Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
There has been so much write up on the motivation of secretaries. The activities of secretaries can make or mar an organization’s productive efforts. Relevant information were collected through the questionnaire and personnel interview conducted with the secretaries the questions in the questionnaires were structured in a way to enable the researcher determine the effects of motivation on the productivity of the secretary they also analyzed in view to determining whether there are differences in the factors that motivates secretary’s productivity.
BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Motivating secretaries has always been a major concern of managers. Every business organization has its main objective; the production of goods and services for the purpose of making profits in all organizations the personnel department has the responsibility or recruiting, selecting and placing workers on the particular jobs where they are most sorts able. It concerns everything to do with putting together and organizing teams of employees for the purpose of helping the business achieve its objectives. Accordingly, it involves designing jobs to make them as interesting as marching the personal aspirations of the secretary to the needs of the organization developing and motivating secretaries. The success of any origination depends on the effective productivity of its employees. Thus would reveal a complex behavior of different people at work and helps the management most importantly to acquire some specific perceptions as regards to the best way to management employee, for maximum productivity. Organization seeks to achieve their objective and satisfy the needs of their employees for higher productivity. Consequently, the management must ensure that organizational goods are archived by suitable rewarding the good work done by the secretary ad the secretary recognized as achievers. Nwachukwu (1988) said that management functions involves creating and maintaining an environment for the performance of the individuals who are working together towards the accomplishment of a common objective to do this, he pointed out that a manager should how to motivate her subordinate, he should study the behavior pattern of the workers to see how itself and towards cooperate achievement. Employees are highly and cooperation is favorably relative to the various form of compensation they receive in exchange. To ensure the secretary's productivity, and progress of the organization, staff children allowances, holiday good retirement benefits conducive working environment, training and so on. The reward s that employees seek can be broadly categorized into two groups namely: the extrinsic reward (usually monetary rewards) and intrinsic reward (psychological rewards to individual).
Examples of extrinsic reward could be a bonus incentive payment while an intrinsic reward could be the satisfaction felt from a work will done many school of thoughts and a study of psychologists have preferred solutions to higher product writing. The school of thoughts includes the scientific management school led by F.W. Taylor which believes that money and material incentives are the ultimate solution to the achievement of higher productivity, the humanistic focus on management are the only solution towards achieving increased productivity. The study of psychology has shown that a lot of theories have been propounded on motivation by different people such as Abraham Maslow, Fredrick Herzberg, and Douglas Mc Gregor and so on. These theories have also led to the recognition of the different motivational tools.
Employees respond to a boss who instructively treats employees to live up the confidence shown by the manager and alerts them of the importance of their job. Effectiveness and high productivity are the and product of job motivation therefore satisfaction is as a result motivation thus job satisfaction could be said to mean an employees response to the question, how satisfied are you. Employees would therefore need to be motivated to the fulfillment of his or her job aspiration since jobs are signed for people and not people for jobs man therefore labor in order to make up his physical, social and physiological need. The salaries, benefits working conditions of the secretary should be fairly treated by their immediate manager as well as the entire management to ensure that job performance of worker in both public and private sectors. The type of motivation to be adopted my management has been a very persisted issue people different in the priority they give to the rewards they expect or receive from their work/Output of workers produced large bonus for themselves, the problem was to find a scheme that was fair to both management and workers, Today many schemes are based upon measured work system devised by is not important, but many question whether it is the only important reward that people seek from work.
The problem then is any given organization is to know the type of motivation that will lead to increased productivity.
An unmotivated employees is a dissatisfied workers and a threat to organizational effect of objectives when a worker is not motivated he will be un-corporative aggressive, isolative, deviance, regressive, and lacks confidence etc. the organization cannot actualize its desired goals if employees are not fully motivated. Motivation plays a vital role on the productivity of a secretary when a secretary is not motivated it results to reluctances to hard work.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Motivation is the optimizing effective and efficient job performance of workers in both public and private sectors. The types of motivation to be adopted by management has been a very persisted issue, people different in the priority they give to the rewards they expect or receive from their work output of workers produced large bonuses for themselves. The problem was to find a scheme that was to both management work systems devised by work study practitioners, no one suggestion whether it is not important, but many question whether it is the only important reward that people seek from work the problem then in any given organization is to know the type of motivation that will lead to increased productivity. An unmotivated employees is a dissatisfied workers and a threat to organization efficiency of objectives when a worker is not motivated he will be un-corporative aggressive, isolative, deviance, regressive, and lacks confidence etc. the organization cannot actualize its desired goals if employees are not fully motivated. Motivation plays a vital role on the productivity of a secretary when a secretary is not motivated it results to reluctances to hard work. Statement of problem can be in a dedicative or interrogative from in which ever from the problem is stated, it is important that it should be short and unambiguous, also the problem must be stated, convincingly so as not to leave the reader in any doubt about the necessity for finding solution to the problem. This is done in the following ways.
1. State the problem clearly
2. Show the implication of the problems existence,
The general more serious problems as this will show the rationale for generalize the solution or adapting
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
It is believed that all levels of organization hope to achieve their goals and satisfy the needs of their employees for increased productivity. In most cases, it appears that management do not actualize those laudable objectives thereby leading to low productivity. It is believed that the inability of both the management and its workers to achieve their respective objectives could be attributing to inadequate motivation. It is therefore the purpose of this research study to; ascertain the effect of motivation on the productivity of worker in some selected organization Union Bank, MTN Nigeria and Crusader Insurance company the effect of management style to the job of the secretary.
