, the
collapse of empire and the founding of new nation-states gave rise to violent
political struggle, in France and Britain, street fighting and rioting raised fears over
the breakdown of order in the western democracies (Millington, 2007).
More so, according to Human Security Report Oxford university (2005) out of 30
major political violence recorded in 2000, there were 23 civil wars, of which ten
were in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). These wars are estimated to have resulted in
over four million deaths and have cost the countries in question more than $138
billion (in 1995 prices). However, by the turn of the 21st century, Sub-Saharan
Africa has become the most violent region, accounting for more battle-related
deaths than all other regions combined (Human Security Centre, 2005).
From the years 1999 Nigeria witnessed an unprecedented increase in acts of
political violence across the country arising from the formation of ethnic and
political militia, such as Oduduwa People Congress (OPC), in the South-West of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SOCIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AVAILABILITY AND ACCESS TO RELIEF MATERIALS AMONG THE VICTIMS OF BOKO HARAM INSURGENTS IN THE NORTH EASTERN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.Background to the Study Internally displaced persons (IDPs) are persons or groupsof people who have been forced or oblige...Continue Reading »
2. GENDER DISCRIMINATION AND ITS EFFECTS ON EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE:( A STUDY OF FEMALE WORKERS IN KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, KADUNA).» ABSTRACT Gender discrimination is a broad phenomenon which is affecting every political, social and economic life. It has become a common occurrence e...Continue Reading »
3. INDIAN HEMP SMOKING AND ITS IMPLICATION ON STUDENT ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY KADUNA.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Indian hemp is a plant that has been cultivated since ancient times for its fiber, oil, and narco...Continue Reading »
4. KNOWLEDGE AND ATTITUDE OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS TOWARDS HOMOSEXUALITY AND ITS IMPLICATION ON SOCIAL ADJUSTMENT» ABSTRACT With civilization and urbanization on the increase in Nigeria today and also freedom from parents enjoyed by youths and students in various i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The UN Security Council authorizes peace operations by an affirmative vote of nine of the fifteen...Continue Reading »
6. ANALYSIS OF GENDER DIFFERENTIALS IN CAREER ADVANCEMENT OF STAFF IN AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA» ABSTRACT This study analysed gender differentials in career advancement of staff in Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. The objectives were to examine the...Continue Reading »
7. AN ASSESSMENT OF STAFF AND STUDENTS’ UTILIZATION OF ROUTINE MEDICAL CHECKUP IN AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY ZARIA, MEDICAL CENTRE, KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study was the Assessment of Staff and Student’s Utilization of Routine Medical Checkup in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Medical Ce...Continue Reading »
8. THE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC ADJUSTMENT OF VICTIMS OF THE 1998 VIOLENT INTER ETHNIC CONFLICT IN TOTO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, NASARAWA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The Bassa Egbura violent inter ethnic conflict rendered many people homeless, reduced them to internally displaced persons and inflicted othe...Continue Reading »
9. ASSESSMENT OF INFLUENCE OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT This study assesses the Influence of Social Media on Secondary School Students in Zaria, Kaduna State. The essence of this study was as a res...Continue Reading »
10. THE ANALYSIS OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC CONSEQUENCES OF CHILD BEARING AMONG UNMARRIED FEMALE ADOLESCENTS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study Adolescent childbearing remains a challenge requiring urgent resolution worldwide (UNPFA, 2013). The 2014 Worl...Continue Reading »