Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 85 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The topic of the study; Causes and effects of political violence in Gombe
metropolis. And the purpose of this first chapter is to outline the background of the
study, statement of the problem, research questions, objectives of the research,
scope of the study and definition of basic terms and concepts.
1.1 Background of study
Political violence refers to all collective attacks within a political community
against the political regime, its actors- including competing political groups as well
as incumbents or its policies (Halliru, 2013).
According to Millington (2007), from confrontations during strikes to the street
battles of extremist groups, violence was a feature of interwar European politics, as
countries entered an age of mass politics, governments searched for ways to
integrate their peoples into the political system. He stressed that, yet violence as a
means of political expression and engagement persisted, even in democratic
nations (Millington, 2007). Violent political conflict preceded the establishment of
fascist regimes in Italy and Germany, and civil war in Spain, in Eastern Europe, the
collapse of empire and the founding of new nation-states gave rise to violent
political struggle, in France and Britain, street fighting and rioting raised fears over
the breakdown of order in the western democracies (Millington, 2007).
More so, according to Human Security Report Oxford university (2005) out of 30
major political violence recorded in 2000, there were 23 civil wars, of which ten
were in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). These wars are estimated to have resulted in
over four million deaths and have cost the countries in question more than $138
billion (in 1995 prices). However, by the turn of the 21st century, Sub-Saharan
Africa has become the most violent region, accounting for more battle-related
deaths than all other regions combined (Human Security Centre, 2005).
From the years 1999 Nigeria witnessed an unprecedented increase in acts of
political violence across the country arising from the formation of ethnic and
political militia, such as Oduduwa People Congress (OPC), in the South-West of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SOCIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Prisons in many countries of the world are overcrowded and congested, have decaying infrastructure, lack hygiene and adequate health faciliti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the study According to Harris, (2013) of the 46 chromosomes in the human genome, 45 are unisex (Harris, 2013). Harris fu...Continue Reading »
3. ORGANIZATION AND WORK BEHAVIOUR OF FORCE ORGANIZATION: (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE, AKWA IBOM STATE COMMAND)» ABSTRACT Publicity in today’s production is an area whose potentials have not been utilized. Lack of efficient publicity is one of the reasons m...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In recent times, Nigeria has witnessed an unprecedented plaque of crisis and insecurity, each lea...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSMENT OF INFLUENCE OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ZARIA, KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT This study assesses the Influence of Social Media on Secondary School Students in Zaria, Kaduna State. The essence of this study was as a res...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study explores on the sociological examination of single parenthood in Makurdi local government area of Benue State with the following sp...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study attempts to examine Stigmatization and Alienation of Unmarried Teenage Mothers in Sub Culture (Agege Lga Of Lagos State). The stud...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Poliomyelitis immunization is a public health measure which prevents the death of children under 5years of age. Despite the benefits of this ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Maternal health is one of the major concerns of the global health community. Pregnancy related mortality is avoidable if preventive measures ...Continue Reading »
10. AVAILABILITY AND ACCESS TO RELIEF MATERIALS AMONG THE VICTIMS OF BOKO HARAM INSURGENTS IN THE NORTH EASTERN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.Background to the Study Internally displaced persons (IDPs) are persons or groupsof people who have been forced or oblige...Continue Reading »