· To identify the relationship that exists between motivation and management efficiency in organization The proper and improper application of strategies
· To identify the factors that will enhance productivity create awareness on the part of management as to the influence motivation could on workers. Advance suggestions on how to improve workers productivity in Owerri through motivation.
1. Also it represents a statement of the objectives of the study
2. It can be written as a general statement of what the researcher intend to accomplish
3. It can further broken down to specific statements of objectives
4. It is important to strike a balance between specificity and generality
5. By ensuring that the objectives are not too specific as to result in a long and unmanageable list of specific objectives
The research is conducted in order to investigate the view of employees in some selected organizations in Imo state, Union Bank of Nigeria, MTN Nigeria, and Crusader Insurance Company on the effects of motivation on the productivity of secretaries geared towards improving organizations efficiency. Question have emerged
1. What management styles affect the productivity of the secretary?
2. How can improper application of motivational strategies have a negative or positive effect on his/her productivity level?
3. How are secretaries adequately motivated to perform effectively in their organization?
4. How do good relationship monetary incentives, good working condition and environment contribute effectively to the productivity of the secretary?
5. How does an increase in the secretary pay a motivation for higher productivity?
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is very obvious that the impact or effect of motivation on the productivity of secretaries cannot be under estimated. Problems arose from the inconsistencies in the payments of workers salaries as at when due denial of secretary's promotion, lack of training opportunities no provision of good working environment. This research study will provide reliable methods of motivating secretaries for higher productivity. This study is aimed at giving the management of the various organization a more realistic view to the importance of well developed and well implemented strategies, cause when secretaries are motivated, it reduced truancy, absenteeism strike actions the employees should be able to know that if worker are adequately motivated, they will put in their best which in turn lead to higher productivity. This research work that workers are not only motivated by financial rewards, but motivation can equally come in the form of non-financial rewards like, provision of health facilities, free medical care, canteen at subsidized rate, good pension schemes, finally, the out come of this work will establish that proper motivation will not only improve productivity and job performance of secretaries but will also boost the continuity and effective realization of organizational goals and objectives it states the major contributions the researcher hopes the work will make either to the theory or the practical filed of the area of study it concerns the use fullness of the study to mankind so it provides the rationale for undertaking the study.
SCOPE OF STUDY
The scope of the study is meant to discovering the data processing skills required of secretaries in selected business organizations. Also the study is delimited in the scope to the effects of motivation on the productivity of secretary in selected business organization it has been the characteristics of this type of study to create some problems the researcher did not find it simple to prepare this work.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR SECRETARIAL STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF MODERN OFFICE EQUIPMENT ON THE SECRETARYS PERFORMANCE IN SELECTED GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENTS IN OWERRI MUNICIPAL» Abstract This research was conducted to ascertain the impact of modern office equipment on the secretary’s performance in selected government es...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 259 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
2. THE IMPACT OF MODERN OFFICE EQUIPMENT ON THE JOB PERFORMANCE OF SECRETARIES IN OWEERI MUNICIPAL, IMO STATE.» ABSTRACT This research was conducted to ascertain the impact of modern office equipment on the secretary’s performance in selected government es...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 267 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
3. COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED OF SECRETARIES FOR EFFICIENT PERFORMANCE IN THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION OWERRI, IMO STATE» Abstract This project is aimed at finding out strategies for improving records management skill of secretaries in selected business organization in Ow...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 258 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
4. ELECTRONIC OFFICE EQUIPMENT USED BY SECRETARIES IN MODERN BUSINESS OFFICES IMPLICATION FOR EFFECIENCY OF WORK OUTPUT» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to examine the electronic office device equipment used by secretaries in modern business organization and its im...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 259 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In today’s national and international buiness world, information is a price less commod...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 226 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
6. PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF MARRIED FEMALE OFFICE MANAGERS IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT BANK)» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the problems and prospects of married female office managers in business organizations. The population consisted ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 285 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
7. THE PROBLEMS FACED BY NEWLY EMPLOYED OFFICE TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT GRADUATES (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDE OWERRI)» ABSTRACT This research is aimed at evaluating the problems faced by newly employed office technology and management graduates in Federal Polytechnic N...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 266 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This project work attempted to identify the computer skills and knowledge secretaries must possess reference to ABC Transport Company Distric...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 238 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
9. EMPLOYER’S EXPECTATIONS OF SECRETARIES IN AN AGE INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) DRIVEN BUSINESS OFFICES IN OWERRI» ABSTRACT This, study focuses on employers’ expectations of secretaries in an age of ICT driven business offices in Owerri. Four research questio...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 258 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES
10. ELECTRONIC OFFICE EQUIPMENT USED BY SECRETARIES IN MODERN BUSINESS OFFICES IMPLICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT OF SECRETARIES.» ABSTRACT This study examined the Electronic Office Equipment used by secretaries in modern Office. The purpose of this study is to determine the elect...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 281 hits | Source: SECRETARIAL STUDIES