Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 104 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
The study was the Assessment of Staff and Student’s Utilization of Routine Medical Checkup in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Medical Centre. The objectives were to determine whether staff and students of ABU, Zaria are aware of routine medical check-up, to determine the attitude of staff and students of ABU, Zaria towards routine medical check-up, to investigate the utilization patterns of routine medical check-up by staff and students of ABU, Zaria, and to ascertain the factors influencing the utilization of routine medical checkup among staff and students of ABU, Zaria from carrying out routine medical check-up. Relevant literature were reviewed in line with the study objectives and the Desire, Belief Oppotunity theoryand health belief model were adopted to explain the phenomenon being studied. The study was conducted in Ahmadu Bello University main campus Zaria. The study population were Ahmadu Bello University Staff and Students. Both probability and non probability sampling techniques were adopted to select the sample for the study.total of 287 respondents were drawn across the five(5) selected faculties in A.B.U. main campus. The quantitative data collected using the questionnaire were analyzed using Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS version 20) while data ( indepth interview) were transcribed and presented in prose form.Based on the research conducted, the study found out that majority of staff 87.3% and significant proportion 76.9% of students are aware that ABU medical centre carries out routine medical checkups, majority 91.2% 0f students and 87.3% of staff stated that they carry out routine medical checkup only when they sick.The study gathered that 75.5% of the respondents said they have anxiety to checkup because of the result of the test which affect their decision to seek for medical examination, 80.7% of the respondents said that long waiting time in ABU medical centre hinders them from going for medical examination,73.8% of them said that poor communication between the doctors and patients influence their decision to seek medical assistance in ABU Medical Centre, in conclusion most of the staff and students are aware of routine medical checkup, and are also aware that ABU Medical Centre carries out routine medical checkups. Most of the students got their information during orientation programmes organized for new students on admission and the staff got their information from friends and collegues.most of the respondents do not go for routine medical checkup, their reasons for non participation were fear of the detection of abnormal diseases, fear of stigma and lack of time and only attend medical checkup they are sick..It was suggested that awareness and sensitization programs should be intensified and taken round staff offices and students hostels in ABU,staff and students should develop a positive attitude towards routine medical checkup to prevent the negative effect on them and the University management should improve the medical facilities and supply adequate drugs at the health centre for Staff and Students.There should also be urgent institutional educational programes to improve knowledge, inculcate the right attitude and promote behaviour that prevent neglegence of proper health care.
1.2 Background to the Study
The precise beginning of routine medical checkup is not clear. Many writers have traced its
intellectual beginning to the British phisician Horace Dorbell, a renowed clinician, author and
expert on turberculosis and diseases of the chest (Han,1997). Dorbell advocated an exhausive
history, a meticulous physical examination and the use of laboratory tests. The
comprehensiveness of his exercise revealed the conviction that the slightest physiologic
deviation had pathogenic relevance and that its early detection would yield therapeutic power. In
1922, the American Medical Association (AMA) officially endorsed routine medical checkup
and began a campaign to spread its practice. By early 1960s, a sign of broadening public
acceptance of routine medical checkup had finally emerged. Currently, routine med
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SOCIOLOGY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INDIAN HEMP SMOKING AND ITS IMPLICATION ON STUDENT ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY KADUNA.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Indian hemp is a plant that has been cultivated since ancient times for its fiber, oil, and narco...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the study According to Harris, (2013) of the 46 chromosomes in the human genome, 45 are unisex (Harris, 2013). Harris fu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYThe home is a mini society and the society grows out of the home. The child is conceived at home and...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work has conducted to find out the socio cultural practices of people in Katsina State that encourage child abuse. The study fo...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSMENT OF SMALL ARMS PROLIFERATION IN NORTHERN NIGERIA, IT IMPLICATION ON NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the perception and effect of SIWES on business education students in Nigeria. This study was guided by th...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF CORRUPTION ON SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN KADUNA STATE A STUDY OF KUBAU LOCAL GOVERNMENT (2008-2013)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background to the Study The growing increase in industrialization and globalization which emphasized on free trade turne...Continue Reading »
7. THE DETERMINANCE OF INDUCED ABORTION AMONG UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS: A STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE NIGERIA» ...Continue Reading »
8. SOCIO - ECONOMIC STATUS AND CHILDREN’S EDUCATIONAL LIFE CHANCES: A STUDY OF PEASANT FARMERS IN BASAWA AND BOMO DISTRICTS OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study investigates the relationship between socio economic status and children’s educational life chances using the peasant farmers of...Continue Reading »
9. A SOCIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF FRAUD AMONG EMPLOYEES OF SELECTED COMMERCIAL BANKS IN KADUNA METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT This research is entitled ‘A Sociological Analysis of Fraud among Employees of Selected Commercial Banks in Kaduna Metropolis’. T...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPLEMENTATION OF GOVERNMENT POLICY ON CHILD SURVIVAL STRATEGIES IN ARDO-KOLA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF TARABA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The first five years of life are the most crucial to the physical and intellectual development of children and determine their potentials to ...Continue Reading »